Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Lmao. Imagine it's the Connor Brown 3.25 dead cap space that tipped the decision as some of us speculated.
Obviously the Connor Brown signing was Steve Staios' call and he's trying to wreck the Oil before he abandons ship ala Brad Treliving.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kinda surprised Kane and the family live in Edmonton over the summer (granted it's quite nice in the summer), but everyone said "he has a model wife! They're going to be in LA all the time!" stuff. Most players tend to leave the city they play in over the summer, but looks like the Ekholms and Kanes are both in Edmonton year round.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kinda surprised Kane and the family live in Edmonton over the summer (granted it's quite nice in the summer), but everyone said "he has a model wife! They're going to be in LA all the time!" stuff. Most players tend to leave the city they play in over the summer, but looks like the Ekholms and Kanes are both in Edmonton year round.
But how, I was told LA because acting and it being the 1990s

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This season I really want to see all of the younger guys take on a bigger role. It will hurt the point totals of guys like Hyman and Nuge. But I want our top end guys to be more rested for the playoffs, and our younger players more prepped to contribute in the playoffs.

Broberg, Holloway, McLeod, even Foegele. I'm curious what the 3 forwards could do in a line, but also if you put one of each on lines with the big 6.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At this point maybe more of a Ryan level player. This is exactly why I am ok with the Brown signing because guys like Hinistroza are probably what you would have been looking at instead.
I'd be comparing him with Lane Pedersen at this point.

Reactions: Oilhawks

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd sign Alex Chiasson for a league minimum deal.

We know what we are getting with him as he's had one tour of duty already with the Oilers and he's a right shot right winger... something there aren't many of hanging around.

Reactions: brentashton

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Derick Brassard is a good option for #4 centre (or at least a back up for that spot) as well. For league minimum he'd be a decent option to have in the org. 51.5% on faceoffs over the past 3 years... and even when you look at offensive production, he's ranked #266 (tied) in pts among forwards on NHL.com... and that's while playing only 161 games in those 3 seasons. I don't think the Oilers can do much better for league minimum.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Derick Brassard is a good option for #4 centre (or at least a back up for that spot) as well. For league minimum he'd be a decent option to have in the org. 51.5% on faceoffs over the past 3 years... and even when you look at offensive production, he's ranked #266 (tied) in pts among forwards on NHL.com... and that's while playing only 161 games in those 3 seasons. I don't think the Oilers can do much better for league minimum.
We can call them the Charmin Bottom Six.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
This may be one of the best signs for the life Kane is trying to lead now. The LA scene is likely the last thing he needs, chilling here and becoming part of a community is what he needs.

I will freely admit I didn’t want him here, and that I was also completely wrong. It has been enjoyable watching this guy here and in our community.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Marshmallows are pretty nice compared to whatever Chiasson is.
I don't want Chiasson back either, but I throw up in mouth a bit every time somebody mentions Nick Ritchie. He's been underwhelming for almost a decade in this league and there were questions about his work ethic back in junior. Where does a LW even fit on this roster? He'd be behind half a dozen of them.

Chiasson hasn't made much of a mark since he put up 20 here years ago. We saw firsthand what happens to his game when he doesn't get the offensive push.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At this point maybe more of a Ryan level player. This is exactly why I am ok with the Brown signing because guys like Hinistroza are probably what you would have been looking at instead.
Hinostroza is more a Yamamoto level player, what has Yamamoto done in Ryan's role? Without the cushiness of a McDrai or RNH bump I don't see much offense from Yamamoto. Hell even with them he has been sub par more often than not.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad