Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Just seems like Janmark and Brown are certain which is nice provided they are 1-1.5.

I liked Perry in the regular season but he didn’t do much in the playoffs. He’s probably still a great guy in the room. Rotating Perry/Lavoie in probably isn’t terrible.

If Desharnais is 1-1.5 then we really should be moving Ceci out at this point. We need all the cap space we can get.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
According to the mains, Askarov is available. Yes they just resigned Pickard but running Skinner-Askarov, does anyone have the appetite for that?
I suspect that the title of that thread is misleading. I think it was more LeBrun speculating that with the signing of Saros that the Preds might want to deal Askarov at some point. I suspect he is not really available unless the deal is to hard to turn down. Now going forward things could change.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Just seems like Janmark and Brown are certain which is nice provided they are 1-1.5.

I liked Perry in the regular season but he didn’t do much in the playoffs. He’s probably still a great guy in the room. Rotating Perry/Lavoie in probably isn’t terrible.

If Desharnais is 1-1.5 then we really should be moving Ceci out at this point. We need all the cap space we can get.
Perry was exposed against Vancouver's speed and shined against Dallas's slow meandering unphysical game. We should definitely let Perry move on.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

No we need to keep Ceci. We made it to game 7 with him /s

The Perry curse is strong and I think we need someone better over him.

I like Desharnais as a 7 d or at least a placeholder 6D until the deadline as long as he is that cheap.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

We don't need Vinny either

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I really don’t understand that trade from NJ point of view. Gave up Schmid and Holtz for nothing. I think both guys have some promise. If Vegas gave up something, maybe I would get it. Vegas doing Vegas things.

Reactions: McDoused

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So you are saying a Vezina quality goalie wouldn’t have made a difference in a 7 game series that final game ended 3-2?
The problem is that a true Vezina quality goalie is going to cost you $8M or more if not now or as soon as their deal is up. So you can't add one unless you are willing to subtract a key piece somewhere else.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The problem is that a true Vezina quality goalie is going to cost you $8M or more if not now or as soon as their deal is up. So you can't add one unless you are willing to subtract a key piece somewhere else.
I’m guessing you have the guy I was responding to on ignore. He was arguing that Demko being hurt had no effect on the series.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Florida got blown out though, not lost by 1 in game 7.
I mean we were down 0-3 though, that is something that shouldn't be ignored.
Yep half.
Ekblad - Forsling
Staal - Montour
Maura - Gudas

To

Ekblad - Forsling
Mikkola - Montour
OEL - Kulikov
We can do this without getting rid of Nurse.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - ???
Broberg - ???

This seems somewhat realistic. Kulak is getting paid to much and ceci is ceci.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Tanev is nothing. He will do nothing but slow down the leafs D and sit on LTIR.
Leafs need puck moving D so bad. They tried the "big, physical, no puck skills" approach last year on D and that worked out poorly for them.

Tanev can at least move the puck ok, and Tanev is an improvement on their D, but he's not going to transform that D group at all.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - ???
Broberg - ???

We should be able to add a legit top 4 d with the cap of Ceci and Kulak. They probably being back Desharnais till the deadline at least at that point.

Reactions: McHelpus

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Didn't florida change up alot of the dcore when they lost though?

OEL, Kulikov and Mikkola. So yup they did in that sense but none of them were huge moves though, just minor adds and signings that didn’t eat up much of their cap.

Their main core of Ekblad, Forsling and Montour stayed.

I expect ours will be the same with Bouch, Ekholm and Nurse. I doubt we see Kulak moved but who knows. Ceci potentially replaced and Broberg in all year is really all I expect.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - ???
Broberg - ???

That had a lot more to do with Edmonton not finishing their chances than it did Florida dominating them. Series easily should have been 2-1 either way after 3 games.

Reactions: Frank the Tank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad