Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Trades at the Draft Do You See Holland Making?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I could see Philly taking on Campbell if we gave them enough assets for their rebuild. Broberg makes sense now that they have traded Provorov.

Broberg, Campbell and 2024 1st for Carter Hart? Is that too much?

The hope for philly is that campbell bounces back and increases his value at some point to bring back even more assets.

Is probably close to what the cost would be. I think trying to trade Campbell would be very expensive at this point.

If this trade went through, it would probably backfire on us though. Maybe I am too pessimistic though.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know man. I am used to seeing other Gm's just get sh** done while ours holds onto his lun

Hart is like a top 10 goalie 5 on 5

Their Pk screwed his numbers up a lot.
Well we are trying for Hart lol and we got Ekholm last trade deadline. So I'm not sure how Holland is holding his lun.

Not sure why so many fans got to attack Holland all the time lol. He's been the best GM we've had for so long

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I could see Philly taking on Campbell if we gave them enough assets for their rebuild. Broberg makes sense now that they have traded Provorov.

Broberg, Campbell and 2024 1st for Carter Hart? Is that too much?

The hope for philly is that campbell bounces back and increases his value at some point to bring back even more assets.
I'd be curious what actual GM's value Hart at.

Same with Gibson really.

Reactions: McDoused

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If you want guys who are happy to hear that Babcock is their new coach, players coming off a season in Philly is definitely a good choice. I bet Provorov is a happy man today considering who he gets to leave behind :laugh:

Curious that they would consider trading Hart though. Would rather see Edmonton make a pitch for Helly or Gibson, but I get the sense both would rather head to or stay in the states, so Hart might be the more optimal choice for the Oilers. Some mild concern about his inconsistency issues though, would hate to find out after they paid a ton to get him that it wasn't just Philly's inability to build a decent team.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Is he really though? We brought in Ekholm who was better, and he made Bouchard better too. We've had Nurse for 8 seasons now, he is what he is. Maybe he's really good in the room, I don't know, but he was downright abysmal against Vegas, punctuated by an easily avoidable suspension ahead of a critical game 5. Nurse doesn't take over games, he doesn't put the team on his back or drag his team into the fight. He's a decent defenseman but that's all he's ever going to be.
I'm glad I don't hate something as much as you hate Darnell Nurse

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They've made 2 Stanley Cup finals and 3 Conference Finals in 6 years, likely with a Cup win included. That seems like a lot to crow about and it's largely due to their A level pro scouting.

Not all of their trades have been positives but they've built rosters that consistently contend in the playoffs without the gifts of generational players that the Oilers have because they're never resting on their laurels, are always looking to improve through proactive moves.
I think it has a lot more to do with the rules of the expansion draft and their desirability as a location for players.

As I said their pro scouts have made some solid choices, but they were not really doing so in a way that other teams had the option to duplicate. From the expansion draft they got both Smith and Marchessault for a 4th round pick, Theodore for nothing. They got Karlsson for selecting Clayton Stoner. Minnesota gave them Tuch, a key piece in getting Eichel and Haula for a 3rd. Pittsburgh gave them both Fleury and a 2nd for free. They also got Carrier. They then had Stone, Eichel and AP pretty much choose them. Who are the main additions since then that required sharp professional scouts?

Like Seattle, Vegas had a massive head start.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Mcgregor got fired just a few days before the 2015 draft by Chiarelli

He'd been gone a year when the Oilers went in and had their disastrous 2016 draft, which was run by Bob Green who has worked under Tyler Wright since 2019.
You're right. It was Green.

Reactions: Tarus

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If you want guys who are happy to hear that Babcock is their new coach, players coming off a season in Philly is definitely a good choice. I bet Provorov is a happy man today considering who he gets to leave behind :laugh:

Curious that they would consider trading Hart though. Would rather see Edmonton make a pitch for Helly or Gibson, but I get the sense both would rather head to or stay in the states, so he might be the more optimal choice for the Oilers. Some mild concern about his inconsistency issues though, would hate to find out after they paid a ton to get him that it wasn't just Philly's inability to build a decent team.

I don't see why either player would want to come here.

We can't afford Hellebyuck and he's going to go to an American team probably a team like Carolina. We can't afford to dump Campbell and pay the price for Hellebyuck. We also would be getting him as a rental as we can't afford the 7-8M+ contract waiting for him.

Same with Gibson, why wouldn't he want to play for his hometown team in Pittsburgh instead? His acquisition cost would be lower but why does Anaheim take on the Cambell contract? They won't unless you make it worth their while. Is he really the goaltender you want to overpay for when his contract is arguably worse than Campbells?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If L.A. gets Hellebuyck you just at some point probably have to admit other front offices just want it more.

Even Gibson would be a big time add.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm glad I don't hate something as much as you hate Darnell Nurse
Honestly just ignore him. It's crazy how much he hates him. He gets his happiness by hating someone

If L.A. gets Hellebuyck you just at some point probably have to admit other front offices just want it more.

Even Gibson would be a big time add.
Yeah umm bud maybe those players want to go to the US? You know they are human beings right? Not robots?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Honestly just ignore him. It's crazy how much he hates him. He gets his happiness by hating someone

Yeah umm bud maybe those players want to go to the US? You know they are human beings right? Not robots?

Well that's who we're competing against, if the Oilers didn't realize they're in Canada and need to be that much better, than it just is what it is.

Hard to compete against markets that are that hungry to win and have the location advantage although I'm sure other teams would say "bullshit, stop crying, you got McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH gift wrapped to you". So I don't think other fanbases have any sympathy on that count.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How is Gibson a big time add.

His contract status is almost on the same level as Campbells imo. I'll never understand what people see in Gibson.
To him, any player is a big time add until they have had one season with Edmonton. Then, it's doom and gloom, Oilers suck, Our GM sucks, Every other team is better etc etc.

Well that's who we're competing against, if the Oilers didn't realize they're in Canada and need to be that much better, than it just is what it is.

Hard to compete against markets that are that hungry and have the location advantage although I'm sure other teams would say "bullshit, stop crying, you got McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH gift wrapped to you".
Yeah okay whatever you say Soundwave. I don't think anymore cares about what your saying at this point. You're just relishing off of this.

Reactions: brentashton

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To him, any player is a big time add until they have had one season with Edmonton. Then, it's doom and gloom, Oilers suck, Our GM sucks, Every other team is better etc etc.

Yeah okay whatever you say Soundwave. I don't think anymore cares about what your saying at this point. You're just relishing off of this.

What has Jack Campbell done in his career to be considered a "big time add"?

How many years has he even been a starter in this league? 1 year? And in that year he melted down for like 3 months and had to be sent home to get his head together? How many playoff rounds has he won in his career? Fair to ask how this guy even got a 5 year contract with such a limited track record.

At least Gibson has had 4 strong years in the league before Eakins tanked the franchise.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I'm guessing that Korpisalo (An upcoming UFA) has asked for too much $ and LA is exploring other options ?
He let in 16 goals in the final 3 games of their playoffs, including a 4th game collapse when the Kings could have put Edmonton on the ropes. Edmonton was picking him apart by the end of the series.

They would be stupid to throw back in with Korpse after that performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
What has Jack Campbell done in his career to be considered a "big time add"?

How many years has he even been a starter in this league? 1 year? And in that year he melted down for like 3 months and had to be sent home to get his head together? How many playoff rounds has he won in his career? Fair to ask how this guy even got a 5 year contract with such a limited track record.

At least Gibson has had 4 strong years in the league before Eakins tanked the franchise.
what has Adin Hill done prior to this playoffs? goalies are voodoo

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
what has Adin Hill done prior to this playoffs? goalies are voodoo

I don't think he's getting a 5 x 5 contract even after this year's playoffs.

He let in 16 goals in the final 3 games of their playoffs, including a 4th game collapse when the Kings could have put Edmonton on the ropes. Edmonton was picking him apart by the end of the series.

They would be stupid to throw back in with Korpse after that performance.

Yup they will probably be looking to upgrade, the way they sent Petersen's ass packing probably is an indication they're not f***ing around.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well no matter which goalie comes in, they will most likely train with Schwartz anyway
1686092573795.jpeg

But you are correct.

Reactions: foshizzle

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Whats not to like about the worst statistical goalie from the past 5 years at a big cap hit for the next like 5 years?

Gibson had strong numbers every year in the league for multiple years until they hired Dallas Eakins. What a totally unrelated coincidence.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Hard to compete against markets that are that hungry to win and have the location advantage although I'm sure other teams would say "bullshit, stop crying, you got McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH gift wrapped to you". So I don't think other fanbases have any sympathy on that count.
Once they sign Gavrikov and Vialardi they won't have much cap space left.

Reactions: McDoused

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Once they sign Gavrikov and Vialardi they won't have much cap space left.

Probably can move Iafallo + Byfield for like Hellebuyck (retained), that would make it work, and then they have plenty of cap space the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad