Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He happens to have a magic flu right when the team has to activate Yamamoto? How many times do we see a player miss 3 consecutive games because of the flu? 1 or 2 ok, but 3? Really? I think he had it but right now they're activating him for stupid cap reasons because they won't let Puljujarvi go.

Who needs our best possible D config, I'm sure Colorado will eventually just get tired of beating our ass, 7 wins in a row, c'mon guys get bored of eating Nurse/Ceci/Bouchard/Barrie/Kulak alive.
The tinfoil hat, too. The flu can knock people out for a month in some cases.

Keeping Puljujarvi also makes sense from a trade perspective because he's the easiest salary to move in a deal because it doesn't have any term left. If other teams want us to pay to get rid of him, he's not hurting the team being here.

Did you watch the game last night? He made more of an impact than the vast majority of the team. You're complaining about the 7th defenseman.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pissing away points when you're not even in a top 3 divisional position and have been in reality a wild card team for most of the year so you can wind down the clock right until the end of the trade deadline and maybe have a 5% chance of squeezing a team for a 4th round pick instead of a 5th round pick for Puljujarvi is peak Oilers management stupid.

Holland was willing to flush last season by letting it basically get down right to the brink and waste multiple weeks in dithering on firing Tippett, we know how he operates. He got lucky all the stars aligned for him, but if one or two things went wrong he would've been screwed.

Reactions: Echodek

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The tinfoil hat, too. The flu can knock people out for a month in some cases.

Keeping Puljujarvi also makes sense from a trade perspective because he's the easiest salary to move in a deal because it doesn't have any term left. If other teams want us to pay to get rid of him, he's not hurting the team being here.

Did you watch the game last night? He made more of an impact than the vast majority of the team. You're complaining about the 7th defenseman.
You are delusional if you think JP contributes even close to what Deharnais does.

Tin foil hat? The organization never said he was sent down because he was sick. That’s speculation correct? He could be healthy now no?

A month flu. Yeah I’m sure that’s what it is. That happens all the time.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You are delusional if you think JP contributes even close to what Deharnais does.

A month flu. Yeah I’m sure that’s what it is. That happens all the time.

I've watched the Oilers since like literally the 1980s, like actual Gretzky era. I don't think I've ever heard of an Oiler player missing 3 consecutive games due to the flu.

2 tops.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As fun as Patrick Kane would be, I don't know how anyone watches those last 2 games and thinks "this team coukd use even more offense. Maybe someone who isn't great defensively!"

A high end dman with term, preferably Karlsson, has to remain the focus here
I see what you're saying with Kane, but having a rotation of Yamo, foegele, Janmark, Puljujarvi, etc, being not good enough for the top-6 is also a problem

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think Holland really respects Desharnais that much anyway ... it wasn't his idea to bring him up, it was Woodcroft's call apparently because Woodcroft knows him from Bakersfield and Holland had nothing to do with drafting this player so he's not "one of his guys".

So he probably views him as a non-essential piece and thinks his golden boy Broberg is the straw that stirs the drink in terms of the Oilers defensive improvement. He's not, and he's looked terrible the last two games.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I've watched the Oilers since like literally the 1980s, like actual Gretzky era. I don't think I've ever heard of an Oiler player missing 3 consecutive games due to the flu.

2 tops.
I’m not even saying he’s for sure not sick. I’m saying that it could be some excuse people have conjured up why he’s not in the lineup. In reality he could be good to go against Colorado.

Holland has some history of not wanting to be that mean guy. Waiving Foegs or Jp is a a lot more difficult than just sending the new guy down.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can Holland not put JP on waivers and see if one of the also rans take a flyer on him? If I'm Phoenix or Anaheim for example, it costs me nothing, and doesn't put any huge cap restraints on me. And I get a nice 25 game test drive on some guy that might unlock some kind of latent potential. If it doesn't work out, who cares. I think it would be worth a try, and then at least you don't have to give up some assets to get rid of him. Unless Holland thinks he's incredibly valuable as a trade chip.:huh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Can Holland not put JP on waivers and see if one of the also rans take a flyer on him? If I'm Phoenix or Anaheim for example, it costs me nothing, and doesn't put any huge cap restraints on me. And I get a nice 25 game test drive on some guy that might unlock some kind of latent potential. If it doesn't work out, who cares. I think it would be worth a try, and then at least you don't have to give up some assets to get rid of him. Unless Holland thinks he's incredibly valuable as a trade chip.:huh:

No, Holland has decreed "we must get something for Puljujarvi", icing the best possible roster when we're sitting vulnerable in only a wild card spot be damned.

Need to drag this straight to game 60 or whatever.

Every time we make a mistake signing/trade wise, we must let it fester and boil over to its maximum win-crippling end, we can never be proactive and deal with situations like this in a timely fashion like a normal pro sports franchise would.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
All the talk was he was probably going on waivers than didn’t. So it appears he is probably working on a deal including him and waiving him or losing someone to waivers probably messes that up.

Based on everything he has said in the past running a roster this tight is not something he would choose to do if he didn’t have a plan.

Now is the possible trade any good? Knowing Holland probably not. But I’m the situation makes sense logically with how Holland operates.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
All the talk was he was probably going on waivers than didn’t. So it appears he is probably working on a deal including him and waiving him or losing someone to waivers probably messes that up.

Based on everything he has said in the past running a roster this tight is not something he would choose to do if he didn’t have a plan.

Now is the possible trade any good? Knowing Holland probably not. But I’m the situation makes sense logically with how Holland operates.
Also the possibility of an extension reported by CJ on SDPN

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

2 tops.
Some sicknesses are a bit different these days though. The normal flu bug wasn't a huge deal. For nearly everyone, usually a chest cough and fever. With Covid and it's cousins, it now has the potential to be much more severe and potentially deadly. I would expect the same kind of results from stomach flu's etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It hasn't worked with Jesse for 7 years, but I'm sure the 8th year would totally work out.

Maybe Connor will actually get himself suspended one of these days when he snaps and literally strangles the guy on the bench for going offside like a dummy for the 80,00000000th time.

• Haha
Reactions: Messrules11

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
This is the last thing I would have guessed in regards to the JP situation.
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Chris Johnston just reported that the Oilers have discussed the possibility of extending Puljujarvi at a low cap hit. He is not sure if these discussion led anywhere. Also, the Oilers have expressed interest in P. Kane.
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah lets cripple any cap flexibility we might have at the deadline because we want to bring back Jesse "On Pace For 7 goals" Puljujarvi.

Lucic could score about the same too.

f*** your patience Holland, the only reason you didn't get your stupid ass fired last year is because Anna Kane is a nut job that gifted the Oilers a free 35+ goal scorer that no one else would touch due to PR optics.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Chris Johnston just reported that the Oilers have discussed the possibility of extending Puljujarvi at a low cap hit. He is not sure if these discussion led anywhere. Also, the Oilers have expressed interest in P. Kane.
I don’t believe it. Guy gets less and less minutes all the time.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No idea, but if he was assigned he has to report and play if healthy.
He isn’t mentioned in the game preview even though Holloway is for what it’s worth.

They're also on the brink of being 1st in the division. Does that mean everyone above them is on the brink of being out of a playoff spot?
1676750961761.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It hasn't worked with Jesse for 7 years, but I'm sure the 8th year would totally work out.

Maybe Connor will actually get himself suspended one of these days when he snaps and literally strangles the guy on the bench for going offside like a dummy for the 80,00000000th time.
Jesse has played 5 seasons. Played a bit of one and wasn't here at all for another.

Still the player is 24 and is a large forward and they can often take longer to start finding some traction. Jesse at attractive price is still a good player to have around. if the price is right its better than the typical shit the team gets for bottomsix. Jesse wasn't exactly a problem last night either. +1, had an assist, and was one of the few forwards banging. Nice move on the backhand as well trying to get one in.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They're also on the brink of being 1st in the division. Does that mean everyone above them is on the brink of being out of a playoff spot?

They don't get this benefit of the doubt from me anymore. It's now 50+ games into the season and this is what? The 3rd time they've flirted with actually getting into the top 3 of the division, only to shit their pants and decide that getting close was good enough and falling apart in the following 4-5 games?

They can f*** right off with that. You are top 3 in the division when you are there and there for more than a few days. "Almost" doesn't count.

Jesse has played 5 seasons. Played a bit of one and wasn't here at all for another.

Still the player is 24 and is a large forward and they can often take longer to start finding some traction. Jesse at attractive price is still a good player to have around. if the price is right its better than the typical shit the team gets for bottomsix. Jesse wasn't exactly a problem last night either. +1, had an assist, and was one of the few forwards banging.

These players are a dime a dozen ... Jake Virtanen would have 5 goals if the Oilers put him into the actual lineup time with the same time Jesse gets. Sonny Milano could've been had for nothing and would have more than 5 goals.

Derek Ryan is outplaying Puljujarvi for a top 6 spot. That's f***ing sad.

If you don't move Puljujarvi at this deadline you also cripple any kind of move your can make.

If that's the "plan" Holland is a f***ing dumbass. Frankly the more I think about it last year really was his stupid ass getting bailed out by the hockey gods, the entire Kane situation was a million to one fluke that basically fell into his lap and he was bidding against no one because Kane's ex-wife is crazy and went on a massive smear campaign that scared off everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad