Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm supposed to believe that the Kings try to break Leon's leg, we beat them 2 years in a row in the playoffs, and he is leaving here to join a division rival? That sounds basically like the opposite of the type of person he is. Unless the girlfriend says this is the only place I will live this is never happening. And even then, get a new girlfriend, lots of options, ha.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sure opened up a lot of doors for Janet Gretzky. Oh yeah, her only real gig after the trade was Playboy.

Gretzky wasn't traded because of Janet. He was traded because Pocklington needed fast cash.

Either way, Gretzky was no longer an Oiler.

I am not saying he WILL leave but to say he WONT is stupid.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Gretzky wasn't traded because of Janet. He was traded because Pocklington needed fast cash.

They would be pretty stupid to leave for her career when he’s the second best player in the league and could go literally anywhere and she’s likely to be going from bit role to bit role in an acting market where 99% of hopefuls don’t do anything with their “talent"

Last edited:
Reactions: soothsayer

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Leon? Being a handsome German Superstar does more than any location could. If Leon wants to go to LA, he'll go to LA. I'm sure he has NO shortage of contacts for things outside of Hockey.

Talking about his GF. Of course it does but if your married / in a long term relationship and a team in LA just offered you $12-14 million x 7 (or 8 in a sign and trade) and your actor wife / GF sees acting opportunities there and says "but its your decision honey", dont be so naive to think he might not make the move.

Either way it's classic Oilerfan niavitee (sp?) to think Leon is an Oiler for life.

They would be pretty stupid to leave for her career when he’s the second best player in the league and could go literally anywhere and she’s likely to be going from but role to bit role in an acting market where 99% of hopefuls don’t do anything with their “talent”

Lets hope they aren't as stupid as you think that is.

Reactions: Anarchism

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
In any case, we probably have enough of this toxic “when are they leaving” stuff between the media and fans of rival teams, probably don’t need much of this sky is falling kind of stuff here

How many star players have gone to LA in 40 years or whatever because of their spouses mediocre acting “career”? 2?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Talking about his GF. Of course it does but if your married / in a long term relationship and a team in LA just offered you $12-14 million x 7 (or 8 in a sign and trade) and your actor wife / GF sees acting opportunities there and says "but its your decision honey", dont be so naive to think he might not make the move.

Either way it's classic Oilerfan niavitee (sp?) to think Leon is an Oiler for life.
Not really, it's classic "acting like it's 1993 and not 2023"

If Leon's GF/Spouse/Wife/Waifu/etc is an actress, she'll find work. It's not difficult.

Also, if LEON wants to be an Oiler for life and they want him to be an Oiler for life, a funny thing might just happen.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not really, it's classic "acting like it's 1993 and not 2023"

If Leon's GF/Spouse/Wife/Waifu/etc is an actress, she'll find work. It's not difficult.

Also, if LEON wants to be an Oiler for life and they want him to be an Oiler for life, a funny thing might just happen.

In 2023 hockey is more a business than it ever was in 1993, actually it was 1989.

Not saying his GF will be the deciding factor but its not out of the question it wont play a factor either and to dismiss it completely is naive.

Let's hope he wants to be an Oiler for life, I sure do. I lived through a complete dismantling of the team, dont want to be around for another one.

He was sold, don't f***ing leave that out.

I said that, don't f***ing leave that out.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What did I miss about Drai and his GF and ppl saying he wants to play in LA? DO I need to scroll a dozen pages back to figure it out..

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I keep staring at the Sabres as a landing spot for Campbell. I don't think they would take him straight up, but @$3M with some assets.

Campbell ($2M retained), Savoie and Neimo for Brett Murray.

Then go either sign Martin Jones or make a trade for a cheaper guy (Logan Thompson)

Then the team has a bit more flexibility to make improvements elsewhere.

$2M of dead cap isn't great, but it's better than the buyout.

Sabres probably dont want an anchor when they are up and coming.

I wonder if Winnipeg could be an option when Hellebuyck moves.

That being said. 99% sure Campbell is planning on starting with the Oilers. Hopefully he has a better year.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

If current day Katz was the owner during the 80s then none of our star players would have gotten traded. Pocklington cared about money over anything else.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If current day Katz was the owner during the 80s then none of our star players would have gotten traded. Pocklington cared about money over anything else.
Pocklington cared about money because he was a mere millionaire that was leveraged to the hilt. The Gainers situation destabilized his "empire" that was being held together by gum and twine so he decided to sell Gretzky, his most valuable liquid asset.

Katz is a billionaire that does this for fun and has a significantly greater ability to absorb losses across his portfolio.

Reactions: RegDunlop and frag2

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
We didn't win anything last season because of glaring holes in our lineup and stubborn coaching. In the meanwhile after the draft and 4 days of free agency we have only improved in 1 of those areas and that's 1st or 2nd line RW. We downgraded down the middle from when we last played by losing Bjugstad, we lost toughness and a quality depth player in Kostin and we haven't upgraded in goal or on D.

Out: Bjugstad, Kostin, Yamamoto
In: Brown, Holloway, Lavoie?

I don't doubt that Bown is a sizeable upgrade on Yamamoto, but unless Holloway steps in and chips in more than Kostin did offensively to offset the loss of toughness from Kostin that could be a downgrade and then we have Lavoie who is a major wild card. Not nearly good enough for a team trying to make a push and be all in after the Brown contract structure.
You don’t win the cup in July.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
The Draisaitl thing impacted big time by results in coming playoffs.

You don’t win the cup in July.
I would beg to differ and can show repeatedly where the cup was won in July.
However this summer is a bit different an the cup can be won in August or September or later.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
As soon I saw the 2 year Kopitar deal this was the first though in my mind. I still think he has eyes on the big apple.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Our top two are more likely to leave if we win a cup if you ask me as opposed to not yet winning one.

In any case the team needs to be thinking about that right now not when it is staring us in the face. Unfortunately Holland is running as a lame duck type gm and he only cares about this, his last year.

Also the GM leaving, that being holland should not get much say in who the next guy is if any. This being the dumbass oilers with a dumbass owner and a team president that is a joke they will for sure let him pick a successor.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Probably the most insecure fanbase on this site. Only surprising part is we're talking Leon to LA instead of Calgary. They'll have more cap by the time he's a UFA.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
LA is a celebrity town and product of the latest and greatest. Everyone knows who the Kings are down there, and if the Kings get the 2nd best player in the world his face will be plastered everywhere. Either way, to say he wont go to LA is sticking your head into the sand up to your bellybutton.
Everyone knows who the kings are down there but no one watches them.

I should say it’s absolutely a possibility he goes there. Edmonton isn’t exactly paradise.

(I think he stays here though)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad