GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Some of our fans should feel freaking stupid for the way they reacted to the entire episode.
Mr. @*** I don't want to tell you I told you so but I told you so.
For real, some really embarrassing takes from fellow Habs fan on the main board.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't particularly care that he didn't. The intention was there. He was looking to rip his head off.
Good that was exactly what it was supposed to be I thought that was understood but he was still targeting the chest with his shoulder.
Blaming Arber for an action the other team instigated and the officiating got wrong is not just.
Struble explained everything in explicit detail.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Good that was exactly what it was supposed to be I thought that was understood but he was still targeting the chest with his shoulder.
Blaming Arber for an action the other team instigated and the officiating got wrong is not just.
Struble explained everything in explicit detail.

Yeah and I think Struble's explanation makes it abundantly clear that years of long-term injuries to key guys have taken a mental toll on the franchise. I think this group could easily something relatively small into something much bigger because of the frustration. It's dangerous. WiFi went headhunting because Dach was on the receiving end of a suspect hit. I don't think anything - including a fight - would have stopped him from doing that.

Reactions: MoneyManny

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lmaooooo this is the ONE hahaha! He barely grazes him
From that angle it look like there is zero contact to the head, the hit is to his arm and the domino effect Stuzzle hit himself in the face with is own stick that what knock is head back and helmet off… I didn’t like the hit but could live with it because of the situation but if there no contact to the head there zero issue with the hit… What the point of going to the replay if your going to make the bad call both time…

Grieg is a real piece of shit hahah bad hit, doesn’t answer the bell, dives, delay drop the glove when he finally does… Honestly that is no even a guy that I would want on my team…

Reactions: FLHabs

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I just love that new angle man, it's so undeniable and watching Sens fans twist themselves in a pretzels trying to rationalize is freaking hilarious

From that angle it look like there is zero contact to the head, the hit is to his arm and the domino effect Stuzzle hit himself in the face with is own stick that what knock is head back and helmet off… I didn’t like the hit but could live with it because of the situation but if there no contact to the head there zero issue with the hit… What the point of going to the replay if your going to make the bad call both time…

Grieg is a real piece of shit hahah bad hit, doesn’t answer the bell, dives, delay drop the glove when he finally does… Honestly that is no even a guy that I would want on my team…

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah and I think Struble's explanation makes it abundantly clear that years of long-term injuries to key guys have taken a mental toll on the franchise. I think this group could easily something relatively small into something much bigger because of the frustration. It's dangerous. WiFi went headhunting because Dach was on the receiving end of a suspect hit. I don't think anything - including a fight - would have stopped him from doing that.
I don't think Greig's action was relatively small. It shouldn't be happening. Particularly in pre season.
There used to be a code in the NHL 4th liners don't run Marquee players in the pre season.
There was a reason the Leafs showed up at the Bell Center with a chip on their shoulder.
One Michael Pezzetta ran John Tavares he was a little late with his hit and he made a bad decision by not easing up a tad.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't think Greig's action was relatively small. It shouldn't be happening. Particularly in pre season.
There used to be a code in the NHL 4th liners don't run Marquee players in the pre season.
There was a reason the Leafs showed up at the Bell Center with a chip on their shoulder.
One Michael Pezzetta ran John Tavares he was a little late with his hit and he made a bad decision by not easing up a tad.

I'm just talking generally. Could be a future event. I understand why the guys are on edge but it's also a potential problem for us.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I’ll have to hear the interview again but I was pretty sure that he said that Greig had multiple chance and warned of the consequences of not answering the bell if of Greig drop the glove I don’t think Xhekaj goes headhunting… which with lastest replay doesn’t even seem like a hit to the head…

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I’ll have to hear the interview again but I was pretty sure that he said that Greig had multiple chance and warned of the consequences of not answering the bell if of Greig drop the glove I don’t think Xhekaj goes headhunting… which with lastest replay doesn’t even seem like a hit to the head…

I'm sure they won't come right out and say it but personally I'm of the opinion that Xhekaj would have headhunted no matter what and no matter which team it was. I think this is bigger than just the hit on Dach.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm just talking generally. Could be a future event. I understand why the guys are on edge but it's also a potential problem for us.
How. I think the message is clear.
Teams started harassing Nick Suzuki last season when he put the team on his back after the all star break.
Nothing was done about it and that can't go on it just can't.
It's an accumulation for sure but it's not only about freak injuries.
Every team will use measures at their disposal to protect their star players.

Reactions: Sookind

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm sure they won't come right out and say it but personally I'm of the opinion that Xhekaj would have headhunted no matter what and no matter which team it was. I think this is bigger than just the hit on Dach.
Maybe but that wasn’t the situation… If Greig answer the bell that Xhekaj hit is totally unacceptable… Remember Byron 5’8 160lbs getting knock out cold answering the bell for a dirty hit he made, Perry having to fight when Tavares got hurt on a accidental play in the playoff… there no reason for Pare or Grieg not to take responsibility for their action regardless of intent. Everyone knows that if you don’t there will be retribution one way or an other. I hope our player would drop the glove just try not getting knocked out and if the other team escalate thing it will be totally unwarranted…

Reactions: Gustave

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Xhekaj's lil Houdini trick has made the ENTIRE Sens fan base look SO FREAKING DUMB hahahaha the copium is over 9000! They're gonna hate this guy THAT much more lolll

Tbh this is MUCH more fun then him actually connecting on the hit :laugh:

Reactions: Habby4Life

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The only bad thing about tonight's he was the pk. I can understand the pp sucking to some extent, but there is no excuse for the PK to be this awful.

Reactions: Rapala

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
A couple of things about this.

#1 - I was pissed off when the Kirby hit happened and the other Habs just skated around. WTF. Somebody should have immediately went after Grieg.

#2 - Wifi hit. Don’t give a shit what the media or the NHL think. It wasn’t a hit to the head. The message had to be sent. How many times have we seen teams take liberties and nothing is done. Arber did the right thing. I hope MSL is as supportive in the room as he was in the presser. Imagine, someone doing that to a hab top guy when Nilan, Corson etc were around, Wifi’s hit would seem tame.

#3 - Kirby Fight. It was nice to see him tune that turd up but he shouldn’t be doing it. At some point someone should have jumped Greg and made him man up. That I find disappointing.

#4 - great to see them pushback but I still don’t see that pack mentality. They really need to bring in help for wifi.

Reactions: FLHabs and Sookind

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
A couple of things about this.

#1 - I was pissed off when the Kirby hit happened and the other Habs just skated around. WTF. Somebody should have immediately went after Grieg.

#2 - Wifi hit. Don’t give a shit what the media or the NHL think. It wasn’t a hit to the head. The message had to be sent. How many times have we seen teams take liberties and nothing is done. Arber did the right thing. I hope MSL is as supportive in the room as he was in the presser. Imagine, someone doing that to a hab top guy when Nilan, Corson etc were around, Wifi’s hit would seem tame.

#3 - Kirby Fight. It was nice to see him tune that turd up but he shouldn’t be doing it. At some point someone should have jumped Greg and made him man up. That I find disappointing.

#4 - great to see them pushback but I still don’t see that pack mentality. They really need to bring in help for wifi.
I didn’t really see the pack mentality early but I think this is still a pretty good start by the end of the game it was a lot stronger

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the refe had the same choppy angle that we saw on tsn.

This angle definitely works in Arber's favor.
Yup it had everything to do with how his elbow ended up after the fact. It still didn't look like a head shot because we saw it was all stick.
It did however look like a perfectly finished high elbow to the chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: JianYang

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I really hope the events of these last two games changes the shit culture that has been around this team for too long and our players start defending each other and do it with attitude and snarl. Over the last ...who knows how many years, how many Habs players have been injured or involved in dirty plays with zero retaliation at all? I'm looking at you gutless Anderson. Edmonson. Too many many more to name. Goalies run. Nothing. Players taking bad or dirty hits. Nothing. The Evans hit from Scheifle. Nothing Something, hopefully, has finally given and we stop being a team full of wimps now.

Reactions: FLHabs

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Xhekaj was having a very good game before he got ejected and he went after Stutzle only because they went after Dach, as simple as that... You try to injure our best players? Watch yours!!

Cant blame Xhekaj here, he did what he had to in a meaningless game.

Heineman is NHL ready, I think he makes the team and Im expecting him to play up and down the line-up through the year.

It sucks for Reinbacher, but he is only in his D+2, will have plenty of time to develop and reach his full potential, His injury will let the door open to Engstrom and Mailloux to play all situations in Laval.
You should at least get on the same page as your coach who says the hit on 18 was definitely not due to the hit in Darch and besides, the hit on 18 wasn't really bad, it just looked bad on slow motion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad