Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Proposal:

Puljujarvi extension 1.2M x 3yrs

Who says No?

Guarantees Pulju 3.6M... maybe some front loading or whatever to make trading him easier.
Imo he says no,

But then again, it does let him stick to the team with no public pressure. But again, why not do that with a new team and fresh start?

We definitely say yes since his cap hit is totally bury-able aside from 100k

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Imo he says no,

But then again, it does let him stick to the team with no public pressure. But again, why not do that with a new team and fresh start?

I think he will get paid more than that. 1.5M - 2M a year depending on the length of the deal. That is a very reasonable contract for a solid bottom 6 player with some upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Curry

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Everyone in the division winning...

Rare of me to do this (show optimism), but I did listen to Brad Holland's interview and it brought me maybe a bit of more optimism.

If we got some moneyball F additions for depth, including a PKer, and got Orlov - that'd be fantastic. Keep in mind we didn't hear much about Kulak until the day of the deadline last year. Solid add.
Agree mostly but Kulak has been awful.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Imo he says no,

I think there’s a few reasons he could potentially be interested in sticking around. He might’ve seen what’s happened with guys like AA, Milano, etc around the league who’s QOs are too high and end up bouncing around a ton and think there’s more of a chance of rebounding with a group he’s familiar with. And based on the teams reaction to him breaking out of his scoring slump and the video of Drai staying out after practice to work with him I think he’s a lot more liked in the room than some fans/media seem to think.

I still think it’s super unlikely to happen, but bringing him back on a 2x$1.5m deal and flushing the other two $3m wingers who have term would be some creative cap maneuvering that people have been screaming for…

Reactions: Harry Curry

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I mean, I said similar level, because as players they are much different. I'd rather have Chychrun myself - and also I think Nurse's play has definitely slipped to make this less close than it was (Nurse used to be so good at rush D, but now he backs up all the time, what happened!)

Obviously this year, Chychrun has played at a different level. In the past, he's been worse than Nurse, or equal. This year, and only using this year, Chychrun has been a beast, offensively especially. Playing motivated to get the hell out of there.

The main reasons why the Oilers don't like Chychrun seem to be a poor player evaluation (thinking he's bad defensively when D rates suggest he's simply average, which isn't a problem) and because the Coyotes either want Broberg back or won't take back additional salary.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I respectfully disagree that in the past Nurse and Chychrun have been equal. Nurse has had the benefit of primarily being out on the ice with McDavid which pumped up his possession numbers. His numbers with Bear were also good because, in my mind, Bear could make those 5 foot passes to get the puck going the right way, a skill set Nurse doesn’t possess.

I agree with you in Nurse had gotten away from the game that got him drafted. He used to be a hard playing, defense first thought guy. I do t know, maybe playing with Leon and Connor he thinks he needs to be Paul Coffey. I also don’t know if backing up right into the goalie is a carry over from Tippett (Tippett didn’t care about giving up the line) but he needs to fix that. With the way he skates, he should absolutely challenge at the blue line. To add to this, Ceci has been an absolute tire fire since being paired with Nurse. I have no clue why the coach keeps forcing it. Those two trying to break the puck out is just a comedy of errors. Nurse out with 97/29 in 3v3 situations is a fire able offense in my opinion.

If I were coach for a day, I would try to increase the workload of Broberg and Bouchard and see if they can handle it. I guess you can’t split up Ceci and Nurse because Nurse and Barrie would be an absolute shit show in the d zone

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think he will get paid more than that. 1.5M - 2M a year depending on the length of the deal. That is a very reasonable contract for a solid bottom 6 player with some upside.

lol who is paying him 2 million? Guys like Sonny Milano can't even get that were on PTOs after scoring 14 goals in 66 games (btw the Oilers should have signed him instead of either Puljujarvi or Yamamoto for 900k).

He'll get about 1 million and only because he was taken 4th overall and had hype around him from like 6 years ago. And even that I would say is a maybe, he could very easily end up in a spot where he has to sign a PTO somewhere.

Reactions: capazzo

Messier11

May 9, 2016
Derek Ryan EV is outplaying most of the club. Deserves to be said.

Hollands mistake was giving Yama 2 yrs. There was no reason to do that. Ryan Murray for sure was a WTF moment. Every GM has some do overs that they would like back. yama was in multiple times concussion protocol and had multiple severe concussions even before signing this contract. The likelihood that this scenario would go well for a tiny player that gets rag dolled around the rink was slim to none. It was giving money away to a player with likely injury problems that wouldn't even be available a lot of nights..

I can't say Nurse contract as I was wrong on that one too.
YES, YES, and YES. I think the problem with Kenny is that when you make $5M /yr, maybe you aren't as frugal as you need to be. Blowing $6M between Yamo and Pulju was NOT necessary. Rem Murray not necessary. Not sure about Demers. But if we had about $7M right now, we could have done some damage a little while ago on trades. Ken may be respected for his patience, but host patience means f all to me. More worried about patience of 97/29. This defence is putrid crap. Nurse should be traded if we could swing it.

Tp add insult to injury, it would have take a pick to unload Pulju. What kind of foreign or management is that?

Good post.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
f*** are NHL gm's pathetic. You have all year to assess your team, not to mention the entire existence of your franchise in Poile's case. Why base anything off a 3 game sample???
Listening to Poile's interview he basically was saying he doesn't think his team is good enough to compete (in a roundabout way) and it was keeping him up at night. Though Poile's messaging to his team through his many years has always been lets just make the playoffs and as long as you guys are making the playoffs I got your back and won't change up the team/ break up the group.

I honestly think Poile's mentality served the team well for quite some time they were generally a tight knit hard working lunch pail group up front who scored by committee and generally had great defense and great goaltending, teams like this often had real upset potential. The game has changed though, scoring is up, and stifling D combined with great goaltending isn't giving you that same punchers chance that it once did (their D is not as stifling as it once was, but the point remains).

IMO Poile has already made up his mind and evaluated the team, what he's actually doing here is drawing a line in the sand and saying basically if you guys don't clear this line I may have to start trading people and I'm not the bad guy. A lot of people draw arbitrary lines to excuse actions they feel they need to take, but in so doing it's more of a justified act and to excuse what might be considered a betrayal or going back on ones word by others. I'm sure Poile gave a whole song and dance to both Forsberg and Ekholm before they signed their deals about how they had a plan to stay competitive, but literally the first year into their new deals its becoming increasingly obvious they need a major overhaul.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Holloway getting injured in the AHL is a direct message from the hockey gods to Holland. Stop f***ing around.
Very good job by these incompetent fools. They play this kid on the fourth line. Ruining his development thus far. Then they send him to the AHL for cap reasons and he is injured

These guys need clown music playing in the background whenever they explain what they are doing

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
lol who is paying him 2 million? Guys like Sonny Milano can't even get that were on PTOs after scoring 14 goals in 66 games (btw the Oilers should have signed him instead of either Puljujarvi or Yamamoto for 900k).

He'll get about 1 million and only because he was taken 4th overall and had hype around him from like 6 years ago. And even that I would say is a maybe, he could very easily end up in a spot where he has to sign a PTO somewhere.
Let's get back to this topic when Jesse has been signed. Just a shame we can't make a bet.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Let's get back to this topic when Jesse has been signed. Just a shame we can't make a bet.

Who would be the comparable though? Like who's getting 2 million dollars on a multi year extension coming off a season where they paced for 7 goals as a forward? Unless they are like some kind of Ryan Reaves player that brings obvious physicality/fighting to the table.

Sonny Milano got a 3 year extension for just under 2, but he's also got almost double the points Jesse does.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Who would be the comparable though? Like who's getting 2 million dollars on a multi year extension coming off a season where they paced for 7 goals as a forward? Unless they are like some kind of Ryan Reaves player that brings obvious physicality/fighting to the table.

Sonny Milano got a 3 year extension for just under 2, but he's also got almost double the points Jesse does.
I say 1.5 to 2M, you say 1M. We'll see who is right. In the real world goals scored (and expecially goals scored this season) isn't the only factor when determining a player's worth.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2013
I say 1.5 to 2M, you say 1M. We'll see who is right. In the real world goals scored THIS SEASON isn't the only factor when determening a player's worth.
What exactly determines scarecrows worth? The fact he's been a whiny b!+@h his entire time in the NHL?

The guys has been a constant distraction on the team. This is the NHL, not some aspiring underdog made for tv story.

Edit: I know I shouldn't get drawn in to constantly discussing scarecrow, but his presence just irks me. I guess at league minimum we could do worse.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
What exactly determines scarecrows worth? The fact he's been a whiny b!+@h his entire time in the NHL?

The guys has been a constant distraction on the team. This is the NHL, not some aspiring underdog made for tv story.

Edit: I know I shouldn't get drawn in to constantly discussing scarecrow, but his presence just irks me. I guess at league minimum we could do worse.
Time for bed

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
I wouldn't get my hopes up about the league minimum if I were you.

Also he seems to be a "constant distraction" only to handful of haters here at HF. Everything this season indicates Pulju is well liked by his teammates and coach.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I been traveling regular back and fourth the last year and was asked once and wasn't even asked for prove. So unless you have been across your self keep your opinion to your self stop listening to MSM
I cross the border 8-9 times a year and my wife about the same. I did so throughout the pandemic and continue to do so. I am a Canadian that actually lives in the US 5-6 months of the year. So my awareness isn’t opinion or taken “from MSM”, it’s based on experience and knowledge obtained from interacting with Homeland Security, Customs Border Protection and reading current statute so that I am in compliance as a regular traveller (on this and other topics related to residency, taxation etc).

They may not ask and probably won’t, as that is my experience also, but it is still a legal requirement as a Canadian entering the US and if asked you have to positively attest or provide proof of vaccination . I also posted in another thread that it appears this requirement will be sunsetting in the next few months. There’s a lot that I don’t know, but on this matter I am very aware.

1676801497037.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
YES, YES, and YES. I think the problem with Kenny is that when you make $5M /yr, maybe you aren't as frugal as you need to be. Blowing $6M between Yamo and Pulju was NOT necessary. Rem Murray not necessary. Not sure about Demers. But if we had about $7M right now, we could have done some damage a little while ago on trades. Ken may be respected for his patience, but host patience means f all to me. More worried about patience of 97/29. This defence is putrid crap. Nurse should be traded if we could swing it.

Tp add insult to injury, it would have take a pick to unload Pulju. What kind of foreign or management is that?

Good post.
You keep saying Rem Murray. Who TF is REM Murray in this scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad