Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No, because once the Oilers found his weak spot he was basically ineffective. He got lit up after they found the first one.

Jarry has warts, but the pens suck.
The Pens suck and they are still getting a better performance off a no name rookie third stringer than Jarry.

Swapping Nurse for Jarry actively makes the team worse and you’re now looking to add two top 4 D-men at the deadline instead of one.

If all we were considering was present and future cap space it would make sense. But the team is trying to win a cup. We are going to be hard pressed to have the assets to acquire one top 4 dman at the deadline. Adding two? Might as well throw the season away.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I actually like that Kane news. Come back healthy and get prepped for the playoffs.

It is maddening that we had a Kane who couldn't play and a very injured Drai (F*** YOU VANCOUVER) in the finals.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’d be willing to bet your mortgage that Connor Murphy is an Oiler at some point.
He's a realistic get for sure. Easy to make the logical connection (I've done as well early in premature deadline shopping machinations). Questions will be about ability to move the needle, the competitive environment for premium scarcity positional asset.

Now put your mortgage down and I'll take the bet on it!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad