Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You know that Van was the best team in the NHL right?

You know that Vegas won the cup with a backup goalie right?

Acting as if Van should have been more of a cake walk cuz of Demko being out is disingenuous
also the real question of the Vancouver series was Skinner, if Skinner gave us the games he played from Dallas on, its over in 5. we should be thanking Vancouver for getting him pulled, it woke him up.

Didn't florida change up alot of the dcore when they lost though?
Florida got blown out though, not lost by 1 in game 7.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I wonder if we can find a taker for Kulak.

It’s pretty clear Nurse isn’t going anywhere, and I doubt anyone considers taking on Ceci without us having to add after the season he had. If he’s kept on the third pair though I think we see a much better Ceci next year.

Move Kulak out to make room for Broberg on his natural side so if he continues to progress, he can hopefully take over Ekholms spot next to Bouchard in a few years.

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse ______
Broberg Ceci
______

whoever ends up in the spot next to Nurse is going to have to be a very good second pair Dman at least though. The idea of Bouchard being injured even for a few games without a massive upgrade on the second pair is scary.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
How is that an L take on the Vancouver series? We won game 7 3-2 and Van was playing a 3rd string goalie and was missing their Vezina caliber goalie. You don’t think that makes a difference?

We earned all 7 games against Florida and we deserved to win that Dallas series.
My point is lots has to go right and you can’t expect it all to. So you have to improve your team so you need far less good luck. Shit the team that just won the cup made changes.
It’s not your 3rd string if you choose to play him over your backup. It’s your backup.

Sure lets travel to the magic what if world and give them Demko. Then we get healthy McDrai.

You have no idea what would happen. Lol “Vezina calibre”. The actual Vezina winner got absolutely demolished in the playoffs.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
so , avatar bet?

i think theyll easily make the playoffs and have at least 1 100 point player. goaltending will be top notch behind more veteran D, and several young forwards will break out for massive offensive seasons.

with no budget last year they were pretty good early, had a bit of implosion leaning on too many young players and an injured goalie... but finished strong and kicked our asses on the way out. -18 and 77 points in the standings... theyre going to solidifiy and their elite young talent will fire things up with these veteran puckmovers on board.
I’ll take that bet if you want!

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
There are a half dozen posters that disappear during the good times and come back to tell us we should feel bad about the team and that they'll never go all the way.

They see this place as cheap therapy and all too many are willing to oblige, IMO

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
How is that an L take on the Vancouver series? We won game 7 3-2 and Van was playing a 3rd string goalie and was missing their Vezina caliber goalie. You don’t think that makes a difference?

We earned all 7 games against Florida and we deserved to win that Dallas series.
My point is lots has to go right and you can’t expect it all to. So you have to improve your team so you need far less good luck. Shit the team that just won the cup made changes.
The reason everyone rips you is because you always speak as if hypotheticals are definitive and it always skews negative to the Oilers. Youre essentially insinuating that if Vancouver had Demko the Oilers lose that series and you have absolutely zero way of knowing that.

Maybe Vancouver beats us there or maybe Demko chokes, maybe Vancouver doesn’t play as tight in front of him as they would in front of a rookie goalie. Maybe Edmonton steps up their offensive attack.

All we know for sure is what actually happened and that is Edmonton putting away Vancouver on the way to the finals. I remember after each of the first two times we beat the Kings. Those summers the usual suspects were despairing the teams in division including the kings getting better while the Oilers did little but we keep beating them. Right on schedule here we are 5 days removed from the season ending with Oilers going down to the wire for a Cup we’re crying about what other teams are doing and what the Oilers aren’t doing. This is a Stanley Cup team and they still have an entire off season to do their tinkering.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
After being completely blown out by Vegas, giving up 26 goals in 5 games.

Situations aren't comparable at all
No, they saw their flaws, even though their team was heavily injured and came back stronger.

It’s extremely hard to make it that far in back to back years. We have a few players we simply need to improve on. We got far in spite of them. Like it’s not a ton, but we can just run it back with Nurse and Ceci again. Like they can’t lol

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Not surprised we are so quiet. JJ admitted we are behind the ball game due to how deep we went into the playoffs.

Priority is moving Campbell and bringing back all our guys. We’re going to likely just run it back with maybe couple changes.

Nothing drastic and nor should it be expected given we were one win away.

I think similar to Florida last year, team is banking on a more healthier roster + hunger to finish the job to get us back in the mix of things.
If we can keep the majority of the lineup together and find a top 6 winger for Draisaitl and a Ceci replacement then I think we'll be a better team next season. I'm calling 2 Cups in the next 5 years.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I see HF is back to its norm. Toxicity, lunacy and just downright rotten :)

Ahhhh to be alive!!!!

We just went to the Stanley cup final. Some of us need to breathe. And potentially go outside
With a healthy Draisaitl and McDavid this doesn't even go 6 games.

Reactions: Ibanez

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The reason everyone rips you is because you always speak as if hypotheticals are definitive and it always skews negative to the Oilers. Youre essentially insinuating that if Vancouver had Demko the Oilers lose that series and you have absolutely zero way of knowing that.

Maybe Vancouver beats us there or maybe Demko chokes, maybe Vancouver doesn’t play as tight in front of him as they would in front of a rookie goalie. Maybe Edmonton steps up their offensive attack.

All we know for sure is what actually happened and that is Edmonton putting away Vancouver on the way to the finals. I remember after each of the first two times we beat the Kings. Those summers the usual suspects were despairing the teams in division including the kings getting better while the Oilers did little but we keep beating them. Right on schedule here we are 5 days removed from the season ending with Oilers going down to the wire for a Cup we’re crying about what other teams are doing and what the Oilers aren’t doing. This is a Stanley Cup team and they still have an entire off season to do their tinkering.
People make definitive statements back like Demko wouldn’t have mattered.

My entire point is lots went right for us in the playoffs. Things went wrong too and a few of the usual suspect players cost us games, dragged things out and massively hurt the team in the playoffs.

Why wouldn’t the team try and improve? Making to the end is hard so if you clear liabilities in your lineup, move on from them.

That said the moves that we will reasonably make are not today. It’s frustrating to see how easily some teams can make moves, but like, we don’t shave a GM right now so it’s harder.

Really all we need to do is move on from Campbell, replace and upgrade Ceci and upgrade on Foegele. Bring the rest back and I think we can go far.

And none of this has to happen today. Campbell has to happen tomorrow but that’s it.

I mean I would also love a Nurse and Kane gone but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Tanev to the D Graveyard / Glue Factory
I like Tanev but I thought they were trying to go far in the playoffs? Tanevs body can’t handle that.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
No, they saw their flaws, even though their team was heavily injured and came back stronger.

It’s extremely hard to make it that far in back to back years. We have a few players we simply need to improve on. We got far in spite of them. Like it’s not a ton, but we can just run it back with Nurse and Ceci again. Like they can’t lol
your schtick is old give it up.

We have lost 3 years in a row to the cup winners...our team isn't a bottom team, nothing you say will change that. you sound like a troll. I'm done responding to you. You remind me of the guy in this meme.

they-dont-know-meme-3.jpg

Reactions: PBandJ and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad