Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Imagine we didn’t want to beat a 7th rounder and average prospect for a very good 3rd line center so we could protect Kassian.. f***in brutal from Holland to be honest. McCann and Nurse were former teammates as well he would’ve been such a good fit.

McCann isn’t that great at being a centre.

He put up some points this season for sure. But that’s about it.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Guessing NYI news should be coming out shortly they need a d-man for the expansion draft exposure requirements.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I mean 5.5 in 2 years and Neal is still here with us. It’ll be a good comparable to see what picks are moved with him
There's a pretty big difference between the $5m still owed to Ladd and the $11.5m still owed to James Neal.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hold up, the Blues are exposing Tarasenko to Seattle? I just can't believe that nobody would offer up any value for him. Hell, even a 7th rounder is better than losing him for nothing.
They must know that something is REALLY wrong with his shoulder because this is shocking.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I get you basically hate Kassian and his contract, but Benson isn't the player you imagine him to be
I don’t give a flip about Benson. This is the chance to shed some bad deals. But alright, I’ll do it your way. Ken Holland is just biding his time and will make a great deal that will shut all the haters up.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Hold up, the Blues are exposing Tarasenko to Seattle? I just can't believe that nobody would offer up any value for him. Hell, even a 7th rounder is better than losing him for nothing.
They must know that something is REALLY wrong with his shoulder because this is shocking.
Or we will find out they're leaving him "exposed" with a side deal with Seattle for a little asset?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Like I said, shit Holland all we want, once we see expansion lists Holland won't even look like a top 10 dumb gm. If our biggest worry in expansion is Benson, we in a good spot

Something else i was thinking about. Maybe deal from Seattle might be cheaper than trading with the teams. Maybe we end up with a goalie and center thru Seattle.

Protecting Kassian is a top 10 dumb GM moment unless there is a trade in the works post-expansion draft. The Oilers could really use that freed up money over the next 3 years especially once the UFA overpays start rolling in. Has nothing to do with Benson really.

With that said, I always expected them to protect Kassian once Stauffer put it out there so it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad