Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The Karlsson hype is dying down. We’re no longer linked to Chych. Never been linked to Provorov. Ghost rumours surfaced at some point.

There is no f***ing way Holland can look at this defence and think they will give us the best chance at winning the ship.

I’ve always been a fan of Patty Kane but when evaluating team needs, we should be going all in for Karlsson to Chychrun. Anything less would be a bit of a disappointment IMO but I’m fully expecting to be disappointed :laugh:

Rare of me to do this (show optimism), but I did listen to Brad Holland's interview and it brought me maybe a bit of more optimism.

If we got some moneyball F additions for depth, including a PKer, and got Orlov - that'd be fantastic. Keep in mind we didn't hear much about Kulak until the day of the deadline last year. Solid add.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
The Karlsson hype is dying down. We’re no longer linked to Chych. Never been linked to Provorov. Ghost rumours surfaced at some point.

There is no f***ing way Holland can look at this defence and think they will give us the best chance at winning the ship.

I’ve always been a fan of Patty Kane but when evaluating team needs, we should be going all in for Karlsson to Chychrun. Anything less would be a bit of a disappointment IMO but I’m fully expecting to be disappointed :laugh:

After listening to Brad Holland's interview with Stauffer I expect just minor depth additions.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
so like are we in on any defensemen anymore? starting to believe Holland grabs Edmundson for real.

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton
After listening to Brad Holland's interview with Stauffer I expect just minor depth additions.
That’s too bad. You’d think after being a GM in the NHL and managing a hard salary cap for 20 years Ken would know better than to spend 110% of his cap in the summer and save some for the deadline. This team is just simply not good enough for a deep playoff run, even with the two best players in the NHL. Last year was a one off.

Whenever I hear “money in, money out” it boils my blood. It’s like that because your dogshit at your job. Quit being a shitty GM and spending $3 mil a year on bottom 6 wingers and you won’t have that problem. It’s really not rocket science. Blows my f***ing mind how he’s still in the NHL. Ask Red Wings fans what they think about him. He’s always been incapable of managing the cap.

Reactions: Echodek

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Rare of me to do this (show optimism), but I did listen to Brad Holland's interview and it brought me maybe a bit of more optimism.

If we got some moneyball F additions for depth, including a PKer, and got Orlov - that'd be fantastic. Keep in mind we didn't hear much about Kulak until the day of the deadline last year. Solid add.

The thing is, do you really think couple of small forward depth adds and Orlov move the needle enough?

I would take that over nothing but the fact is we need a player that can be better than Nurse. Or at least on par so that Nurse isn’t relied upon to do the heavy lifting night in and night out.

Karlsson and Chychrun do that. Orlov + not sure does.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The thing is, do you really think couple of small forward depth adds and Orlov move the needle enough?

I would take that over nothing but the fact is we need a player that can be better than Nurse. Or at least on par so that Nurse isn’t relied upon to do the heavy lifting night in and night out.

Karlsson and Chychrun do that. Orlov + not sure does.

Chychrun and Nurse are pretty similar level IMO. And, Chych is made of glass. I'm not trying to make him sound bad because I like Chychrun and he'd help us a lot, just the price is gonna cost us more than say, Orlov, and I do think Orlov is a pretty good player himself.

Karlsson does that right now. Of course, he's a groin injury away from his career being back to what it was in the last two years, but if he somehow avoids that, then obviously he elevates. You're just rolling the dice hard.

I'd argue that the penalty kill and goaltending are really the biggest areas of improvement right now if I'm looking at opponents coming up for us to face from the Central. I'm not too worried about Pacific teams.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Non nationals entering the US still legally require to be vaccinated . They just don’t check. So no, this isn’t political or anything other than people asking and providing facts. Get informed.
I been traveling regular back and fourth the last year and was asked once and wasn't even asked for prove. So unless you have been across your self keep your opinion to your self stop listening to MSM

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Wouldn’t it be something if the Oilers never did have interest in Karlsson, but because of some “insiders” speculation, and every other sports pundit embracing the notion, that Holland feels pressured to make the move. lol

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
And the guys who get orgasms over jp love status quo junk players. Just settle for that.. Nevermind trying to get somebody who can contribute more than Casper the ghost

I want somebody who can skate and actually play hockey without looking like a ten year old boy

Somebody who's temmattea don't have to talk to in the playoffs to up their intensity

For a great defensive player, isn't he the worst plus minus on this team

This made no sense. You do you

Marek and Friedman said Bertuzzi unlikely with Detroits recent push

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Chychrun and Nurse are pretty similar level IMO. And, Chych is made of glass. I'm not trying to make him sound bad because I like Chychrun and he'd help us a lot, just the price is gonna cost us more than say, Orlov, and I do think Orlov is a pretty good player himself.

Karlsson does that right now. Of course, he's a groin injury away from his career being back to what it was in the last two years, but if he somehow avoids that, then obviously he elevates. You're just rolling the dice hard.

I'd argue that the penalty kill and goaltending are really the biggest areas of improvement right now if I'm looking at opponents coming up for us to face from the Central. I'm not too worried about Pacific teams.

Nurse and Chychrun aren’t even remotely similar. Chrycrun is a far superior rush defender (Nurse is close to the bottom of the league). Chychrun is also far superior in zone exits. Just to add, Chychrun is much better offensively as well. Chychrun comes here and he is the number 1 defenseman. Part of me thinks the Oilers management don’t want that due to how badly they would look having given Nurse that contract. Add to that any contract extension for Chychrun would start at 9.25

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
You haven't been paying attention. He wants outsw1 and Holland won't pay him as a top six winger where PJ sees himself.
I am pretty sure I have been paying a great deal of attention in Pulju's relationship with the Oil. My understanding is that Pulju has done what has been asked from him, has accepted a bottom 6 role and likes the city.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nurse and Chychrun aren’t even remotely similar. Chrycrun is a far superior rush defender (Nurse is close to the bottom of the league). Chychrun is also far superior in zone exits. Just to add, Chychrun is much better offensively as well. Chychrun comes here and he is the number 1 defenseman. Part of me thinks the Oilers management don’t want that due to how badly they would look having given Nurse that contract. Add to that any contract extension for Chychrun would start at 9.25

I mean, I said similar level, because as players they are much different. I'd rather have Chychrun myself - and also I think Nurse's play has definitely slipped to make this less close than it was (Nurse used to be so good at rush D, but now he backs up all the time, what happened!)

Obviously this year, Chychrun has played at a different level. In the past, he's been worse than Nurse, or equal. This year, and only using this year, Chychrun has been a beast, offensively especially. Playing motivated to get the hell out of there.

The main reasons why the Oilers don't like Chychrun seem to be a poor player evaluation (thinking he's bad defensively when D rates suggest he's simply average, which isn't a problem) and because the Coyotes either want Broberg back or won't take back additional salary.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023

Haahhaahahhaahahha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

Not really too concerned with the oot based on this. Not their year anyway at this rate.

My gut tells me Ken will play it safe to run the clock as long as he can for his own paycheck.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

Not really too concerned with the oot based on this. Not their year anyway at this rate.

My gut tells me Ken will play it safe to run the clock as long as he can for his own paycheck.

I think we will make a splash but it seems like there are real insiders right now

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Lol un true, traveled there many times. They don't even ask
As I posted earlier to someone else, this response is BS. They don't ask every time we go over, but last Saturday for example, US Customs asked again. Driving across the US border dozens and dozens of times per year, my guess is we have been asked at least 10 times this past year. Although, last Saturday we brought my Mother in Law, THAT would have been the time to lie and say not her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad