Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
"Smaller" Trades I would make if I had the magic power of being "Oilers GM for a day"...

JP out for one of Max Domi or Dominik Kubalik

Yamamoto out for Max Comtois

Foegele out for Ivan Barbashev

Janmark out for Sam Lafferty

Ryan out for Nick Bjugstad

Ceci out for Radko Gudas

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Re-signing Puljujarvi to something like a 3x1.25 million dollar deal might actually give him some positive trade value b/c the team picking him up would avoid the ridiculous qualifying offer and can have themselves a cost controlled bottom 6 asset. That being said, running a 17 player lineup for f***ing Puljujarvi/Yamamoto is beyond ridiculous and Holloway getting injured from it is just some sort of cosmic karma telling us to fire Holland already. If you wanted to stall for a Puljujarvi sign and trade just keep Yamamoto on IR.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The Karlsson hype is dying down. We’re no longer linked to Chych. Never been linked to Provorov. Ghost rumours surfaced at some point.

There is no f***ing way Holland can look at this defence and think they will give us the best chance at winning the ship.

I’ve always been a fan of Patty Kane but when evaluating team needs, we should be going all in for Karlsson to Chychrun. Anything less would be a bit of a disappointment IMO but I’m fully expecting to be disappointed :laugh:
In fairness though, aside from the bug July 1 acquisitions, people often don't know when Kenny is going to do. Nobody talked about Kulak last year.

Nobody talked about ROR to the Leafs seriously before it happened.

GMs keep a lot to themselves. With so much speculation about Edmonton though, i would be very surprised if nothing got done.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Should change this thread to "Man-child Whines"

WAH-WAH-WAH

Kenny has built by far the best team of the McDavid era. Go look back at some of the old squads, stop whining, be patient. Even if we pick up no one, I like this team.
I understand people are upset cause of Mcdavids window and wanting a cup but I also 110% agree with this post

Reactions: Oilslick941611

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
That you Kenny? The team isn't good enough, so why try anything, right? Better to just accept we are losers and watch Mcdrai waste their primes until they leave.

f*** picks, get this team the help it needs and let our superstars know we will build a team around them that can contend.
I don't know why it says that this was my quote lol, it was the poster below me.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Well, the same “excuses” are made for pretty much every GM in the league. The Oilers were fairly active in the off-season with regards to UFAs. Pretty much 0 trades of substance by any teams 10 games in.

How are they scraping the bottom of the barrel again? Seems like you’re just bitching to bitch, but whatever.
My point is that now isn't the time to be sitting on our hands. Players are starting to come off the board. We aren't securely locked in a playoff spot by any means. Why wait until the last possible second to make a deal? (Might change but its looking like that). The cap situation is Ken's own doing. When I say scraping the bottom of the barrel, I'm referring to times like when we waited and waited til all the goalies were gone and then re-upped Smith for two more years.

Reactions: Echodek

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Re-signing Puljujarvi to something like a 3x1.25 million dollar deal might actually give him some positive trade value b/c the team picking him up would avoid the ridiculous qualifying offer and can have themselves a cost controlled bottom 6 asset. That being said, running a 17 player lineup for f***ing Puljujarvi/Yamamoto is beyond ridiculous and Holloway getting injured from it is just some sort of cosmic karma telling us to fire Holland already. If you wanted to stall for a Puljujarvi sign and trade just keep Yamamoto on IR.
Hurting our team in the short term isn't the worst imo. It's a smart plan to assume we can sort this team out in this regular season. The focus is the playoffs and beyond, and so if there is a way to keep JP at a low amount that is better than tossing him away for nothing. Still, I don't get the plan if we are thinking of adding at the deadline... but in a vacuum this makes sense, and maybe this does help the trade value. If so, I'm on board 100%. Karma does not exist.

I do wonder about the timing with Yamamoto. I heard McCurdy criticizing Holland for that too. Kostin having to sit made that even worse too. I'd wonder if there is another factor. Maybe we couldn't hold Yamamoto out as long as we wanted. Maybe the illness making its way through the team made this outcome the best one.

Reactions: Macblender

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I know it’s Leavins but that first point doesn’t sound promising. Sounds like it’ll be a case of “we tried but nah couldn’t make it work”

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Shut up. JP sucks. He’s good at nothing except smiling like the Joker
Yeah that outlined deal is rich but 1.5M is reasonable. I don’t think a cheap extension is bad if we can’t move him especially if it helps us move him since teams view a 3M QO as a risk or just let him walk which then he is a pure dump to them.

I think you may need to show a little less bias with this player (just like Kaptah) as it has become this toxic KY vs JP shit show and you clearly love one and hate the other based on your comments. The reality is both (and foegele as well) are very overpaid bottom 6 players who need to be moved or be making about 1.5M less each to have a fair contract.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I see this board is a little grumpy this morning
Just a bit bitter...
Holloway injured. CGY, VGK, LA , SEA and TOR win last night.. ROR got an apple and was 12-2 on the dot.

Only cure for this is an Oilers win this afternoon...

Feb 9, 2013
Time for bed
Yes, it was ... ha
I wouldn't get my hopes up about the league minimum if I were you.

Also he seems to be a "constant distraction" only to handful of haters here at HF. Everything this season indicates Pulju is well liked by his teammates and coach.
"Well liked" ... maybe, but I guarantee they like winning better. And they're not winning with scarecrow.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
As I posted earlier to someone else, this response is BS. They don't ask every time we go over, but last Saturday for example, US Customs asked again. Driving across the US border dozens and dozens of times per year, my guess is we have been asked at least 10 times this past year. Although, last Saturday we brought my Mother in Law, THAT would have been the time to lie and say not her...
1676822396835.jpeg

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

I know it’s Leavins but that first point doesn’t sound promising. Sounds like it’ll be a case of “we tried but nah couldn’t make it work”

About how many of those emails from the law firm of Holland and Son will it take for Katz to realize he’s been bamboozled out of $20M and counting?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I think you may need to show a little less bias with this player (just like Kaptah) as it has become this toxic KY vs JP shit show and you clearly love one and hate the other based on your comments.

I can only like this so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad