Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
People acting like Holland sent down Holloway knowing and planning for him to get injured....I know the sky is falling...but let's be realistic here...players get hurt 8n hockey...

Stop being so logical. Can't you see we love losing our shit?

chris-crocker-britney.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dontknow and Mez

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Except he wasn’t. He was injured in the AHL and was only sent down because of complete mismanagement of the roster by Ken Holland. The actual injury isn’t Ken Holland’s fault- but the asset mismanagement and risking a contributing NHL player is.
Lol pure bad luck. He should have been sent down months ago.

Clearly I’m not on the Holland train atm but blaming that on him is silly.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Lol pure bad luck. He should have been sent down months ago.

Clearly I’m not on the Holland train atm but blaming that on him is silly.

Having to send him down because he can’t have a full roster is completely on Ken Holland, sorry. The he injury itself is bad luck- agreed- but risking him when he was a productive NHL’er is on Holland

The last time we traded a first actually practically 2 1st rounders we got Griffin Reinhardt. How did that work out for us again?

Wait, so because one stupid GM made a horrendous trade no other GM should even contemplate moving a first?

Reactions: Sanchez

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Think we made the bed with Campbell.

What are the other options to move him for?
Gibson - downward trend, but under similar crappy D. Extra $1.4M per year. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Mrazek - crap for crap with less cap hit and term. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Markstrom - $1M more per but one year less term. Could become unbroken knowing he didn't face McDavid anymore.
SJ as part of Karlsson - They're trying to move cap and term not add. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Binnington - $1M more per. Would probably lose his mind behind the Oilers D.
Demko - Likely needs some recovery time. Oilers would likely have to add alot in terms of picks to make it worthwhile for Van.
Absolutely no way we can move Campbell at 5 mill the way he has played. No chance. 👎

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Sanheim is like Gavrikov. Neither of these guys put us over the top or make a notable improvement over Kulak.

They're minor upgrades when we clearly need a massive upgrade or two.
You are way out to lunch Sanheim is a good chunk above Gavrikov and substantially better than Kulak, it's hard to read much into it, Torts scratches people for all sorts of dumb and arbitrary reasons.

I'm just hoping it creates a rift between the player and coach since Sanheim had his family in the crowd to come watch him play.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If we're gonna be technical it's Bouchard's man.

And McDavid can't just teleport to the front of the net, watch the play again, he is forced to go around the Avs player behind the net, you can't just go through a player. That gave the player that was Bouchard's man a split second to jump out in front of the net uncovered and Campbell then gives him the opening to put the puck, McDavid did try to recover but you can't just make up 3 strides from out of your ass in a millisecond, not even Connor McDavid can do that.

Broberg probably needed to be aware that Bouchard was doing nothing and he needs to slide over, he was the closest Oiler player in that situation to the guy who scored to goal. Both of the D are stuck covering the left side of the net.

Watching it even again, McDavid could've basically ended Byram there if he went for the hit instead of skating around him.
Watched it again. McDavid overpursues Compher into a dead area instead of reacting to the puck that gets centered. Bouchard technically crosschecks 'his man' and has no clear sight of the puck.

As a team there's no urgency to protect the front of the net, but McDavid is the center. It's his job to hover defensively, not pursue skaters to low danger areas. That goal gets scored because we're not protecting the front of the net up by two goals in the third period.

Reactions: SupremeTeam16

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Watched it again. McDavid overpursues Compher into a dead area instead of reacting to the puck that gets centered. Bouchard technically crosschecks 'his man' and has no clear sight of the puck.

As a team there's no urgency to protect the front of the net, but McDavid is the center. It's his job to hover defensively, not pursue skaters to low danger areas. That goal gets scored because we're not protecting the front of the net up by two goals in the third period.

He could have ended Bryam's career if he cuts to the front of the net there though, Byram was in an akward position getting pushed behind the net by Nuge, McDavid could've blown him up to the next solar system there, being a nice person and not wanting to take a penalty he chose not to.

Campbell has to play that better though, I mean some times a guy is going to spring loose in front of a net to jam at a puck. It happens. You can't just make it an auto-goal against. If his pad was flush and down or he moved to cover the puck with his body it's not a goal.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
People acting like Holland sent down Holloway knowing and planning for him to get injured....I know the sky is falling...but let's be realistic here...players get hurt 8n hockey...
The guy's going to have plenty of opportunity to get the bag.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
You think Holland masterminded this? What a stupid post.
Send a player down who has outplayed several on team because you can't manage a cap. You don't think that player is bitter?
Of course he can't and won't voodoo an injury, use your brain to what's being implied.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
So you are saying b/c one bad thing happened, never ever do it again? What a way to think through life eh?

No doubt. Especially considering the time the Oilers traded a first rounder before the Griffin Reinhart debacle they got Roloson. That trade worked out for a while...

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
And that's a rookie salary, think of what guys with bigger contracts would lose. Mid boggling
It's generally only guys on rookie deals who have two-way salary deals.

On the current roster Bouchard, Broberg and Skinner are the only Oilers with two-way deals. All three are still on their rooke contracts.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Outplaying Devin Shore isn’t exactly anything to write home about.

Shore sits a lot. You’re not making the point you think you’re making.
If Holloway got sent down because of his play, I'll concede.
But I don't think he did, I'm pretty sure he got sent down along with Desjardins because of cap reasons. I could be wrong.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just posted this, he litterally loses 4k a day being in the ahl compared to nhl. That hurts.

And that's a rookie salary, think of what guys with bigger contracts would lose. Mid boggling
I think bigger contracts that aren’t a two way get the same no matter what.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Outplaying Devin Shore isn’t exactly anything to write home about.

Shore sits a lot. You’re not making the point you think you’re making.
6 pts less than Ryan/Foegele 4 and 3 points behind Yammamoto/Puljujarvi who basically spent significantly more time in the top 6 with Draisaitl/Mcdavid doesn't exactly move the needle for your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad