Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yup I am happy too. That'd be a MacT move TBH.

Adding a 26 year old top4 RHD is a MacT move? When did he do that and where is that player now? The only 26 year old top4 RHD MacT had anything to do with was a guy who is now playing for the Montreal Canadiens. Adding Bogosian would the opposite of a MacT move.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Adding a 26 year old top4 RHD is a MacT move? When did he do that and where is that player now? The only 26 year old top4 RHD MacT had anything to do with was a guy who is now playing for the Montreal Canadiens. Adding Bogosian would the opposite of a MacT move.

I think he meant giving up the 4th overall pick in a deal for Bogosian is a Mac-T move. I think I mostly agree.

I'm reminded of last year when I think about the pink panty panic over value, Remember when Cam Talbot was going to cost a 1st +? Exactly.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think he meant giving up the 4th overall pick in a deal for Bogosian is a Mac-T move. I think I mostly agree.

I'm reminded of last year when I think about the pink panty panic over value, Remember when Cam Talbot was going to cost a 1st +? Exactly.

If it's 4th overall for 8th overall + Bogo that's a very good move. 4th overall straight across for Bogo? Hell no.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If it's 4th overall for 8th overall + Bogo that's a very good move. 4th overall straight across for Bogo? Hell no.

I guess it's a good move, big difference between 4 & 8 in this draft (it seems) and it's my guess the Oilers want better value.

I "infer" from Stauffer's tweet that Buffalo has offered something like Bogo & something(maybe #8) for #4, but the Oilers don't like the value.

Again there is a worry about his consistent Health, plus one might wonder where he is on a development curve, which is why the Oilers might not see the value.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

As Jimmi said, it's the fact we went for a guy who hasn't tracked very well for a Top 2 dman and looks to be just a good Top 4 Dman. That's what I mean as a MacT move. Only going for the lowest option and overpay while doing it.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

Not a top 4 Dman

North

Jun 25, 2009

Not if you watch Bogosian a lot. Which is not possible because he's hurt all the time.

He isn't very good defensively either. He's all tools and no tool box.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
As Jimmi said, it's the fact we went for a guy who hasn't tracked very well for a Top 2 dman and looks to be just a good Top 4 Dman. That's what I mean as a MacT move. Only going for the lowest option and overpay while doing it.

Moving down 4 spots in a draft for a top4 d-man is an overpayment? Okay.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Don't go near Bogosian.

We need Faulk. Play him with a defensively sound player like Davidson and they will handle everything thrown at them.

Let Klefbom be creative and give him a defensive minded partner like Fayne.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Don't go near Bogosian.

We need Faulk. Play him with a defensively sound player like Davidson and they will handle everything thrown at them.

Don't go near Faulk.

We need Doughty.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think people are wary of Bogo due to his less than stellar health record. I'd be down with acquiring 8th+Bogo if the 4th isn't Jesse P.

It's not just his health, maybe his development might be closer to done (for lack of better term) then they might not see the value and that the player might not have the impact they want.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Don't go near Bogosian.

Faulk would be great, and probably good to move on from Fayne

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Moving down 4 spots in a draft for a top4 d-man is an overpayment? Okay.

Your view of Bogosian is a lot different than a lot of people here on HF. He's not worth the risk. I've been hearing the same thing about him having the toolbox but no tools. He's not smart with the puck. I'd rather have Petry than Bogosian TBH.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think people are wary of Bogo due to his less than stellar health record. I'd be down with acquiring 8th+Bogo if the 4th isn't Jesse P.

The problem is health and the fact that he's not very good.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Your view of Bogosian is a lot different than a lot of people here on HF. He's not worth the risk. I've been hearing the same thing about him having the toolbox but no tools. He's not smart with the puck. I'd rather have Petry than Bogosian TBH.

So which defenseman are you going to get then? Is it better to give up RNH/Eberle for a marginally better defenseman than Bogo instead of just moving down 4 spots?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Faulk would be great, and probably good to move on from Fayne

I wouldn't mind moving Fayne if we can find another RHD to replace him. We need a steady veteran RHD who is capable of more than Fayne/Gryba.

Not Bogosian. Too many health risks. Too pricy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad