Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
That's called rope-a-dope hockey, and Woodcroft was out of his league in every facet of the game. Of course Cassidy wanted McLeod on the ice against his number one. Who won the series?

You believe if Woodcroft double shifted McLeod the Oilers would have won that series? If McLeod was double shifted the Oilers would have been swept in convincing fashion. Every home game in Vegas would have been serenaded with "we want ten".
Lol- my favourite part of your posts is how you just pull shit out of your ass and state it as fact. Rope-a-dope hockey? So, let me get this straight- Cassidy asked Eichel not to score against McLeod’s line, be hemmed in his own zone- on purpose? The end goal being he hoped Eichel
Would get a tougher matchup on paper? Holy hell you make absolute no sense whatsoever.

If Woodcroft kept up with that line matchup- extrapolating from the small sample size, Vegas would have had to rely on another line to score vs the one that killed us. But you keep doing whatever is that you do

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You're hatred of McLeod is just stupid. I get it, you want him to be Zach Kassian, but McLeod is good at hockey, so that makes him more helpful. Not hard to figure out.
He's a 4C on this team, and isn't a good enough or valuable hockey player to be a 3C, especially not in playoff games. That reality is beyond obvious. He is the definition of a weak perimeter player. Maybe he would do a bit better on the wing. He is the definition of perimeter. He is not someone I want on this team because he does not help us win games in the playoffs.

It's not a hatred, it's looking at what he brings for the cost given our situation and I don't think he helps. I would prefer to put Holloway in his spot even, because I know Holloway at least has the potential to become a player that helps us win in the playoffs. Mcleod doesn't have that potential...and now he wants how much money? Let him walk, bring in a winger, and put Holloway or RNH back at C. That's the decision that has to be made.

• Haha
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

duul

Jun 21, 2010
That's horrible for about a half dozen reasons.

- Assuming Holloway will seamlessly fit in the top 6 is a big leap

- Assuming Borgault can play in the NHL full time is a big leap

- Assuming Zadina is even an NHL player is a big leap

- Ryan is better on the wing than centre

- The bottom 6 is horrendous even as shown here, but even worse if RNH has to go up to the top 6 if Holloway doesn't work

This brings me back to 19-20 era Oilers where we were throwing shit against the wall up front to see what sticks. Just no.
All of these wingers are interchangeable, including RNH back at top 6 wing with Holloway or someone else placing 3/4C.

Holloway can play full time NHL next year, he has to. Holland has stated as much that he will be playing the full season here. It's a guarantee.

Bourgault and Lavoie, one of them has to make the jump. It's as simple as that.

Zadina has proven himself to be an NHL player -- his metrics are great at 5v5. He is a significant + in terms of cf/ca at evens in the bottom 6. It's a no brainer to try and get him in here for a bottom 6 role if he can be had for the league min.

We don't use our bottom 6 anyway because it is horrendous, you're absolutely right. I agree with you completely. The only way our bottom 6 stops being atrocious is if we give our young players with potential a chance to shine. The status quo is that our bottom 6 is dog shit. We must try and address it by letting our kids have a chance. If they falter, then we're going to be shit there anyway.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He's a 4C on this team, and isn't a good enough or valuable hockey player to be a 3C, especially not in playoff games. That reality is beyond obvious. He is the definition of a weak perimeter player. Maybe he would do a bit better on the wing. He is the definition of perimeter. He is not someone I want on this team because he does not help us win games in the playoffs.

It's not a hatred, it's looking at what he brings for the cost given our situation and I don't think he helps. I would prefer to put Holloway in his spot even, because I know Holloway at least has the potential to become a player that helps us win in the playoffs. Mcleod doesn't have that potential...and now he wants how much money? Let him walk, bring in a winger, and put Holloway or RNH back at C. That's the decision that has to be made.
So you make a definitive statement that McLeod "isnt a good enough or valuable enough hockey player".
Then you continue....
"He is not someone I want on this team because he does not help us win games in the playoffs.

Did you even watch the playoffs?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
First time since IDK when that the Oilers' bottom six hasn't been total dogshit and people want to replace the guys who made that happen with raw rookies, heat's making people crazy lol

duul

Jun 21, 2010
So you make a definitive statement that McLeod "isnt a good enough or valuable enough hockey player".
Then you continue....
"He is not someone I want on this team because he does not help us win games in the playoffs.

Did you even watch the playoffs?
Yes, I watched him score 0 goals and do very little. Now he wants how much to play here this season?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Zadina has proven himself to be an NHL player -- his metrics are great at 5v5. He is a significant + in terms of cf/ca at evens in the bottom 6. It's a no brainer to try and get him in here for a bottom 6 role if he can be had for the league min.
This flies in the face of why Detroit allowed him to leave for nothing, and no one took him for free, even teams with lots of cap space that are rebuilding.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
This flies in the face of why Detroit allowed him to leave for nothing, and no one took him for free, even teams with lots of cap space that are rebuilding.

Since 2018-019 5v5 beast Zadina has 16 goals and 26 assists while loser Ryan McLeod has 16 goals and 21 assists in three seasons.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
LA is a celebrity town and product of the latest and greatest. Everyone knows who the Kings are down there, and if the Kings get the 2nd best player in the world his face will be plastered everywhere. Either way, to say he wont go to LA is sticking your head into the sand up to your bellybutton.
When was the last time you were in LA? Hardly anyone in LA could name a single player from the kings.

Reactions: harpoon

duul

Jun 21, 2010
No it doesn't.
Since 2018-019 5v5 beast Zadina has 16 goals and 26 assists while loser Ryan McLeod has 16 goals and 21 assists in three seasons.
Nobody is claiming Zadina is BETTER than Mcleod, only that Mcleod is not worth the 2m+ we are going to have to sign him for if he does return. The point being that if we can get Zadina for 775k instead, you do that, save the cap for someone like Bouchard or bring in another player, and then move RNH or Holloway back to centre. Makes way more sense than paying a guy like Mcleod who isn't capable of scoring goals in a playoff atmosphere. At least with guys like Holloway they have a potential to do so.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
All of these wingers are interchangeable, including RNH back at top 6 wing with Holloway or someone else placing 3/4C.

Holloway can play full time NHL next year, he has to. Holland has stated as much that he will be playing the full season here. It's a guarantee.

Bourgault and Lavoie, one of them has to make the jump. It's as simple as that.

We don't use our bottom 6 anyway because it is horrendous, you're absolutely right. I agree with you completely. The only way our bottom 6 stops being atrocious is if we give our young players with potential a chance to shine. The status quo is that our bottom 6 is dog shit. We must try and address it by letting our kids have a chance. If they falter, then we're going to be shit there anyway.

"Making the jump" and simply playing in the NHL is quite a bit different than playing a top 6 role or a 3rd line wing role on a team that is supposed to be competing for a Stanley Cup.

Trotting out a bunch of rookies and unproven players in key roles and hoping for the best is how we torpedo any chance at a cup.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Shit like this thread is why no NHLer should be taking less for any reason, fans don't appreciate it and when it comes time for them to get paid they get nothing but bitched at and called selfish.

McLeod took basically a league minimum deal last year to help the team. He's not going to do it again. 2M for a 3C is the going rate.

I mean hell, among listed C's on CapFriendly, there are 4 guys tied for 87th in cap hit at 2 million.

It's not McLeod's fault that Motown Kenny can't manage a salary cap to save his life.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Pretty sure half this fanbase doesn't realize how good McLeods effectiveness was in several playoff rounds for us, including Vegas.

This dude is a growing 3rd line stud for us and could end up being as valuable as Shaw was for Chi. A 3rd line player who can't figure out the top 6...but slays in his role.

Seeing the let him walk posts is cringy tbh

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No it doesn't.

Nobody is claiming Zadina is BETTER than Mcleod, only that Mcleod is not worth the 2m+ we are going to have to sign him for if he does return. The point being that if we can get Zadina for 775k instead, you do that, save the cap for someone like Bouchard or bring in another player, and then move RNH or Holloway back to centre. Makes way more sense than paying a guy like Mcleod who isn't capable of scoring goals in a playoff atmosphere. At least with guys like Holloway they have a potential to do so.
This is bullshit.

He had more goals than any other bottom sixer in 21-22. Only five Oilers had more goals than he did during that playoff run.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes, I watched him score 0 goals and do very little. Now he wants how much to play here this season?
Well..he had 5 points in 12 games in a checking role.
A role in which he effectively checked one of the top centres in the game in Jack Eichel.

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad