Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | How About the RW Kenny?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If anything, trading Barrie away is the callsign that Bouchard isn't going anywhere.

He would have just gone for Ekholm if management considered him expendable.

Reactions: Oilhawks

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
There's other forwards I prefer more than Eller. Provorov looks overpaid and doesn't seem to bring anything we don't really already have. Sanheim is the defensive stud on that team.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think you're more likely to see Broberg there, vs. the Oil going for more outside help.

Nurse-Ceci/Bouchard
Broberg-Ekholm
Kulak-Ceci/Bouchard

Niemo,Vinny
Murray, Demers

That's likely the defence they're going to likely roll with. Maybe you'll see Holland target someone like Holden as another spare body, but I think the top 6 is set.
Second pairing would be a huge jump for Broberg.

He's playing 12% of his ice time against elites right now. That's extremely sheltered even for a third pairing guy.

Relying on him to play there, especially in a playoff run, seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Barrie has elite production on the PP only. 5v5 he isn't even the best on the team over the past 3 years.
Over the past 3 years Nurse is 14th in the league for 5v5 points with 66, Barrie is 38th with 53. He is definitely strong 5v5 for sure. Bouchard ranks 53rd in the league with 49, only 4 less than Barrie but also has 34 less games played.
So we at least have Bouchard that if he gets his development back on track (he should, imo its only a slump) we should be okay.
Barries PP numbers are elite and I am curious if anyone can fill that although, our PP numbers the past few years haven't really changed much with or without him so there is hope there.

The issues with this is...Nurse doesn't play right, Provorov doesn't play right Ekholm has played right but it didn't go the best and is much better on his left. I love the idea of upgrading Kulak or Ceci but we need a guy who can legit play right d.
Just last week I was pointing out that over last several years, or even time in Edmonton Barrie was a topten in whole league production D at Evens. The numbers don't really lie. For instance over last 7-8 seasons, thru prime, Barrie has been 7th most productive D on PP, 9th EV, no slouch in either endeavor.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don't know how safe Bouchard is, as he's pretty slow. Look at our D. Nurse, Ceci, Ekholm, Broberg, Desharnais, Kulak are below average skaters.

• Haha
Reactions: McBooya42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad