Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That isn't how LTI works. Little would only be beneficial to us if he was acquired for equal money we were sending out. Doubtful that they're in a rush to trade him, too. I'd assume that it's a contract that helps them hit the cap floor and it's probably insured.

The only reason the Oilers give up PP goals is because Vincent Desharnais, PK God, isn't in the lineup.

It's not because he's a PK God, it's because he actually understands that you have to play physical and clear the net front on a PK. No one else on this team understands this concept, so teams like the Rangers and even Detroit just feast on this chicken-shit PK.

We've been murdered at home all year on the PK, the only time it has looked half way respectable was with Desharnais on it, period.

But I'm sure Colorado won't be mean and won't try to pick us apart when they get their 3-6 PPs tomorrow.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
so its Colorado tomorrow right? RIGHT? Why hasn't Holland called up someone!??!?! A particular someone

McDavid's interview last night broke my heart
It was brutal, yea.

Draisaitl just doesn't have it this year. I am assuming his leg is completely f***ed. He's playing the same way he did in the playoffs after his injury. Can't skate at all.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Haha well thats ridiculous if true. Sorry I don’t buy Vinny was sent down because he has some 2 week crippling flu right when we need cap to activate yams.
That’s not why but it probably made the decision. If he can’t play anyways then sending him down doesn’t end up mattering, although poor guy makes less money.

Reactions: PULSATING

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's not because he's a PK God, it's because he actually understands that you have to play physical and clear the net front on a PK. No one else on this team understands this concept, so teams like the Rangers and even Detroit just feast on this chicken-shit PK.

We've been murdered at home all year on the PK, the only time it has looked half way respectable was with Desharnais on it, period.

But I'm sure Colorado won't be mean and won't try to pick us apart when they get their 3-6 PPs tomorrow.
In a stretch where the Oilers played some of the weakest teams in the NHL. I'm sure if you used some critical thinking you could come to the conclusion that Desharnais wouldn't have made an ounce of difference in either of the Rangers' PP goals last night, one of which was on the 5v3.

Not to mention you're talking about a guy who currently has the flu. How do you think the team would handle the next 10 games with a flu bug ripping through the entire dressing room?

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
There aren't going to be any moves, watch us slide out of a playoff spot and miss the playoffs entirely.

For whatever reason this team is completely handcuffed and it's impossible to get anything done.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In a stretch where the Oilers played some of the weakest teams in the NHL. I'm sure if you used some critical thinking you could come to the conclusion that Desharnais wouldn't have made an ounce of difference in either of the Rangers' PP goals last night, one of which was on the 5v3.

Not to mention you're talking about a guy who currently has the flu. How do you think the team would handle the next 10 games with a flu bug ripping through the entire dressing room?

He happens to have a magic flu right when the team has to activate Yamamoto? How many times do we see a player miss 3 consecutive games because of the flu? 1 or 2 ok, but 3? Really? I think he had it but right now they're activating him for stupid cap reasons because they won't let Puljujarvi go.

Who needs our best possible D config, I'm sure Colorado will eventually just get tired of beating our ass, 7 wins in a row, c'mon guys get bored of eating Nurse/Ceci/Bouchard/Barrie/Kulak alive.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That’s not why but it probably made the decision. If he can’t play anyways then sending him down doesn’t end up mattering, although poor guy makes less money.
Yeah I’m sure he can play against the Avs is my point. I could be wrong obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad