Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Trades at the Draft Do You See Holland Making?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Glorified Steve Staios.

You’re such a waste of time.

I don’t think Nurse is a “great” player. I think he’s a very good player who is overpaid. No, unfortunately he can’t turn a 4-5 dman into a top pairing dman. He’s never been that guy. He never should have gotten the idiotic contract he did. But he’s much harder to replace than you’re suggesting regardless of being overpaid.
Is he really though? We brought in Ekholm who was better, and he made Bouchard better too. We've had Nurse for 8 seasons now, he is what he is. Maybe he's really good in the room, I don't know, but he was downright abysmal against Vegas, punctuated by an easily avoidable suspension ahead of a critical game 5. Nurse doesn't take over games, he doesn't put the team on his back or drag his team into the fight. He's a decent defenseman but that's all he's ever going to be.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Regarding the Carter Hart rumour - he's an RFA. I'm not a cap/salary expert but I believe his qualifying offer would have to be over what he makes now - $4,500,000+ No thanks. Could they be banking on a Campbell recovery in Philly? Yams?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Regarding the Carter Hart rumour - he's an RFA. I'm not a cap/salary expert but I believe his qualifying offer would have to be over what he makes now - $4,500,000+ No thanks. Could they be banking on a Campbell recovery in Philly? Yams?
Lol you'd rather keep Campbell for another 4 years for 5 million man? No Thanks

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Well philly just got cal Peterson so they aren't taking in another goalie, I don't see us getting Hart unless a 3rd team is involved.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yikes calm down. So what’s your solution then? Pass it off to yet another GM? Also our series against Vegas was not as uneven as some think

Then should we just hire another GM again?

Lol and why’s that?

And Anarchism, I apologize for calling you ignorant but I did not mean it in such a harsh way so calm down man

They didn’t hire the right GM in the first place.

And you shouldn’t call anyone ignorant based on your totally biased viewpoint and unwillingness to listen to anyone else regardless of evidence they present (usually because you don’t understand it)

McYams, what specific indicators give you this sense?

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anything other than blazing speed in the guy. Just seems like a generic/dime a dozen utility 4th liner but I’d love you to be right though. Breakout season by someone making league average would be a huge win.

I’m with you Brentashton. Don’t see much of anything from McLeod and sense an overpay coming just because they have fallen in love with their own pick…again

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
He brought in a few decent goaltenders.

Vernon
Hasek
Cujo
Osgood
Cheveldae
Legase- underrated
Mrazek
Howard

A few awesome goaltenders and a few that were solid enough to get the job done.
Anyone remotely good was pre cap ear.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Is he really though? We brought in Ekholm who was better, and he made Bouchard better too. We've had Nurse for 8 seasons now, he is what he is. Maybe he's really good in the room, I don't know, but he was downright abysmal against Vegas, punctuated by an easily avoidable suspension ahead of a critical game 5. Nurse doesn't take over games, he doesn't put the team on his back or drag his team into the fight. He's a decent defenseman but that's all he's ever going to be.
The oilers are not good 5 on 5! is hollered from the roof tops.

Nurse plus 26, plus 18 the year before, plus 27 the year before. Best plus on the team and facing the best players on the other team the vast majority of the time.

He provides more than decent offense with not a lot of pp time.

He provides toughness.

He's a hell of a lot more valuable than people are postulating. He makes too much money, that is on hollands puke negotiating ability.

Reactions: barry halls

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Good management is such a cheat code in the NHL, the best management groups are probably Vegas, Colorado, and Tampa Bay (Yzerman era), and guess who's won the last 3 Cups and the which way the 4th one is going.

We chose Tyler Benson (3 career points for the Oilers) over Debrincat even though we knew 100% he had great chemistry with McDavid.

200w.gif

2016 draft will go down as one of the biggest disasters in Oilers drafting history.
That was a dark day and ultimately what got Stu MacGregor fired.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
How much will LA have to pay to dump Petersen to Philly?

LA is going after Helly

I’ll probably be roasted on this, and hopefully I do because I don’t think we make any change. But I don’t see us winning with skinner/Campbell unless skinner makes a big step forward.

I like skinner but he was victimized in the playoffs.

I would do whatever to get Hellebuyck on this team.

LA just cleared space for Hellebuyck

Reactions: soothsayer

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hart would be cool but no idea how to make it work under the cap

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

I mean Hart would be an upgrade. Butc someone said he trains with Schwartz so of we get hart Schwartz stays fml that's brutal.

TBH I have a hard on for Gibson for whatever reason and think that should b the target of we goalie shopping.....

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This got my attention. Would take Broberg plus Campbell imo.
I don’t think that gets you rid of Campbells 5 million hit for the next 4 years. I don’t say that as a Campbell hater, I just think a first pick needs to be attached for a team to take that hit. And I wouldn’t trade Broberg for Hart straight across then. That being the case, I go with the Skinner/Soup platoon next year , but Woodshaft better be more in tune with the state of goaltending when it matters.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That was a dark day and ultimately what got Stu MacGregor fired.
Mcgregor got fired just a few days before the 2015 draft by Chiarelli

He'd been gone a year when the Oilers went in and had their disastrous 2016 draft, which was run by Bob Green who has worked under Tyler Wright since 2019.

• Haha
Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I mean Hart would be an upgrade. Butc someone said he trains with Schwartz so of we get hart Schwartz stays fml that's brutal.

TBH I have a hard on for Gibson for whatever reason and think that should b the target of we goalie shopping.....

Well no matter which goalie comes in, they will most likely train with Schwartz anyway

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Will they even have enough? They're in the process of signing Gavrikov to a 3 year 6.5 mill deal
I don't know man. I am used to seeing other Gm's just get sh** done while ours holds onto his lun

Hart is like a top 10 goalie 5 on 5

Their Pk screwed his numbers up a lot.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I could see Philly taking on Campbell if we gave them enough assets for their rebuild. Broberg makes sense now that they have traded Provorov.

Broberg, Campbell and 2024 1st for Carter Hart? Is that too much?

The hope for philly is that campbell bounces back and increases his value at some point to bring back even more assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad