Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
K so with the Ellis trade and the Leddy trade we now have two comps to compare the Keith trade to. Keith has been the lowest cost out of all. Their performances on their new teams will be an interesting watch.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
K so with the Ellis trade and the Leddy trade we now have two comps to compare the Keith trade to. Keith has been the lowest cost out of all. Their performances on their new teams will be an interesting watch.

How in the world is the Ellis trade comparable to the Keith one?

Ellis is still a top pairing defensemen and is 8 years younger than Keith.

Reactions: thadd

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

I dont think Ellis or Leddy are worldbeaters but it would be very surprising if Keith outperforms either one of them, and neither of them are going to retire in the next 2 years and evaporate all the value invested in acquiring them.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I dont think Ellis or Leddy are worldbeaters but it would be very surprising if Keith outperforms either one of them, and neither of them are going to retire in the next 2 years and evaporate all the value invested in acquiring them.

Ellis is definitely a world beater

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How in the world is the Ellis trade comparable to the Keith one?

Ellis is still a top pairing defensemen and is 8 years younger than Keith.
It’s not at this point. But if Keith improves and Ellis takes a step back. Perceptions will change quickly on the value aspect of that trade. Ellis has never reached the heights Keith has hit, means not much at 38 years old but you never know what playing with McDrai and going to a good team from a bad team can do for a player.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm surprised Nolan Patrick has any sort of value to be honest. That's a great deal for Philly essentially upgrading from Myers to Ellis. Must be nice to have a competent GM

Reactions: DarksideGhost

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If they didn’t move than maybe they weren’t available.

I of course have no idea what Holland did or didn't do but both of those guys are likely going to be lost in the expansion draft unless they have deals with Seattle. I would've been trying to convince them trade one, and perhaps that's exactly what Holland did. That's fine.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Seattle potentially being good right off the bat is as irritating as the knights having imminent success

Can we fold our team and receive an expansion team instead? I feel like we could win a playoff game that way :laugh:

Reactions: McAsuno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad