Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
EK is not coming here, way too many hurdles.

-he has a NMC, I don't he agreeing to a trade that lands him with this team.
-his contract, both in terms of AVV and years left. We are so tight to the cap, SJ would have to retain 30% min, the most ever on a deal that's over 2 years long.
-the acquisition price, a combination of first round picks, prospects, Barrie, Bouchard, Halloway, Jesse P, ect. - This is not how Holland operates.

It would be fun to see, but I don't see any chance of it happening.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

-his contract, both in terms of AVV and years left. We are so tight to the cap, SJ would have to retain 30% min, the most ever on a deal that's over 2 years long.
-the acquisition price, a combination of first round picks, prospects, Barrie, Bouchard, Halloway, Jesse P, ect. - This is not how Holland operates.

1. If he wasn't willing to waive, discussion don't get this far

2. SJ knows this because they gave him that deal. There largely aren't teams that can take him without a retention, and if they did the return is significantly worse

3. It's Erik Karlsson, nearly a HHOFer and #1 RD. This add is significant and would be a massive boon to the team, time to pay to win

It makes too much sense not to happen, SJ won't likely get a better offer going forward

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Why are you so obsessed over Hollands salary? Doesn’t count against the cap or harm the fans in any way whatsoever. I just don’t get why it pisses people off so much/

If you are going to be paid the most, you should probably rank at least top 30 in your field.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tyler Motte is likely on the move from Ottawa, makes alot of sense for the Oilers, he's an excellent PKer, not sure the return from Edmonton if that happens.

I think he's headed to Boston based on my guess lol

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
If you are going to be paid the most, you should probably rank at least top 30 in your field.
Well considering his team was as high as top 4 last year and could easily be again this season, I would say he is probably higher than the top 30 you claim him to be.

Again I just don’t get this obsession with salary for a GM. Players I can understand as they have a direct correlation to the overall limit of money you can spend on your team.

But how much you pay your coaches and GMs don’t. This isn’t the CFL here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yes, it was ... ha

"Well liked" ... maybe, but I guarantee they like winning better. And they're not winning with scarecrow.

Jesse actually contributes to winning.

Why are you so obsessed over Hollands salary? Doesn’t count against the cap or harm the fans in any way whatsoever. I just don’t get why it pisses people off so much/

It’s because he continually makes excuses to do anything while other GMs in the same situation improve their teams.

The Cheez

Aug 14, 2015
If it's truly a buyers market this year, I'm fine with waiting til the deadline to judge everything. Holland is in a tough spot, our cap situation will be a lot better next year, but with the west the way it is we kind of have to do something.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
While I agree it shouldn't have anything to do with us, I think it gives people a higher expectation. If you go to McDonald's and they undercook your burger, I mean it's some kid making min wage. If you found out this kid was considered one of the best and was making a million dollars a year, youre still paying for the same burger, but my expectations would be higher

Reactions: Echodek

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
If it's truly a buyers market this year, I'm fine with waiting til the deadline to judge everything. Holland is in a tough spot, our cap situation will be a lot better next year, but with the west the way it is we kind of have to do something.
Doubt McDavid wants to have this year wasted. (bad wording originally).

If Holland does nothing and keeps his 1st round picks then I wouldn't be surprised if McDavid finally asks for a trade out here, and I don't blame him.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
While I agree it shouldn't have anything to do with us, I think it gives people a higher expectation. If you go to McDonald's and they undercook your burger, I mean it's some kid making min wage. If you found out this kid was considered one of the best and was making a million dollars a year, youre still paying for the same burger, but my expectations would be higher
I’m hungry now.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The perfect deal would be foegele, 2nd & 4th for Motte, but not likely
Motte is worth like a 5th rd pick, I certainly don't feel desperate enough to be rid of Foegele's cap hit to bundle him with a 2nd rd pick.

Foegele is nowhere close to Kassian bad and his term is shorter than what ARI absorbed with Kassian. I consider him to be a throw in to a larger deal and you maybe toss them an extra 3rd for including Foegele in the deal.

The Cheez

Aug 14, 2015
Doubt McDavid doesn't want to have this year wasted.

If Holland does nothing and keeps his 1st round picks then I wouldn't be surprised if McDavid finally asks for a trade out here, and I don't blame him.

Don't disagree. If he doesn't do something I will be disappointed. We are a good team and would be nice to get some good help

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Jesse actually contributes to winning.

It’s because he continually makes excuses to do anything while other GMs in the same situation improve their teams.
Team worst -11. More than double worse than the 2nd worse guy

"Jesse contributes to winning" lol

I would not want this flake back at even 850K

I want a real hockey player

Reactions: Haggard

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Make the same deal as TOR for Kane+Lafferty

1st+2nd+3rd+4th+Foegele+Yamamoto with another team retaining a couple mil on Kane

Reactions: jlockhart89

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Motte is worth like a 5th rd pick, I certainly don't feel desperate enough to be rid of Foegele's cap hit to bundle him with a 2nd rd pick.

Foegele is nowhere close to Kassian bad and his term is shorter than what ARI absorbed with Kassian. I consider him to be a throw in to a larger deal and you maybe toss them an extra 3rd for including Foegele in the deal.
I don't know, I think he went for more than that last year and moving Foegele's extra year isn't free. Probably costs them 2 picks, but maybe not a 2nd.

He went for a 4th in 2023 last deadline

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

NVM..too early for maths...
tenor.gif

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Make the same deal as TOR for Kane+Lafferty

1st+2nd+3rd+4th+Foegele+Yamamoto with another team retaining a couple mil on Kane
My worry with Kane is how bad is his injury.
I would like to see a deal around Laffery and Domi coming to EDM.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
1. If he wasn't willing to waive, discussion don't get this far

2. SJ knows this because they gave him that deal. There largely aren't teams that can take him without a retention, and if they did the return is significantly worse

3. It's Erik Karlsson, nearly a HHOFer and #1 RD. This add is significant and would be a massive boon to the team, time to pay to win

It makes too much sense not to happen, SJ won't likely get a better offer going forward
I guess we'll see. I agree on some of your points. He's an unreal player, who would be a huge addition to the Oilers. I also agree that the Sharks should be doing everything in their power to move him. To start the season, EK was unmovable, basically a buy out option in a year or 2, if he couldn't find his game. 30%, 40%, even 50% retention that comes with Barrie/Bouchard, multiple picks/prospects is a hell of a lot more than a team usually gets when they buy out a contract, which is NOTHING. I just don't buy the fact that EK will waive to come here, and that SJ ownership will be willing to bite that bullet on retention, even though, it's clearly in the best interest of their club long term.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Team worst -11. More than double worse than the 2nd worse guy

"Jesse contributes to winning" lol

I would not want this flake back at even 850K

I want a real hockey player
Add the dumbest player in the NHL

If we dont move him this year, its just a waste of 3M the rest of the year that we could have a player that makes a positive impact in the lineup.

Hes a cap dump at this point, has to be.

Reactions: Haggard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad