Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They don't get this benefit of the doubt from me anymore. It's now 50+ games into the season and this is what? The 3rd time they've flirted with actually getting into the top 3 of the division, only to shit their pants and decide that getting close was good enough and falling apart in the following 4-5 games?

They can f*** right off with that. You are top 3 in the division when you are there and there for more than a few days. "Almost" doesn't count.

These players are a dime a dozen ... Jake Virtanen would have 5 goals if the Oilers put him into the actual lineup time with the same time Jesse gets. Sonny Milano could've been had for nothing and would have more than 5 goals.

Derek Ryan is outplaying Puljujarvi for a top 6 spot. That's f***ing sad.

If you don't move Puljujarvi at this deadline you also cripple any kind of move your can make.

If that's the "plan" Holland is a f***ing dumbass. Frankly the more I think about it last year really was his stupid ass getting bailed out by the hockey gods, the entire Kane situation was a million to one fluke that basically fell into his lap and he was bidding against no one because Kane's ex-wife is crazy and went on a massive smear campaign that scared off everyone else.
Okay but how does that make us on the brink of losing our spot. For us to fall out Calgary needs to win 4 games in a row and we have to lose 4. For us to get in to the top 3, we have to win 1 and Seattle had to lose one.

I predict a 3 x 1.5M deal for Pulju, Also Yamamoto gets dealt away to make room for P. Kane. Must be my lucky day :cheers:
I predict Yamamoto is kept and Pulju is traded with a 3rd for a 4th

Reactions: frag2 and McBooya42

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They don't get this benefit of the doubt from me anymore. It's now 50+ games into the season and this is what? The 3rd time they've flirted with actually getting into the top 3 of the division, only to shit their pants and decide that getting close was good enough and falling apart in the following 4-5 games?

They can f*** right off with that. You are top 3 in the division when you are there and there for more than a few days. "Almost" doesn't count.

These players are a dime a dozen ... Jake Virtanen would have 5 goals if the Oilers put him into the actual lineup time with the same time Jesse gets. Sonny Milano could've been had for nothing and would have more than 5 goals.

Derek Ryan is outplaying Puljujarvi for a top 6 spot. That's f***ing sad.

If you don't move Puljujarvi at this deadline you also cripple any kind of move your can make.

If that's the "plan" Holland is a f***ing dumbass. Frankly the more I think about it last year really was his stupid ass getting bailed out by the hockey gods, the entire Kane situation was a million to one fluke that basically fell into his lap and he was bidding against no one because Kane's ex-wife is crazy and went on a massive smear campaign that scared off everyone else.
Derek Ryan EV is outplaying most of the club. Deserves to be said.

Hollands mistake was giving Yama 2 yrs. There was no reason to do that. Ryan Murray for sure was a WTF moment. Every GM has some do overs that they would like back. yama was in multiple times concussion protocol and had multiple severe concussions even before signing this contract. The likelihood that this scenario would go well for a tiny player that gets rag dolled around the rink was slim to none. It was giving money away to a player with likely injury problems that wouldn't even be available a lot of nights..

I can't say Nurse contract as I was wrong on that one too.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think Holland really respects Desharnais that much anyway ... it wasn't his idea to bring him up, it was Woodcroft's call apparently because Woodcroft knows him from Bakersfield and Holland had nothing to do with drafting this player so he's not "one of his guys".

So he probably views him as a non-essential piece and thinks his golden boy Broberg is the straw that stirs the drink in terms of the Oilers defensive improvement. He's not, and he's looked terrible the last two games.
Man...🤣 when did Holland piss in your corn flakes?

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Hollands mistake was giving Yama 2 yrs. There was no reason to do that. Ryan Murray for sure was a WTF moment. Every GM has some do overs that they would like back. yama was in multiple times concussion protocol and had multiple severe concussions even before signing this contract. The likelihood that this scenario would go well for a tiny player that gets rag dolled around the rink was slim to none. It was giving money away to a player with likely injury problems that wouldn't even be available a lot of nights..
Even Yamamoto himself told the press he was pushing for more term than two years. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he had some post-concussion symptoms even when signing the contract, but wisely kept it quiet.

Maybe the team trading for Jesse wants a reasonably priced extension from him the moment he’s traded for?
Yep, that's the most obvious reason for an extension right there.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
It was brutal, yea.

Draisaitl just doesn't have it this year. I am assuming his leg is completely f***ed. He's playing the same way he did in the playoffs after his injury. Can't skate at all.
I hope somebody Slewfoots Mikey Prick Anderson into oblivion and he feels a lot of pain for a long time

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I've never really thought about it, but I don't hate the idea of extending Jesse at a low cap hit...if both Jesse and the team are able to accept what he is at this point...a really good 4th liner, or a good third that can slide up for short periods of time. Theres only 2 problems right now, 1) people need to forget where he was drafted...the guy just doesn't have the mits to be a top 6 player, Jesse has the puck handling of a junior player. 2) he's clearly not worth 3 mil, but if the team extended him for 2 years at 900k? If he was even willing to accept that? Ya, I'll take a flyer

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I don't think Holland really respects Desharnais that much anyway ... it wasn't his idea to bring him up, it was Woodcroft's call apparently because Woodcroft knows him from Bakersfield and Holland had nothing to do with drafting this player so he's not "one of his guys".

So he probably views him as a non-essential piece and thinks his golden boy Broberg is the straw that stirs the drink in terms of the Oilers defensive improvement. He's not, and he's looked terrible the last two games.
This is quite possibly the dumbest post you've ever made.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

This is a joke right?

Jesse has played 5 seasons. Played a bit of one and wasn't here at all for another.

Still the player is 24 and is a large forward and they can often take longer to start finding some traction. Jesse at attractive price is still a good player to have around. if the price is right its better than the typical shit the team gets for bottomsix. Jesse wasn't exactly a problem last night either. +1, had an assist, and was one of the few forwards banging. Nice move on the backhand as well trying to get one in.
JP sucks. Enough.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
I've never really thought about it, but I don't hate the idea of extending Jesse at a low cap hit...if both Jesse and the team are able to accept what he is at this point...a really good 4th liner, or a good third that can slide up for short periods of time. Theres only 2 problems right now, 1) people need to forget where he was drafted...the guy just doesn't have the mits to be a top 6 player, Jesse has the puck handling of a junior player. 2) he's clearly not worth 3 mil, but if the team extended him for 2 years at 900k? If he was even willing to accept that? Ya, I'll take a flyer
Jesse's agent is probably negotiating the list of teams added to the no-movement clause right now :laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Even Yamamoto himself told the press he was pushing for more term than two years. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he had some post-concussion symptoms even when signing the contract, but wisely kept it quiet.

Yep, that's the most obvious reason for an extension right there.
Just not a good prognosis for a tiny player. It never was. But once concussions started to pile up it was best to move on. Get something for him if you could. People here know I would never even have drafted the player. Yams is an oddity at this level. He doesn't have elite skill, most tiny players at this level have elite skills to compensate for their lack of size. Instead Yams has this kind of tenacity that he brings some of the time and is completely ineffectual when he's not healthy enough to even be bringing that. The amount of honey badger references has fallen right off the deep end. This year he looks like a ferret locked in a cage. Poor ferret.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

This is a joke right?

JP sucks. Enough.

I don't buy that those talks went anywhere. It's probably from the Oilers' side to see if he is interested in staying on as an appropriately paid bottom 6 player. Holland could (politely?) reference that there is almost 0% interest in a trade for his services so why not get some security and stay on in the NHL rather than go to another team in the off-season for league minimum and likely wash out later when he continues to show his offensive skills are better suited for the Finnish / Swiss / Swedish leagues etc

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jesse has played 5 seasons. Played a bit of one and wasn't here at all for another.

Still the player is 24 and is a large forward and they can often take longer to start finding some traction. Jesse at attractive price is still a good player to have around. if the price is right its better than the typical shit the team gets for bottomsix. Jesse wasn't exactly a problem last night either. +1, had an assist, and was one of the few forwards banging. Nice move on the backhand as well trying to get one in.
I haven't been on his side in quite a while and I still see how much his contract limits the team's ability to add at the deadline unless there's more interest in a guy like Foegele. But if he's willing to leave money on the table, you can't ignore the fact that he's adjusted the focus of his game this season.

And from a strict asset perspective, he's exactly the type of player that teams value as a depth add. Color me shocked that it's an option though. I'll believe it when I see it.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Meh I would like Ky, JP, and foegele if they had cap hits of sub 1.5M.

That would literally let us add a 4.5M player or you know ice a full lineup.

Basically we just can’t afford to overpay any depth player with how too heavy we are. We need cheap players who outperform their contracts

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

This is a joke right?

JP sucks. Enough.

I will happily buy a #97 jersey for whatever team Connor demands a trade to after forcing a trade should Holland opt to EXTEND Puljujarvi over making literally any other move to improve the roster. This franchise is not a clown show, it’s the whole f***ing circus.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
pfft. last 4 games Jess has a nice goal and an assist. Continues to lead the team in hits and banging last night.

Meh. If he wants to re-sign for around $1M for a couple years or so, great. Otherwise, his cap hit needs to be gone, pronto. I’m hoping it’s the latter so they can stop running a short handed roster

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I haven't been on his side in quite a while and I still see how much his contract limits the team's ability to add at the deadline unless there's more interest in a guy like Foegele. But if he's willing to leave money on the table, you can't ignore the fact that he's adjusted the focus of his game this season.

And from a strict asset perspective, he's exactly the type of player that teams value as a depth add. Color me shocked that it's an option though. I'll believe it when I see it.
This is true. At this point between him and Yamo if you have to clear capspace and JP would reup at a much reduced price then that’s the direction you go. Problem is Yamo is hard to move given his conc history, size and second year if his deal. For sure I’d keep JP over Foegle as well, again assuming reduced cost. I’ve been on the move JP movement because I thought that he was probably the easiest move for lowest cost.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Yamo could be 90% replaced by Hamblin

Jesse? Not so much.

Smart of Holland to be considering resigning him. Get a couple years at a cheap price and Jesse will have a new lease on life. I would keep Foegele over Yamo too.

Im assuming Kostin is back for next game? Probably why Holland didn't call anyone up.........

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

You never know and what takes place outside a rink is often changing what the player accepts. Clearly he's accepted the role player thing or wouldn't be leading the team in hits and having 2 fights. Fighting is so far out of his comfort zone and yet he's even signed up for that.

I'm posting btw on a board that had prematurely concluded that Pulju would NEVER take on a role player Cogliano type role. Yet thats just what he's done.

Something as little as having a spouse and maybe considering family and kid life and well growing up offers different viewpoints. Jesse can make more here on a budget contract than he likely would in Europe. Can't go into it here but Europe prospects might be less attractive in the moment. For all we know Jesse has slowly settled in here. His first stint here he was really missing home and seemed pretty sad about it. People forget how young these guys are. Jesse made a lot of mistakes when he was 20, 21. Most people do. Most of those people are even while having family support right around them. Jesse was a lost pup out here for a longtime. But if this guy ever feels truly part of things here and starts getting some confidence back he can be really good value.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Meh. If he wants to re-sign for around $1M for a couple years or so, great. Otherwise, his cap hit needs to be gone, pronto. I’m hoping it’s the latter so they can stop running a short handed roster
Would you say no to 1.5M, 1.75M?

I don't know that we get a young player that still has upside for 1M. Not confident either that we get anything better in replacement for the kind of price. Jesse's production problems this season put him on firesale to the club which isn't the worst thing. Chances are he'll bang a dozen or more goals even next season. While playing bottomsix. We could do a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad