Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | How About the RW Kenny?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
I think Holland will make one more sizeable move on the back end. By Friday teams like Calgary will enter the mix to sell and we still have assets.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If I'm holland right now I look at the oilers d and see this

Nurse - XXX
Ekholm - XXX
Broberg - Bouchard
Unfortunately, there really isn't any good right shot d available. Ceci is better than Klingberg, Ghost can play right side but not well and not defensively. Chychrun is good but plays left, Provorov absolutely doesn't play right.

Looking at guys that are really available (Not Karlsson) and compared to Ceci....there isn't really an upgrade for right D.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Unfortunately, there really isn't any good right shot d available. Ceci is better than Klingberg, Ghost can play right side but not well and not defensively. Chychrun is good but plays left, Provorov absolutely doesn't play right.

Looking at guys that are really available (Not Karlsson) and compared to Ceci....there isn't really an upgrade for right D.

It would be kind of crazy if it happened but I'm a little scared they're looking at Parayko given it was Dreger who reported his availability, he dropped the Alberta hint, and if you believe in the player he's the guy out there that checks the right boxes.

But that would be the real risky move.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It would be kind of crazy if it happened but I'm a little scared they're looking at Parayko given it was Dreger who reported his availability, he dropped the Alberta hint, and if you believe in the player he's the guy out there that checks the right boxes.

But that would be the real risky move.
Big long contract just starting, back issues right now, his XGF numbers have been bad to awful for 4 seasons straight. his actual GF% has been bad too. Al of his more basic advanced stats have been awful as well. Could it be being on a bad team? For sure, but usually the actual good guys still have some decent numbers hidden in there. Not so with him.

I think what happens far to often is someone sees a guy who plays a TON of minutes and assume they must be good. Everyone does it. But dude is substantially worse than Nurse.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe you go Ekholm-Ceci with tough matchups and D zone starts and play Nurse with Bouchard for all the offensive time and slightly easier ice time for Darnell. Kulak-Broberg/Desharnais can take up what’s left
I think it could end up that way by the end of the season but I think Bouchard starts with Ekholm to ease him into more minutes again.

Reactions: Spawn

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I don't think you necessarily have to upgrade on Ceci. You're mainly looking to keep Bouchard on the third pair and give Ekholm a partner that can handle tough minutes with him.

Ghost, Holl, Gudas, etc. would work.

Maybe TVR? He's cheap and having a good year.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
We may disagree on the internet, but I don't think there is any way the Oilers coaching staff is looking at this defense and not viewing Nurse as their clear #1

He's still going to get a lot of time against the top of the opposition's lineup, but the idea of an Ekholm is you can get his minutes down from outrageous to just pretty high.

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
A friend of mine delivers for Uber and drove to Stauffers house around 11pm several months ago. Instead of dropping the food off at the front door (It was Tony's Pizza Palace) Bob excitedly ran out to grab the food. My buddy couldn't help but peer into the house and said he saw a huge framed picture of Josh Anderson on the wall. He also said Bob was sweating profusely and smelt like boiled eggs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Its kinda funny how Barrie was seem as this horrible contract/player when he was an Oiler but now that we traded him hes this premium puck moving dman that everyone wants.
Nah, myself and others had Barries back his whole time here. Similarly he had a lot of detractors here. Kind of the way it usually is here.

Barrie is an elite production D. One of the best in the world. I was reasserting just that point a week ago, and two weeks ago, and..

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think you necessarily have to upgrade on Ceci. You're mainly looking to keep Bouchard on the third pair and give Ekholm a partner that can handle tough minutes with him.

Ghost, Holl, Gudas, etc. would work.

Maybe TVR? He's cheap and having a good year.
Fair I don't mind this. Most likely means Kulak is out cap wise but yeah. Ghost would absolutely not work for a guy to handle tough minutes. Gudas might be able to. Holl would be a sneaky good add. 30% of his time against elites, breaks even possession wise, but has been outrageously unlucky against them (oniceshooting% 5%, 0.890sv%). He is most likely the one to move in Toronto, wonder the cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad