Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Just need a little more patience and this will all pay off if we wait a couple more weeks.

four-tops-its-the-same-old-song.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Great .. what he has done the rest of the year and what happens when teams start playing heavy hockey come playoff time?
He had nothing to play for rest of the year and was stuck with Athanasiou as linemate. Also, let's not pretend the guy hasn't been in playoffs before.. I am sure he will manage to do better than Yamamoto in a top 6 role.
Also, this would be considered loading up .. we aren't swapping Nuge/Hyman for Kane ..

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016

“There’s no getting around it: General manager Ken Holland’s inability or unwillingness to make a trade to clear cap room has created a mess in the short term.”

At least one oilers media member has no problem calling out this shit GM for sitting on his ass. Too bad the rest can’t do so.

One reason why I like The Athletic.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
He's still in the attic cleaning up his old accolades because that's all he cares about.
Imagine your legacy having a notable stain because you failed as a GM to win a cup with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl on your team. Get bent, Holland.
It's all about the retirement top up now. I don't know why they hired a fossil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So we play JP 8 mins the last 2 games instead of waiving him and playing shorthanded? I dont get it
How are we playing shorthanded? We called Shore up and JP got a point in last 2 games each.

VD , Kane, Holloway and Kostin are all out sick/injured and not because of cap/pulju

Reactions: scott57

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He’s the one that got himself into this situation. And he’s paid more than any other gm.

You have dubas over there on the other side making things happen with almost the same cap strapped situation.

I don’t understand why Holland gets so much defense on here.

This is literally his bed. He made it. We couldn’t handle two sicknesses today and ice a full roster.

I don’t hate all his moves. But this is failing. Utter utter failing
Leafs had about 4 mill in cap space. We have just over 562k. So that is a big difference.

Oilers have zero space to make moves

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Leafs had about 4 mill in cap space. We have just over 562k. So that is a big difference.

Oilers have zero space to make moves
Leafs have been in cap trouble and pressed against cap for a while yet Dubas finds ways to make his team better and keep adding.

The excuses for Holland and his dollars in dollars out need to stop. Not saying that’s it not accurate cause obviously it is but he needs to figure out a way to get creative and make us better.

Highest paid GM in the league maybe he earns it based on performance and not his past accomplishments 10-15 years ago

Reactions: McAsuno

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
How are we playing shorthanded? We called Shore up and JP got a point in last 2 games each.

VD , Kane, Holloway and Kostin are all out sick/injured and not because of cap/pulju
11 and 6, playing 1 man short, thats why we got to call up Shore cause we couldnt ice a full lineup, and we couldnt again tonight.

Reactions: McAsuno

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

“There’s no getting around it: General manager Ken Holland’s inability or unwillingness to make a trade to clear cap room has created a mess in the short term.”

At least one oilers media member has no problem calling out this shit GM for sitting on his ass. Too bad the rest can’t do so.

Holland is like that kid that knows he has to clean his room, but keeps putting it off and finding ways to make his room look cleaner than it actually is (like shoving bad cap under the sheets).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
11 and 6, playing 1 man short, thats why we got to call up Shore cause we couldnt ice a full lineup, and we couldnt again tonight.
1 man short was because of Kane being sick last minute... Waiving Puljujarvi would mean a lesser roster even if it was let's say Lavoie/ Tullio up and Pulju down

Last edited:

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Holland’s big move is gonna be to overpay for an ex Red Wing like Nyquist or Tyler Bertuzzi.

He teased us so many times and never actually made any significant trades to take this team to the next level. He just got lucky with free agency (Hyman, Kane, Nuge Disocunt) and took advantage of random occurrences (Keith, Smith retiring).

Reactions: Echodek

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So first off Holland definitely needs to upgrade the defence but how is the team blowing three goal leads, poor defensive structure, no effort in OT/So, and their inability to win key draws his fault? Like at what point do we start holding the players and coaches accountable. We should be able to win games while scoring 4 or 5 goals. Teams with lesser rosters do it all the time. We shouldnt need an allstar lineup on paper just to close out a game.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Leafs have been in cap trouble and pressed against cap for a while yet Dubas finds ways to make his team better and keep adding.

The excuses for Holland and his dollars in dollars out need to stop. Not saying that’s it not accurate cause obviously it is but he needs to figure out a way to get creative and make us better.

Highest paid GM in the league maybe he earns it based on performance and not his past accomplishments 10-15 years ago
And they still haven’t past the first round and have zero prospects or draft picks.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Holland is like that kid that knows he has to clean his room, but keeps putting it off and finding ways to make his room look cleaner than it actually is (like shoving bad cap under the sheets).
So you believe Holland is some sort of buffoon? All his actions and inactions are the daily operations of a fool.

And I'm not talking about our current standing in cap hell being the primary reason for the transmission being in neutral on the trade front. I see every contract Holland has handed out as decisive.

Nurse should have been down the club pecking order. Obviously making less than Draisaitl. Some of us took a lot of flack for having realistic perspectives on Nurse. Now I defend the player in the thread dedicated to Nurse and my viewpoint on the player hasn't changed at all.

There was no reason on earth to hand out those contracts Yamamoto and Puljujarvi. The threat of arbitration rulings was a red herring.

What was the fate of posters for saying the Edmonton Oilers were not a good team after their conference final appearance? They took a vacation against their will losing the privilege of having an opinion.

We are where we are by calculated design. That's what Holland is paid for. Creating the NHL narrative for the Edmonton Oilers.

The franchise still has nothing resembling a third-line center. We are playing a position short every game. We'll make it to the playoffs but then we are toast.

And that will be the story of Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl.

There is a reason Toronto went out and built up the middle. Now they can make it out of the first round.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
And they still haven’t past the first round and have zero prospects or draft picks.
Ya, that's not the guy I would show as exhibit A on how to successfully improve your team into a cup contender at the deadline. Has failed miserably every year, and this is his likely his last chance and he knows it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
So first off Holland definitely needs to upgrade the defence but how is the team blowing three goal leads, poor defensive structure, no effort in OT/So, and their inability to win key draws his fault? Like at what point do we start holding the players and coaches accountable. We should be able to win games while scoring 4 or 5 goals. Teams with lesser rosters do it all the time. We shouldnt need an allstar lineup on paper just to close out a game.
The faceoffs are a big problem. Nuge is great but tends to lose key ones. Today one end up in the back of our net

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Putting aside the EK, Edholm and Chychrun for a moment (tough to get / expensive), I’m liking the idea of going after lesser but solid candidates.
. Connor Murphy (Hawks, RD to partner with Nurse, $4.4 m for 2 more years)
. Olli Maata ( DRW, LD, $3 m for 2 more years, can play 2nd pairing)
. Dimitri Orlov ( Wash, LD, $5.1 m then UFA, can also be 2nd pairing).

Murphy plus one of the LDs would be a huge boost to our D, without breaking the bank and only Orlov is a rental. Thinking “solid and not sexy” might suit us. Murphy is a decent puck mover, and Maata and Orlov are solid in their end.
I would at least target Murphy…need to get stronger on right side and support Nurse.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad