Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Which 1st rounder have the Oilers traded in the last 15 years? There's your answer. This team doesn't want to trade any picks, so you can't sit there and be upset that no one is willing to take your salary.

Make a f***ing offer maybe? Other teams dump salary in a reasonable time frame all the time.
The last time we traded a first actually practically 2 1st rounders we got Griffin Reinhardt. How did that work out for us again?

• Haha
Reactions: capazzo and Duder54

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I think you have to pick one of Kulak, Ceci or Barrie and then do a trade that is a big upgrade on one of them.

Kulak into Ekholm, Chychrun, Orlov etc.
Barrie or Ceci into Karlsson

Nurse is Nurse. He isn't moving and Broberg and Bouchard are doing great as a sheltered third pair on the cheap.
A lot of that is QoC and deployment but man we need someone that can shut down other teams top lines.
Curious what the xGA is. Want to see if anyone is getting goalied bad.

Reactions: Oilhawks

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Patrick Kane was dogging it all season and now that he was passed over by the Rangers He puts up 6 points last 2 games trying to show his worth, he will be the trade deadline win for any forward this season mark my words

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Which 1st rounder have the Oilers traded in the last 15 years? There's your answer. This team doesn't want to trade any picks, so you can't sit there and be upset that no one is willing to take your salary.

Make a f***ing offer maybe? Other teams dump salary in a reasonable time frame all the time.
How many of those teams are not named NYR,Boston,Tampa or Toronto? Some teams seem to have more “support” in ditching players than others do.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How many of those teams are not named NYR,Boston,Tampa or Toronto? Some teams seem to have more “support” in ditching players than others do.

Well you can't really sit there and cry that it can't be done and then in the same breath list an example of 4 teams that always do it.

Do or do not. There is no try.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The last time we traded a first actually practically 2 1st rounders we got Griffin Reinhardt. How did that work out for us again?

I do not have a problem with them trading a first in a package for Karlsson or someone with term left but I do not want them to trade it for a pure rental or we’ll be back in the same boat next offseason burning more draft capital.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Well you can't really sit there and cry that it can't be done and then in the same breath list an example of 4 teams that always do it.

Do or do not. There is no try.
Hey I get it man. But I want you to take a look around the league. Some teams have always had the upper hand when it comes to things like that and it usually the larger market teams that seem to be able to do it. When was the last time you saw team that wasn’t a league darling be able do it? Calgary had to attach a first to Monohan just to be rid of his last year. The oilers paid out the ass to ditch Kassian. Meanwhile the leafs rangers bruins as examples always seem to “catch a break” when they want to rid themselves of players.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
He could’ve just as easily suffered the same injury in the NHL. So now we’re blaming injuries on KH too I see.
Losing a ton of money now that he did it in the ahl vs the nhl. I think it costs him 4k a day now, yes 4k a freaken day from his ahl Co tract to his nhl one

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Or y'know maybe Ceci and Nurse panic like a chicken with its head cut off when another team starts to press on them.

There's a reason Toronto cut bait on Ceci and Barrie in particular.

You can't trust these guys when you have a lead, they give it up like Halloween candy.
It doesn't surprise me for a second that you'd view it that way. But it's abundantly clear that our offensive drivers have done an exceptionally poor job of limiting GAs this season. They're giving up more than they produce.

In regards to Ceci and Barrie, they 'walked away' from both because they couldn't afford either after utilizing them improperly. Ceci went to Pittsburgh and immediately became an effective 20+ minute a night D. Barrie's been one of the more effective PP

The point that Willis was trying to make is that all of our defensemen were under that threshold, which to me suggested that he believes they should target players below it. That would be dumb.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It doesn't surprise me for a second that you'd view it that way. But it's abundantly clear that our offensive drivers have done an exceptionally poor job of limiting GAs this season. They're giving up more than they produce.

The point that he was trying to make is that all of our defensemen were under that threshold, which to me suggested that he believes they should target players below it. That would be dumb.

You mean like Nurse getting his ass worked on the tying goal last night and not tying up a stick which let the Avs get it to 5-5?

Gonna blame Leon and Connor for that one?

Nurse and Ceci just can't handle pressure. To be honest this has been a trait of Nurse for a long time, this isn't just a "this year" thing. He panics like crazy any time he's put under pressure this goes back to him being a total trainwreck in that Ducks series in 16-17 with that unthinkable comeback, dude is just throwing their players on top of Talbot with no brain cells firing at all so they won the series on that stupid sequence of events basically.

It's just who he is. He makes really amateur hour mistakes when he feels heat from an opponent.

Reactions: TGOSnipes99

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Patrick Kane was dogging it all season and now that he was passed over by the Rangers He puts up 6 points last 2 games trying to show his worth, he will be the trade deadline win for any forward this season mark my words

Yeah I kinda wonder how much Kane has just been “putting in time” with Chicago this year. Hard to get up for games when you know you are gonna suck and you are going to be on another team at the end of the year

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You mean like Nurse getting his ass worked on the tying goal last night and not tying up a stick which let the Avs get it to 5-5?

Gonna blame Leon and Connor for that one?

Nurse and Ceci just can't handle pressure. To be honest this has been a trait of Nurse for a long time, this isn't just a "this year" thing. He panics like crazy any time he's put under pressure this goes back to him being a total trainwreck in that Ducks series in 16-17 with that unthinkable comeback, dude is just throwing their players on top of Talbot with no brain cells firing at all so they won the series on that stupid sequence of events basically.

It's just who he is.
How about Logan O'Connor, Colorado's resident Devin Shore walking in unmolested to poke in the 4th Colorado goal? Their fourth line against the McDavid line. Was that Nurse's fault, too? Good thing Connor was covering the left half wall.

Our scorers have been trash defensively this season. Full stop.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How about Logan O'Connor, Colorado's resident Devin Shore walking in unmolested to poke in the 4th Colorado goal? Their fourth line against the McDavid line. Was that Nurse's fault, too? Good thing Connor was covering the left half wall.

Yeah but what the f*** is Campbell doing dry humping the puck in that situation? Like how often do you see a legit starter do something like that?

The Avs popped out from behind the net suddenly, but if Campbell just dropped down on the puck it's not a goal. Like even Spector was asking what the f*** was Campbell thinking there.

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Indeed. And while coaching can catch some of that blame, I highly doubt Woodcroft, Manson and Co. are telling the forwards to dick off on defensive responsibilities. Until they are willing to buy in on two way play every shift, the defense and goaltending are going to look a lot worse than they probably actually are

Reactions: FlameChampion

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Indeed. And while coaching can catch some of that blame, I highly doubt Woodcroft, Manson and Co. are telling the forwards to dick off on defensive responsibilities. Until they are willing to buy in on two way play every shift, the defense and goaltending are going to look a lot worse than they probably actually are

To be honest I don't really even think that was McDavid's fault anyway, he was covering his man then was behind the net and had to skate around an Avs player, there's no way for him to just teleport to the front of the net and stop Campbell from doing something stupid. Keep your damn pad flush against the post dude. Campbell decided to keep kicking at the puck which is actually what opened up the hole for the puck to be knocked in.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Yeah but what the f*** is Campbell doing dry humping the puck in that situation? Like how often do you see a legit starter do something like that?

The Avs popped out from behind the net suddenly, but if Campbell just dropped down on the puck it's not a goal. Like even Spector was asking what the f*** was Campbell thinking there.
Looked like he lost his net on the MacKinnon goal and the OT goal.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Looked like he lost his net on the MacKinnon goal and the OT goal.

Oh totally, he was in Kansas for the 3rd period MacKinnon goal, totally terrible positioning. The first MacKinnon goal was softer than Charmin toilet paper too, like that is a weeeeeak shot c'mon.

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Who cares? If our center is protecting the front of the net for potential loose pucks instead of covering a player with zero potential as a scoring threat, there's a very good chance that puck either gets covered or cleared.

This team gives up a lot of goals, which was my initial point. Until the team starts committing to a more focused defensive effort, adding a guy with good GA stats wouldn't mean shit.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad