Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Matt Martin signs with the islanders (One year, $775k aav)

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Just as soon as you read a headline that the sabres or islanders won a cup lol. I like mysteries but im gonna spoil this one for you. Nelson will be long retired before either happen....cheers
You might have people pregame at a Bills game without jumping through tables before the Sabres or Islanders win a cup.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Isle fans: Mna we need to do something about our offense
Lou completely senile and thinks it's 1974: Signs who he believes is Pit Martin
Pit Martin. Nice blast from the past. Poor guy died when the ice cracked under his snowmobile and he drowned after plunging into lake. I think it took a day or so for divers to find his body. Loved watching him play

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Pit Martin. Nice blast from the past. Poor guy died when the ice cracked under his snowmobile and he drowned after plunging into lake. I think it took a day or so for divers to find his body. Loved watching him play

Yeah, that really was a tragic ending to a pretty good player. Played for my team but obviously is most known for being a Hawk.

Only watched him on tape.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What was that guy that was flat out terrible

and he kept getting contracts becuase he was a good "locker room guy"
he had the greatest agent in the world

I think his was Nate or Owen
montreal gave him a contract, then philly, then winnipeg, then LA and he was like 35+ at that point

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I was actually just wondering what his status this year would be a few days ago. Good for him. Always liked him

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yeah, that really was a tragic ending to a pretty good player. Played for my team but obviously is most known for being a Hawk.

I'm in my mid 60s. Starting following league in '67-68 season. Most know him as Hawk. Many forget he got there from Boston in the Espo trade

Reactions: Hobnobs

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
What was that guy that was flat out terrible

and he kept getting contracts becuase he was a good "locker room guy"
he had the greatest agent in the world

I think his was Nate or Owen
montreal gave him a contract, then philly, then winnipeg, then LA and he was like 35+ at that point
How long ago?

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Old school hockey player, great to see him again in a NHL team. Must be mandatory all NHL teams have at least 3 players with the heart and passion of Matt Martin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad