Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Aaron Portzline:

“Gavrikov missed his third consecutive game while the Blue Jackets finalize a trade ahead of the March 3 NHL deadline. GM Jarmo Kekalainen would not say what the holdup is, but it’s believed the Jackets have a trade in place that requires another transaction to take place first.”

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't know, I think he went for more than that last year and moving Foegele's extra year isn't free. Probably costs them 2 picks, but maybe not a 2nd.

He went for a 4th in 2023 last deadline
That season was a better statistical season for Motte and could be reasonably argued they overpaid at that time as well,

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Aaron Portzline:

“Gavrikov missed his third consecutive game while the Blue Jackets finalize a trade ahead of the March 3 NHL deadline. GM Jarmo Kekalainen would not say what the holdup is, but it’s believed the Jackets have a trade in place that requires another transaction to take place first.”
Motte is also sitting out.
My theory?
Pulju for Motte
Then we trade for Gavikov

Make the same deal as TOR for Kane+Lafferty

1st+2nd+3rd+4th+Foegele+Yamamoto with another team retaining a couple mil on Kane
Kane has a screwed up hip that needs surgery. I don’t think he will survive a playoff run

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Jesse actually contributes to winning.

It’s because he continually makes excuses to do anything while other GMs in the same situation improve their

IMHO it’s more the organization than it is the GM. The inability to make a deal especially for a quality defenseman dates back way further than Holland. It should be quite evident by now some teams have a harder time making deals than others do.

The usual suspects like the Leafs the Rangers the Bruins and the Bolts have always historically also had an easier time making moves that improve their team.

Teams like the Oilers the Sens and the Sabres among others have historically had a more difficult time making moves to improve their teams.

Everybody talks about the OBC that the NHL is and it looks like some teams are in and some are out. Some teams get help and some just don’t. The ones that don’t usually end up getting bent over no matter who is at the helm though.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Aaron Portzline:

Somebody tell Kenny that a 3rd team is allowed to be involved in deals

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I have been thinking about our team and we need a dman that is top 4. If EDM can get back in on Chychrun we have to go for that deal. Once that deal is made then we are too heavy on the left side. Move Kulak and his 2.75 mil.

A deal with CHI for Laffery and Domi.

EDM out
2023 1st, 2024 1st, Bourgault, Foegle, Yam
in ARZ
Chychrun, Bjugstad

EDM OUT
2023 2nd, 4, Pulju, Savoie

CHI
LAFFERY
Domi 50%

Edm out
Kulak for a 2nd

RNH, McD, Hyman
Kane, LD, Domi
Janmark, Bjugstad, Laffery
Ryan, McCleod, Kostin

Nurse, Ceci
chychrun, Bouchard
Broberg, Barrie
Desharnais

players not signed for next year
Janmark
Ryan
Kostin
MCloud
Domi
No players that will cost a lot of money. Domi would be the most expensive but we get a test run from him.
We also have more depth on the bottom two lines and players that could be moved up to top six. Plus about 8 mil coming of the books from LTIR.
We see how are team does this year and into the playoffs then go from there.
The big need will be improving the right side dmen which you would have to move out Barrie for his 4.5m.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Aaron Portzline:

Wouldn't move a 1st for Gavrikov unless he was extended, which doesn't sound like it will happen for a Canadian team. Peeke on the other hand.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Aaron Portzline:

Unless they aren’t able to get Karlsson or Chychrun, hope it’s not Edmonton. Would only want Gavrikov if he could be signed to a reasonable extension. It sounds like his expectations are to be overpaid by an American team in free agency, so no thanks

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
IMHO it’s more the organization than it is the GM. The inability to make a deal especially for a quality defenseman dates back way further than Holland. It should be quite evident by now some teams have a harder time making deals than others do.

The usual suspects like the Leafs the Rangers the Bruins and the Bolts have always historically also had an easier time making moves that improve their team.

Teams like the Oilers the Sens and the Sabres among others have historically had a more difficult time making moves to improve their teams.

Everybody talks about the OBC that the NHL is and it looks like some teams are in and some are out. Some teams get help and some just don’t. The ones that don’t usually end up getting bent over no matter who is at the helm though.
The salary cap crunch is entirely the GMs making with consistent overpays.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Y'all are crazy. On paper this is the best team weve had in decades and we are still 2 weeks away from the trade deadline. The cupboards are stocked and were finally in a position to start buying. Get excited oil country!
If we start buying.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I'm curious what the price would be for a Kane 50% retained to Arizona and
Chychrun @50
Kane @ 25% would cost

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Y'all are crazy. On paper this is the best team weve had in decades and we are still 2 weeks away from the trade deadline. The cupboards are stocked and were finally in a position to start buying. Get excited oil country!
I don't get ecited. team has looked like utter sh** for every game post All-Star break and the D looks atrocious.

What is there to get excited about? lol

No big moves? this D will get wrecked playoff time

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
yet we are a wildcard team....

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I enjoyed the part where they showed you were wrong, without any sort of political agenda. Rather than concede the point you came out mud slinging. That's a tell.
How did they show me I was wrong? I have litterally been crossing the boarder for the last year with out any issues and was asked once out of 60 times if I was vaccinated and was asked for proof. So again let me know how the proved me wrong I'll wait.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If we start buying.
What we are most interested in buying is a d-man and STL has just formally come to the table, WSH and NSH look like they might follow shortly.

The reason forward trades happened early is cause the forward market high end is uninspiring this year and there isn't enough quality to go around, the defensive market is actually looking pretty respectable for the number of sellers relative to the number of suitors, it's evolving into a buyers market for d-men and playing the slow game is the more preferable strategy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad