Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I seem to be reading conflicting statements regarding Henrique.

Has he indicated that he is moving on? He still has excellent hands but next year he is 35. One way or another the Oilers have to find some younger bodies. You would think Lavoie would be the one addition who is not currently playing with the big team but they thought so much of him last year that they put him on waivers and no one claimed him.

I don't see many "younger alternatives' waiting in the wings anywhere in the Oiler organization.
There also aren’t that many C’s available

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Fair point.

We should have him be Skinner's back up and he can come with a 5M cap hit in those years instead.
No. You can keep him this year and move or buy him out next year- if it gets to that. Jeff Jackson said he is trying to move him. You love going to extremes heh?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If that's the case, I would LOVE to see Debrusk+Arvidsson/Kane/Toffoli. That's the kind of offseason that could make this team an overwhelming favourite, in the same league as Colorado from a couple of years ago.

Maybe he would like to spend a year playing with the best player on the planet? Knock one off the bucket list?
I like it. I think it’s also time to move Hopkins to 3rd line centre if Henrique doesn’t sign.

Hard no on Campbell.

I don't care if he's a nice guy, I don't care if he had decent AHL numbers. He gots to go. We can't afford him. Buy him out and let's go shopping for wingers and RD.
Buying him out is so shortsighted

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
No. You can keep him this year and move or buy him out next year- if that happens. Jeff Jackson said he is trying to move him. You love going to extremes heh?

Sure, you could do that I suppose. I'd rather not because I'm serious about trying to win next season. We need the extra space now while 2 of our 3 best players are still underpaid by about 16 million dollars combined giving us a massive competitive advantage over the field.

Campbell should have been bought out last Summer actually.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Stupid Florida tax advantage though. I wonder how much real dollars he gave up.
Very good point the tax advantage does change it a bit. Still he did the right thing for the team and now it seems they do t wish to return the favour and have him retire with the bolts. Thats some serious bad karma

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Without him they never get the cups they won. He was the BOLTS. Kinda reminds me of when they refused to sign Lecavilleir again
Reminds me of the Hawks just ending the whole Kane/Toews era on a whimper too. American teams just don’t give a shit about legacy. When McDrai win here, they can stay for as long as they want and go into management.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Reminds me of the Hawks just ending the whole Kane/Toews era on a whimper too. American teams just don’t give a shit about legacy. When McDrai win here, they can stay for as long as they want and go into management.

We sound like suckers in that scenario..

Are they gonna take a haircut to win a championship? Doesn't sound like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad