Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Any progress on Puljujarvi, a man seemingly desperate to be rid of his silks, becoming the unlikeliest Oilers lifer?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Anyone care to care guess which defensive pairings these are?

I'll give you guys the players, and you tell me which one they are on:

Chychrun
Garvikov
Karlsson
Nurse
Murphy
Parayko

The results might surprise you.

1676926183897.png

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Who cares? If our center is protecting the front of the net for potential loose pucks instead of covering a player with zero potential as a scoring threat, there's a very good chance that puck either gets covered or cleared.

This team gives up a lot of goals, which was my initial point. Until the team starts committing to a more focused defensive effort, adding a guy with good GA stats wouldn't mean shit.

If we're gonna be technical it's Bouchard's man.

And McDavid can't just teleport to the front of the net, watch the play again, he is forced to go around the Avs player behind the net, you can't just go through a player. That gave the player that was Bouchard's man a split second to jump out in front of the net uncovered and Campbell then gives him the opening to put the puck, McDavid did try to recover but you can't just make up 3 strides from out of your ass in a millisecond, not even Connor McDavid can do that.

Broberg probably needed to be aware that Bouchard was doing nothing and he needs to slide over, he was the closest Oiler player in that situation to the guy who scored to goal. Both of the D are stuck covering the left side of the net.

Watching it even again, McDavid could've basically ended Byram there if he went for the hit instead of skating around him.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Think we made the bed with Campbell.

What are the other options to move him for?
Gibson - downward trend, but under similar crappy D. Extra $1.4M per year. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Mrazek - crap for crap with less cap hit and term. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Markstrom - $1M more per but one year less term. Could become unbroken knowing he didn't face McDavid anymore.
SJ as part of Karlsson - They're trying to move cap and term not add. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Binnington - $1M more per. Would probably lose his mind behind the Oilers D.
Demko - Likely needs some recovery time. Oilers would likely have to add alot in terms of picks to make it worthwhile for Van.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It doesn't surprise me for a second that you'd view it that way. But it's abundantly clear that our offensive drivers have done an exceptionally poor job of limiting GAs this season. They're giving up more than they produce.

In regards to Ceci and Barrie, they 'walked away' from both because they couldn't afford either after utilizing them improperly. Ceci went to Pittsburgh and immediately became an effective 20+ minute a night D. Barrie's been one of the more effective PP

The point that Willis was trying to make is that all of our defensemen were under that threshold, which to me suggested that he believes they should target players below it. That would be dumb.

Our forwards when they’re engaged and playing a 200 foot game make this team hard to beat. The problem is they fall back into bad habits and make it infinitely harder on the d men and goalies.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
When was the last time you saw team that wasn’t a league darling be able do it?
You kinda answered your own question. Only a league darling can make creative trades. How do you define a league darling? A team that can make creative trades. lol

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Gibson - downward trend, but under similar crappy D. Extra $1.4M per year. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Mrazek - crap for crap with less cap hit and term. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Markstrom - $1M more per but one year less term. Could become unbroken knowing he didn't face McDavid anymore.
SJ as part of Karlsson - They're trying to move cap and term not add. Probably part of 10 team NTC.
Demko - Likely needs some recovery time. Oilers would likely have to add alot in terms of picks to make it worthwhile for Van.

Oh he would indeed. It would make Smith’s tantrums look like nothing

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I doubt Campbell has any of the California teams on this 10 team NTC. I doubt very many players frankly put any of the Cali squads on their limited NTCs. If you have the money, California is still one of the most desired places to live in, there's a reason why Katz lives there.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sandheim a healthy scratch
Sanheim is like Gavrikov. Neither of these guys put us over the top or make a notable improvement over Kulak.

They're minor upgrades when we clearly need a massive upgrade or two.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah I kinda wonder how much Kane has just been “putting in time” with Chicago this year. Hard to get up for games when you know you are gonna suck and you are going to be on another team at the end of the year
He put up 18% of his season production in 2 games at that point yea he seemed to wake up as teams were passing him by.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
He could’ve just as easily suffered the same injury in the NHL. So now we’re blaming injuries on KH too I see.

Except he wasn’t. He was injured in the AHL and was only sent down because of complete mismanagement of the roster by Ken Holland. The actual injury isn’t Ken Holland’s fault- but the asset mismanagement and risking a contributing NHL player is.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Anyone care to care guess which defensive pairings these are?

I'll give you guys the players, and you tell me which one they are on:

Chychrun
Garvikov
Karlsson
Nurse
Murphy
Parayko

The results might surprise you.

View attachment 653707
All I know is that one guy on that list plays with the best player in the world and the 2nd best point producer in the NHL

Reactions: McDoused

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
People acting like Holland sent down Holloway knowing and planning for him to get injured....I know the sky is falling...but let's be realistic here...players get hurt 8n hockey...
Also Holloway's performance warranted some AHL time this season regardless. He's got some NHL tools but he's not there yet, plenty of developing to do.

The bigger issue is Desharnais staying down any longer than he has to. I do wonder how bad the flu is going through the room, seems like a lot of guys have taken time off now, if we assume that maintenance days are due to the flu.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
People acting like Holland sent down Holloway knowing and planning for him to get injured....I know the sky is falling...but let's be realistic here...players get hurt 8n hockey...

Yeah, kind of absurd takes. Honestly he should have been able to avoid or mitigate that hit as well. If he gets injured by that down there he would up in the NHL. Going to be like Taylor Hall until he learned to mitigate that as well

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

People are mad at Holland because of asset mismanagement. Just like if you left your car running in a bad neighbourhood and it got stolen. You didn’t try to have it stolen, but because of your neglect and mismanagement your car got stolen

North

Jun 25, 2009

It’s also not out of the question that Holloway should be with Bakersfield. I’d argue the bigger issue was demoting Desharnais but he was sick anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad