Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Trades at the Draft Do You See Holland Making?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Looking at Gibson's game log this past year is hilarious.

Faced 40+ shots on the regular and three 50+ shot games (one at 59 shots!), Gibson somehow won 2/3 50+ shot games, lol.

Dallas Eakins is such a f***ing bum strategy wise, that's just an embarrassment to hang your goalie out like that. I think this dude can still play, he needs to get outta that gong show.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
LA basically got to buy out Peterson without the long term cap penalty, it's a smart play. They only have to retain on Provorov for a couple of years, if they bought out Peterson, it's a 4 year cap penalty. So they got the cap relief similar to a buy out without the long term penalty of a buy out. Teams are getting smarter in terms of cap utilization and creativity.

Reactions: Patch101

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Well we are trying for Hart lol and we got Ekholm last trade deadline. So I'm not sure how Holland is holding his lun.

Not sure why so many fans got to attack Holland all the time lol. He's been the best GM we've had for so long

Fans attack him because, outside of a few moves, has been credited with success that is 100% due to McDavid and Draisaitl becoming generational. This doesn’t happen in the modern NHL and Holland hasn’t been able to capitalize. Right up until this year- the team decreasing GF% when 97/29 weren’t on the ice since Chiarelli’s last year. 97/29 just started scoring more. This year was the first year under Holland the bottom 6 held their head above water.

He was also wanting to sign Tippett to an extension and let Woodcroft walk- he said so in his press conference. Hyman was a player Brad Holland pushed for. Nuge milked him for an overpay and he thought he was getting a discount. Refuses to build an analytics dept. imagine if McDavid and Draisaitl were just normal superstars like Mack and Rantanan- where would this team be then?

what has Adin Hill done prior to this playoffs? goalies are voodoo

No they aren’t. That’s an old wives tale. Hill had solid numbers wherever he has played. This year he had Sean Burke to train with. Lol- massive difference with the Oilers- Vegas went through 5 goalies this year and they all played pretty consistently Well under Burke. Oilers have Schwartz and goalies keep shitting the bed

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fans attack him because, outside of a few moves, has been credited with success that is 100% due to McDavid and Draisaitl becoming generational. This doesn’t happen in the modern NHL and Holland hasn’t been able to capitalize. Right up until this year- the team decreasing GF% when 97/29 weren’t on the ice since Chiarelli’s last year. 97/29 just started scoring more. This year was the first year under Holland the bottom 6 held their head above water.

He was also wanting to sign Tippett to an extension and let Woodcroft walk- he said so in his press conference. Hyman was a player Brad Holland pushed for. Nuge milked him for an overpay and he thought he was getting a discount. Refuses to build an analytics dept. imagine if McDavid and Draisaitl were just normal superstars like Mack and Rantanan- where would this team be then?

You saw what MacK and Rantanen are when they get comparable help to McDavid and Draisaitl ... 1st round exit to Seattle.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
LA was able to trade Cal Peterson...for a 2nd rounder and Walker?!
And Helge Grans, a 6'3 RHD prospect they took in the early 2nd round.

Philly is going to use both of those players in the NHL next season and both are legitimate NHLers.

LA just spent about two 1sts worth of trade capital to sign Gavrikov.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Campbell, Yams, 2024 and 2025 first, Bourgault

For

Hart, Konecny (25% retained)

Actually saves us money, makes our goaltending better and gives us another legit top 6 player (who can play RW)

It also depleats our future assets (essentially 3 firsts) but we get players with term/team control

Reactions: McTonyBrar

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Is probably close to what the cost would be. I think trying to trade Campbell would be very expensive at this point.

If this trade went through, it would probably backfire on us though. Maybe I am too pessimistic though.
This would be so dumb . Hart's not a big enough upgrade to use broberg to dump Campbell.

Reactions: aspin3

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And Helge Grans, a 6'3 RHD prospect they took in the early 2nd round.

Philly is going to use both of those players in the NHL next season and both are legitimate NHLers.

LA just spent about two 1sts worth of trade capital to sign Gavrikov.

Helge Grans ... with his whopping (checks notes) 2 goals in 59 AHL games last year and a -8. If that dude is playing regular shifts in the NHL next year Philly should just admit they're full on tanking, which I guess they are.

Reactions: McDoused

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Helleybuch is gonna be looking for around 9 million a year long term and most likely gets it maybe even cracks 10 a year. He is gonna be expensive as fack. I don't think they is any value in having goalies on massive cap hits, like se have said they are straight voodoo

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Helleybuch is gonna be looking for around 9 million a year long term and most likely gets it maybe even cracks 10 a year. He is gonna be expensive as fack. I don't think they is any value in having goalies on massive cap hits, like se have said they are straight voodoo
Like any player if you are good you get paid. So goalies that get paid have a track record. We do not put a priority on them in the draft and we do not put a priority on them to go after a true big fishes, Thus we get exactly what we deserve. Sitting at home and wondering how a team like vegas who should not be better than us wins the cup.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I think he wants to win, the thing is you can take advantage of his 8 year rights to bring his cap hit down.

So you could do

9/9/9/9/9/6/4.5/4.5

Which brings the cap hit down to 6.75 million.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Like any player if you are good you get paid. So goalies that get paid have a track record. We do not put a priority on them in the draft and we do not put a priority on them to go after a true big fishes, Thus we get exactly what we deserve. Sitting at home and wondering how a team like vegas who should not be better than us wins the cup.
Look at all the goalies who got paid big money they all went to shit including price.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Helge Grans ... with his whopping (checks notes) 2 goals in 59 AHL games last year and a -8. If that dude is playing regular shifts in the NHL next year Philly should just admit they're full on tanking, which I guess they are.
Not talking about Grans. I was talking about the cap dumps. Prior to this year, Peterson was a goalie you would've suggested had 'sneaky good stats' on the years leading upto his lucrative extension.

Sean Walker is a legitimate second pair right shot defenseman. Grans is a legitimate prospect. Also not one that you measure by goal production.

The Flyers took some cap on, but they got compensated handsomely to carry two legitimate NHL players. All it did for LA was give them the flexibility to re-sign Gavrikov. And my guess is it's going to be costly.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not talking about Grans. I was talking about the cap dumps. Prior to this year, Peterson was a goalie you would've suggested had 'sneaky good stats' on the years leading upto his lucrative extension.

Sean Walker is a legitimate second pair right shot defenseman. Grans is a legitimate prospect. Also not one that you measure by goal production.

The Flyers took some cap on, but they got compensated handsomely to carry two legitimate NHL players. All it did for LA was give them the flexibility to re-sign Gavrikov. And my guess is it's going to be costly.

Think LA has bigger aspirations than that. Helleybuck or Gibson. They want to be where Vegas is now next season, not wait 2-3 years.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Think LA has bigger aspirations than that. Helleybuck or Gibson. They want to be where Vegas is now.
Having a 10 million dollar goalie gets them to where Vegas is?

ADIN HILL is their goalie in net.

Is he up to their level? LMAO

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I thought it was a good deal for all teams involved?

Colimbus gets the best player in the deal at 4.75M.

Philly gets a 1st, two 2nds, prospect and two warm bodies that they might be able to turn into something later.

LA clears 5.625M in cap space that they need for a new goaltender and Gavrikov.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Having a 10 million dollar goalie gets them to where Vegas is?

ADIN HILL is their goalie in net.

Is he up to their level? LMAO

Hellebuyck gives them a good chance to get past the Oilers, then factor in Vegas will have the dreaded post Cup run grind and exhaustion on them, I mean next year would be a good year for them to go for it.

Because really if they just want to sign Vilardi and Gavrikov, they should be able to do that just by moving Iafallo, who shouldn't even be that hard to move (he's a useful player). Think they are going big with something by making this move.

I don't think Hellebuyck will require 10 million to sign either.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So do 31 other teams. What does this even mean?

Just go cheer for the kings until Edmonton beats them for a 3rd straight year.

Yeah but I think they're actually willing to pay a big price to get there and have a good enough team already to plausibly pull it off. Every team wants that shit, most haven't put in the work and aren't willing to pay the price to get there though.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Hes a legitimate second pairing d the same way Ceci is a legit top pairing d which to say he isn't. Grans will be a career ahler and the second is a mystery box.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Probably can move Iafallo + Byfield for like Hellebuyck (retained), that would make it work, and then they have plenty of cap space the following year.
They would need to add a fair bit I suspect to get that deal. Moreover, after that trade they would have 17 contracts and probably only about $2M or so.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They would need to add a fair bit I suspect to get that deal. Moreover, after that trade they would have 17 contracts and probably only about $2M or so.

I mean Byfield is a no.2 overall pick ... looks like no chance Hellebuyck wants to stay in Winnipeg and his contract is expiring ... they'd be dumb not to take that and run, although sure LA could throw a pick in on top of that.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I think he wants to win, the thing is you can take advantage of his 8 year rights to bring his cap hit down.

So you could do

9/9/9/9/9/6/4.5/4.5

Which brings the cap hit down to 6.75 million.
Helleybuch makes just over 6 now cap hit lolol u think he only gonna get a 10 percent bump on his cap hit lololol

He is probably top 3 goalie in the league. And 30 this is his last pay day he cashing in. Minimum 8 mill capp hit I assume

Reactions: belair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad