Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I feel like Laughton would be a more realistic add along with Seeler (Laughton and Konecny would be a pipe dream). If we tossed them McLeod and one of Kulak/Ceci for Laughton and Seeler then we would be saving some money. Laughton would be an upgrade on McLeod and Seeler is paid like a bottom pairing dman. Money saved could go toward Bouchard or bringing in some more help in the bottom 6

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With Arizona running less than a 50 mil team this year and a truly average D....maybe we get to see what Kesselring might have been...hope so. He could see multiple extended cups of coffee..
I was high on his potential. For some reason he never really got a push here and never really got his just due. I hope that he has a long career but it sucks that it's not with us.
I think it’s pretty unlikely the Flyers would use up both their remaining retention slots for the next two seasons for such a little return.

Also worth pointing out that the article that is quoted in that story also has the Oilers interested in Parayko and Pesce. Feels less like a real rumour and more like speculation (which is fine, we are entering the doldrums of summer here).
The guy mentioned how Konecny would help our top 6 and PP. I question his hockey knowledge since it'd be unlikely that he'd be on the top unit. None of those names are new but it sure seems quiet out there with arbitration upcoming.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
They could make the cap work if they were to do lets say McLeod + Ceci + Campbell + (firsts/prospects) for Konency@50% and Hart. Then go and sign Toews and Dumba for cheaper deals (assuming that they will sign cheap deals on the Oilers) to replace McLeod/Ceci. You can certainly make it work but its a bit of fantasy land wishing going on here (i.e. not very realistic).

They don't need to trade Campbell and Ceci for it to work. If it's just Foegele (Konency @2.75M 50% = Foegele 2.75M) and McLeod (1.5M Laughton 50% = 1.5M McLeod IF he re-signs that low), we would have 4.1M left to re-sign Bouchard to that Bridge, and we'd be fine. If we can upgrade Ceci and Kulak, THEN you trade both. But otherwise, I don't think Campbell is going anywhere. I've accepted he's staying.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I was high on his potential. For some reason he never really got a push here and never really got his just due. I hope that he has a long career but it sucks that it's not with us.

The guy mentioned how Konecny would help our top 6 and PP. I question his hockey knowledge since it'd be unlikely that he'd be on the top unit. None of those names are new but it sure seems quiet out there with arbitration upcoming.

If we want to try and ease the load on the top guys, it would make sense to have a guy like Konecny to try and improve our second unit

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
If we want to try and ease the load on the top guys, it would make sense to have a guy like Konecny to try and improve our second unit
To reiterate and use another sports venacular....It does seem like an awful long bomb. Not that i wouldn't mind seeing that throw completed....but seems quite a distance.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They don't need to trade Campbell and Ceci for it to work. If it's just Foegele (Konency @2.75M 50% = Foegele 2.75M) and McLeod (1.5M Laughton 50% = 1.5M McLeod IF he re-signs that low), we would have 4.1M left to re-sign Bouchard to that Bridge, and we'd be fine. If we can upgrade Ceci and Kulak, THEN you trade both. But otherwise, I don't think Campbell is going anywhere. I've accepted he's staying.
Except Konecny and Laughton at 50% are going to cost you an insane amount. Philly has already turned down a 2st and a third for Laughton at full price. This deal costs you the equivalent of 3 first round picks + something like a second with the best piece being a rental. That package could get you a very good player with term.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I find myself in a bit of a conundrum you see.

I wanted Zadina here as a reclamation project. I also claimed Grier is the worst GM by far in league history looking at his transaction history.

So either I was wrong about Zadina or I will have to give the worst GM in league history a reconsideration if Zadina pans out. I think it's a smart move. I do wonder if we were in on him for the 800kish range. 1.1 is interesting.

The fact he gave up all that cash to still play in the NHL, or at least try to have a spot, is insane.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I find myself in a bit of a conundrum you see.

I wanted Zadina here as a reclamation project. I also claimed Grier is the worst GM by far in league history looking at his transaction history.

So either I was wrong about Zadina or I will have to give the worst GM in league history a reconsideration if Zadina pans out. I think it's a smart move. I do wonder if we were in on him for the 800kish range. 1.1 is interesting.

The fact he gave up all that cash to still play in the NHL, or at least try to have a spot, is insane.
San Jose needs forwards...with hopefully some upside.
Grier was left with one hell of a mess.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Are they now? Did I happen to disagree with your view along the way?

I hope so...Shite it will be....hahahaha. But i will still enjoy the posting.
It has nothing to do with disagreeing with any of my views. You're posts and takes are just mostly shite. I wasn't kidding when I once asked if this was an alt Duul account. All my opinion of course, and you are totally free to post to your heart's content. It's not personal or even malicious. It's simply a part of the miasma that is a part of HF Oil.

iu

Reactions: SupremeTeam16

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
It has nothing to do with disagreeing with any of my views. You're posts and takes are just mostly shite. I wasn't kidding when I once asked if this was an alt Duul account. All my opinion of course, and you are totally free to post to your heart's content. It's not personal or even malicious. It's simply a part of the miasma that is a part of HF Oil.

iu
okay. lol

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Not sure how this can be possible unless you include Ceci, Fogi a couple prospects and at least a 1st and a couple other picks with salary retention. 🤔

Looks like idle speculation citing a third party source rumour board. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

I could definitely see - or hope to believe - Oiler management have some contingency plans in mind should McLeod go to arbitration and win. Any award of $2 million or more, I think tilts to exploring a peak year win now cost controlled replacement like Scott Laughton.

Losing McLeod's dynamic speed and still latent development potential for a battle tested gritty, character 3C who plays in hard areas so vital in the winning season would align with organizations at different development cycles. I think it would be a big challenge to make this a bigger deal for Laughton and Koneckny.

I like McLeod a fair bit. But he's at risk of pricing himself beyond his value to a mature phase organization. Though as a centre he holds more value to the Oil than winger casualties Yamamoto and Puljujarvi.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
San Jose needs forwards...with hopefully some upside.
Grier was left with one hell of a mess.
Do they? The Sharks have a lot of forwards. It's easy to see a guy losing ground in an environment like that pretty quickly if the points don't come right away.

I get the Hertl connection there, but San Jose has a lot of tweener middle six wingers on that roster already. What is Zadina hoping that he can do there?

I see a guy there that hasn't recognized that he isn't an elite sniper. Disappointing. I was convinced that he was committed to changing his approach.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Wonder if this was the only team to offer anything?

Zadina chooses a smart landing spot for himself. Will have a great chance for top six minutes and specialty time with runway on a rebuilding club to prove his absent offensive abilities against pro competition. The guy made a huge $4 million bet on himself. Won't lack for motivation to establish an NHL skill set on a team that can afford a low cost gamble on 1st round pedigree. Win Win.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Do they? The Sharks have a lot of forwards. It's easy to see a guy losing ground in an environment like that pretty quickly if the points don't come right away.

I get the Hertl connection there, but San Jose has a lot of tweener middle six wingers on that roster already. What is Zadina hoping that he can do there?

I see a guy there that hasn't recognized that he isn't an elite sniper. Disappointing. I was convinced that he was committed to changing his approach.
Don't you get the feeling when you see this guy ....'There's a good player in there somewhere'.
Maybe Grier feels there is untapped potential ....

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't you get the feeling when you see this guy ....'There's a good player in there somewhere'.
Maybe Grier feels there is untapped potential ....
I see a player that plays a perimeter game. He takes a lot of low percentage shots and does very little that differentiates him from dozens of other one dimensional skill forwards with better production.

I liked the potential of a player that could've thrived as a niche third liner if he committed to a Daniel Sprong role facing some of the soft competition on a better team. In San Jose he's going to get crushed at 5v5. And if he's not on one of the top two lines, the production likely isn't there.

If the production is there and he puts up 40 or 50 points next year, I don't see how he's ahead. He's still Andreas Athanasiou. A guy with no market at a higher salary.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Except Konecny and Laughton at 50% are going to cost you an insane amount. Philly has already turned down a 2st and a third for Laughton at full price. This deal costs you the equivalent of 3 first round picks + something like a second with the best piece being a rental. That package could get you a very good player with term.
That's why I said the only way I could see it work is if they did 50% retain, but I'm not that serious to overpay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad