Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | How About the RW Kenny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Is Gudas someone that can face elites? He strikes me as a Kulak level guy (ideally caps out as an 18min per game 4/5 type. Which is how Florida has used him the last 3 years).

I think the best spot for Ceci is with Kulak on a basic no-nonsense, meat-and-potatos pair that can eat a lot of non-critical defensive situations. Leaves Ekholm to mentor Broberg and Nurse to shelter Bouchard (in a 2021 Nurse-Barrie "The best shelter is attacking in the other teams zone with McDrai" way)
Gudas is pretty heavily sheltered yes. Not quite 2021-23 Barrie Bouchard levels of sheltered but he definitely is one of those "great numbers vs middle/bottom, weak vs elites" guys. The last high leverage natural RHD who excels vs elites available was Jensen and he just got extended so we're probs better off just flipping Ekholm to the right side and upgrading on Kulak at LHD.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is Gudas someone that can face elites? He strikes me as a Kulak level guy (ideally caps out as an 18min per game 4/5 type. Which is how Florida has used him the last 3 years).

I think the best spot for Ceci is with Kulak on a basic no-nonsense, meat-and-potatos pair that can eat a lot of non-critical defensive situations. Leaves Ekholm to mentor Broberg and Nurse to shelter Bouchard (in a 2021 Nurse-Barrie "The best shelter is attacking in the other teams zone with McDrai" way)
Gudas has very good results against elites the last two seasons.

He shouldn't be playing *a ton* against them necessarily but with average deployment he'd be just fine.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ceci gets his head kicked in vs elites. That's why I don't like Klingberg.

The guy for me of what's left is Gudas. Ekholm-Gudas would be a nasty pairing that could handle the tougher minutes.
I know we think this but...does he?
Ceci plays a team high 40%(!!!) of his ice time against elites. And is a +8 against elites 5v5. 48% Corsi, his dangerous fenwick stats (the ones puckiq uses) is 47% which is worst out of our top 4 d. So I don't think he necessarily gets his head kicked in vs elites, numbers don't quite show that, but playing 40% of his icetime against them is far too much and more of that needs to be shared down the lineup.
Hopefully with Ekholm, the second pairing can take more of that. Cause as is, our #2 LHD Kulak, only plays 26% of his time.

Weirdly enough, our best regular defender against Elites have been Bouchard and he has played 17% of his time against them (Barrie was playing 23%)

I wonder if we don't run Nurse - Ceci, Ekholm-Bouchard and Drop Nurse and Cecis time against elites and give some more of it to Ekholms pair. Looking at the stats I think less tough icetime for Ceci, and he can still easily play on the top pairing, but just not as much as he currently is.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I know we think this but...does he?
Ceci plays a team high 40%(!!!) of his ice time against elites. And is a +8 against elites 5v5. 48% Corsi, his dangerous fenwick stats (the ones puckiq uses) is 47% which is worst out of our top 4 d. So I don't think he necessarily gets his head kicked in vs elites, numbers don't quite show that, but playing 40% of his icetime against them is far too much and more of that needs to be shared down the lineup.
Hopefully with Ekholm, the second pairing can take more of that. Cause as is, our #2 LHD Kulak, only plays 26% of his time.

Weirdly enough, our best regular defender against Elites have been Bouchard and he has played 17% of his time against them (Barrie was playing 23%)

I wonder if we don't run Nurse - Ceci, Ekholm-Bouchard and Drop Nurse and Cecis time against elites and give some more of it to Ekholms pair. Looking at the stats I think less tough icetime for Ceci, and he can still easily play on the top pairing, but just not as much as he currently is.
Get eyes on Gudas' results against elites. That's why he's the guy I want.

I also think it's telling that Nurse's numbers spike away from Ceci.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
From the Preds board...

Ekholm is the defenseman literally every team craves. Defensively responsible but decent offensive upside. Big, plays well positional, doesnt get rattled. If you've got a young up and coming puck moving dman who you are afraid is a little defensively lax, Ekholm is a great fit. Hes a 1D on a lot of teams, we just had the embarrassment of riches at D his whole career that kept him on the second pair.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I'd be so ####### pumped if we got Provorov as well. Left side right side who gives a #### we would be so stacked on D it wouldn't really matter. Dominant on offence and defence. We would win the Cup.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
If we could add one more quality dman, I would be VERY excited about this team. We all know how good this group is offensively.. it's keeping the puck out of our net that has been the problem for years. Imagine McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Kane, and Nuge with a great defence behind them??

Reactions: TGOSnipes99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad