Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | How About the RW Kenny?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even if you get Klingberg where does he play

Nurse Klingberg
Ekholm Ceci
Kulak Bouchard

?

I don't think it's smart to take Desharnais out, with Ekholm and Desharnais we finally have a couple of guys that will focus first on defence and maybe that'll also get Nurse in line.

Reactions: Magnum23

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Talking to Nashville fans they tried him out on RD and it was okay but like most defensive guys, playing your off side hurts your game.

Provorov doesn't play right and Ekholm has on occasion but its not something he should be penciled into doing. More of a, he can fill if needed but shouldn't be his role.
Ekholm or Provorov on the right side is still better than Ceci, Desharnais, Bouchard

I'm sure Holland has no problem with leftie on the right side.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
For what it's worth...
Whether the Senators are still interested could be moot, though, as Parayko has a full no-trade clause and one source close to him told The Athletic that he’s said in the past he would only waive it to go to Edmonton and another said he wouldn’t be interested in going to Ottawa, specifically.
This was in The Athletic this morning.

I can see the top pair right D being a big focus in the offseason. Add him into the mix.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
With the supposed frontrunner, LA now out of the Chychrun, I wonder if Arizona now has to lower their expectations. Sure would be nice, but a fall back for me might be Klingberg or Ghostesbere to help out on the PP in case Bouch struggles.

With the report that Armstrong backed out of the deal at the last second and wanted more, it’d be nice if we could squeeze them and go back to them with like Kulak, Foegele/Yamo, next years 1st and 2nd for Chychrun and Bjugstad. Take it or leave it. Armstrong has really screwed up the Chychrun situation. While he does have term left, I can’t see him being too happy about sitting for 3 weeks and left dangling. He probably won’t be very happy if he’s suiting up in a Coyotes jersey again, so you may actually be able to buy a bit lower now

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Oilers should target Clarke Wilm. He hasn't played in several years but has plenty in the tank and is a handsome fella.
This could be the most random post I have seen on HFBoards....and I have been here since 2002.

f2e2ff71-6757-4d0f-83f2-e6e1e0e44788_text.gif

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Provorov doesn't work as he only plays LD.
From my understanding Ekholm can play RD but not effectively, so running Nurse, Ekholm and Provorov on the left side would be a waste.
Unless you move out one.
In my honest opinion adding Provorov makes us Cup favorites.

When you have that much tenacity and skill on the backend a player switching to their off-hand doesn't matter all that much. Ekholm already said he can play RD and it doesn't matter to him. Broberg said the same.

This isn't slot hockey and these players have played and practiced up and down both sides of the boards at the highest possible levels for their age group for a long time. Swedes can do anything.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In my honest opinion adding Provorov makes us Cup favorites.

When you have that much tenacity and skill on the backend a player switching to their off-hand doesn't matter all that much. Ekholm already said he can play RD and it doesn't matter to him. Broberg said the same.

This isn't slot hockey and these players have played and practiced up and down both sides of the boards at the highest possible levels for their age group for a long time. Swedes can do anything.
Playing d on your offside is very different and for most defenders, drops their efficiency and ability, especially defensively. Its more common for playmaking d to be more fine cause it can help with that but for the most part, its better to keep d on their proper sides.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Double retention combined with his dip in production means you’re getting him for 1.75 and probably not giving up a 1st. I’d say that’s buying low on a guy who’s scored at a 54 point pace over his career

I just don't understand what his role would be. Is the idea to give him Broberg's extremely limited 5 on 5 role and Barrie's PP minutes?

Seems like a pretty pointless use of assets and caps space that could be used to adress the holes on the right side of the forward group.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Double retention combined with his dip in production means you’re getting him for 1.75 and probably not giving up a 1st. I’d say that’s buying low on a guy who’s scored at a 54 point pace over his career
Depends on the cost. You would be looking at probably like a 3rd and a 4th for just the retention.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I just don't understand what his role would be. Is the idea to give him Broberg's extremely limited 5 on 5 role and Barrie's PP minutes?

Seems like a pretty pointless use of assets and caps space that could be used to adress the holes on the right side of the forward group.

I think the idea would mostly be to replace Barrie for cheap, and you could run 11/7

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Klingberg
Broberg - Bouchard
Kulak

Depends on the cost. You would be looking at probably like a 3rd and a 4th for just the retention.

Ya I was thinking it probably costs like a 2nd to Anaheim and a 4th to the 3rd team to facilitate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad