Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
With the need for a 4C, there's still 3 names I'm targeting for that spot.

Oskar Sundqvist, 6'3" over 200lbs. RHC, he played the last couple years with the Wings (before being dealt to Minny at the deadline) Won a cup with STL. Oskar Sundqvist Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Tomas Nosek, 6'2" over 200lbs. Was the 4th line center for the Bruins for the last couple years. Originally signed by Holland and the Wings a few years back. Tomas Nosek Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Derek Grant, 6'3" over 200lbs. Played for the Ducks the last 3 years, had some really good results a year ago. Though only played 46 games, not sure of his health. Derek Grant Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Any of these guys would fit very well as the 4C, imo.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
With the need for a 4C, there's still 3 names I'm targeting for that spot.

Oskar Sundqvist, 6'3" over 200lbs. RHC, he played the last couple years with the Wings (before being dealt to Minny at the deadline) Won a cup with STL. Oskar Sundqvist Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Tomas Nosek, 6'2" over 200lbs. Was the 4th line center for the Bruins for the last couple years. Originally signed by Holland and the Wings a few years back. Tomas Nosek Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Derek Grant, 6'3" over 200lbs. Played for the Ducks the last 3 years, had some really good results a year ago. Though only played 46 games, not sure of his health. Derek Grant Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Any of these guys would fit very well as the 4C, imo.
I endorse this list Jimmy! Probably the order I'd have them in as well with Sundqvist right shooting option giving him a slight nod. Would really love a plus sized gritty veteran in the 4C slot.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Zadina is on the market. If he's willing to sign a league minimum and in Edmonton, do it

I endorse this list Jimmy! Probably the order I'd have them in as well with Sundqvist right shooting option giving him a slight nod. Would really love a plus sized gritty veteran in the 4C slot.
I've been a fan of Sundquist for a few years, he was just too expensive to fit

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Until they actually live there and realize what a complete shit hole it is. LA has nice weather going for it. That’s about it.

Many places in the US are shitholes if you're poor or middle class these days. You have to consider NHL locations from the perspective of a wealthy person, because Columbus, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Detroit as a non-wealthy person? Yuck.

If you're wealthy, LA's surrounding are is one of the best places in the world to live if you like the weather. I can tell you no hockey players are complaining about living in Manhattan Beach, Sherman Oaks, Beverley Hills, etc. But if it came down to choosing between living in Edmonton or LA as a person who makes less than $250k, that's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Edit to include an on-topic point: I think the signing of PLD should put the weird rumor/suggestions (Bob Stauffer) to bed about Draisaitl signing in LA. I won't be comfortable until he and McDavid sign their next contracts in Edmonton, but I think it's way more likely than not they both re-sign in Edmonton.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Did you miss the part were Draisaitl girlfriend is an actor, and ohh i dunno Hollywood could be a spot were actors live. Just a hunch....

Wasn't there some fellow can't think of his name that married an actress in the late 80s that was sent to LA as welll???
This is such a stupid post lmfaooo

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I've been a fan of Sundquist for a few years, he was just too expensive to fit
Ya, agreed. I remember looking at him at trade deadline including his salary numbers. Forget how well paid he was. Hard to see him taking an extreme value deal north of the border. But 2 Cups, size, face-off ability, and a hard, responsible game would really fit this team's fundamental need to improve its goal suppression.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ya, agreed. I remember looking at him at trade deadline including his salary numbers. Forget how well paid he was. Hard to see him taking an extreme value deal north of the border. But 2 Cups, size, face-off ability, and a hard, responsible game would really fit this team's fundamental need to improve its goal suppression.
Agreed, but it will depend on what's out there. If this is a chance to win, might be worth it to up his "stock" for next offseason.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Did you miss the part were Draisaitl girlfriend is an actor, and ohh i dunno Hollywood could be a spot were actors live. Just a hunch....

Wasn't there some fellow can't think of his name that married an actress in the late 80s that was sent to LA as welll???

Hollywood is a very different place now, I know people who have been in movies shot in LA from Alberta too, it's not that big of a deal.

Her career has never really taken off, as is the case with most actors (no shame in that). The idea of the movie star in and of itself is basically growing extinct, it's a different market these days.

The other big difference is she's Canadian, not American.

Reactions: soothsayer

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Pick up Zadina and let Mcleod walk. f*** it.

Kane-McDavid-Brown
Holloway-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-RNH-Bourgault
Janmark-Ryan-Zadina

Honestly looks great. Zadina is a proven great 5v5 player and our 4th line barely plays anyway. Him and Bourgault and Lavoie can battle for the least two important roles on the team.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Kane-McDavid-Brown
Holloway-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-RNH-Bourgault
Janmark-Ryan-Zadina

Honestly looks great. Zadina is a proven great 5v5 player and our 4th line barely plays anyway. Him and Bourgault and Lavoie can battle for the least two important roles on the team.

That's horrible for about a half dozen reasons.

- Assuming Holloway will seamlessly fit in the top 6 is a big leap

- Assuming Borgault can play in the NHL full time is a big leap

- Assuming Zadina is even an NHL player is a big leap

- Ryan is better on the wing than centre

- The bottom 6 is horrendous even as shown here, but even worse if RNH has to go up to the top 6 if Holloway doesn't work

This brings me back to 19-20 era Oilers where we were throwing shit against the wall up front to see what sticks. Just no.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Kane-McDavid-Brown
Holloway-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-RNH-Bourgault
Janmark-Ryan-Zadina

You're hatred of McLeod is just stupid. I get it, you want him to be Zach Kassian, but McLeod is good at hockey, so that makes him more helpful. Not hard to figure out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I keep staring at the Sabres as a landing spot for Campbell. I don't think they would take him straight up, but @$3M with some assets.

Campbell ($2M retained), Savoie and Neimo for Brett Murray.

Then go either sign Martin Jones or make a trade for a cheaper guy (Logan Thompson)

Then the team has a bit more flexibility to make improvements elsewhere.

$2M of dead cap isn't great, but it's better than the buyout.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

She's an actress that mostly does those cheesy made for tv Hallmark type movies. The majority of those are filmed in Canada anyways. Besides, she's Canadian herself, so she may not be itching to go to Hollywood

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
She's an actress that mostly does those cheesy made for tv Hallmark type movies. The majority of those are filmed in Canada anyways. Besides, she's Canadian herself, so she may not be itching to go to Hollywood

Maybe her goal is to do better than being in the cheesy made for TV Hallmark type movies filmed in Canada and her being partnered with LA's best player and one of the best in the world opens a few doors for her.

Just because she is Canadian doesn't mean she doesn't want to advance her career like say Ryan Reynolds, Seth Rogan, Jim Carrey, Michael J Fox, Ryan Gosling, or a host of other Canadian actors.

Either way, where Draisaitl ends up may depend a lot on where his better half wants to be and last time I checked, if your a young mega millionaire couple and one of you is in the acting business, LA is pretty much the best landing spot there is and you can afford to insulate yourself quite nicely from the homelessness and drug problems there.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Maybe her goal is to do better than being in the cheesy made for TV Hallmark type movies filmed in Canada and her being partnered with LA's best player and one of the best in the world opens a few doors for her.

Just because she is Canadian doesn't mean she doesn't want to advance her career like say Ryan Reynolds, Seth Rogan, Jim Carrey, Michael J Fox, Ryan Gosling, or a host of other Canadian actors.

Either way, where Draisaitl ends up may depend a lot on where his better half wants to be and last time I checked, if your a young mega millionaire couple and one of you is in the acting business, LA is pretty much the best landing spot there is and you can afford to insulate yourself quite nicely from the homelessness and drug problems there.
Yep. Exhibit A and B being Wayne and Ryan Miller (to Anaheim). It’s happened before. It will happen again. Heck even if your spouse isn’t an actress, if she doesn’t like the location shes living, she may force the issue (Mrs Pronger).

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Sure opened up a lot of doors for Janet Gretzky. Oh yeah, her only real gig after the trade was Playboy.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

90% of LA won’t even know who Draisaitl is.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

If you're serious about acting then you need to live in LA or be readily available at a moments notice. A friend of mine growing up was starting to get co starring roles in various TV series and lower budget movies but had to move to northern California after getting married. After that he got zero roles since he wasn't readily available anymore.

That being said I doubt Draisaitl signs with another team and will probably be an Oiler for his career.

North

Jun 25, 2009

To be fair being in LA doesn’t guarantee any sort of career for her though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
To be fair being in LA doesn’t guarantee any sort of career for her though.

It doesn't but there are a lot more doors to be opened there than up here.

If you're serious about acting then you need to live in LA or be readily available at a moments notice. A friend of mine growing up was starting to get co starring roles in various TV series and lower budget movies but had to move to northern California after getting married. After that he got zero roles since he wasn't readily available anymore.

That being said I doubt Draisaitl signs with another team and will probably be an Oiler for his career.

I remember the halcyon days when we had Gretzky. Everyone thought he was an Oiler for life and while it was Peter Puck who traded him to bail out his sagging financial fortunes, it solidified the fact that hockey was now 100% a business ever since that day.

I hope Draisaitl doesn't go anywhere but I wouldn't bet one nickel on it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
90% of LA won’t even know who Draisaitl is.

LA is a celebrity town and product of the latest and greatest. Everyone knows who the Kings are down there, and if the Kings get the 2nd best player in the world his face will be plastered everywhere. Either way, to say he wont go to LA is sticking your head into the sand up to your bellybutton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad