Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Trades at the Draft Do You See Holland Making?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I’ll probably be roasted on this, and hopefully I do because I don’t think we make any change. But I don’t see us winning with skinner/Campbell unless skinner makes a big step forward.

I like skinner but he was victimized in the playoffs.

I would do whatever to get Hellebuyck on this team.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What the hell is going on with HFboards? We can't even open friggin links

Stauffer continues to fawn over Konecny hinting at Oilers liking him in front of Seravalli while Seravalli says Philly is going to completely tear itself apart this Summer.

Hmmm...

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Oh man I've been shouting Konecny from the rooftops all year, would be costly but I think is an ideal pickup.

Stauffer continues to fawn over Konecny hinting at Oilers liking him in front of Seravalli while Seravalli says Philly is going to completely tear itself apart this Summer.

Hmmm...

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Oh man I've been shouting Konecny from the rooftops all year, would be costly but I think is an ideal pickup.

Hmmm...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's not like every move they made has come up roses. They basically got 1 1/2 solid but not exceptional years out of Pacioretty at the cost of Nick Suzuki. The trade for Eichel cost them Tuch who just put up a season with 36 goals and 79 points in 74 games, a 16th overall pick and Krebs. And that was with basically no competition and for a player who could well have ended up medically unable to play up to nearly the level needed to make the deal a winner.

Stepehenson is really the only gem in the three players you mention. Amadio is on his 4th team and while he may well be on a bit of a hot run he's still pretty much a 4th line kind of guy who may as a result of his play in the playoffs get more attention than he deserves. Roy is solid but Vegas tends to shoot a lot and hope for a few hits. They have had a lot of guys come and go without ver doing anythong much to crow about.
They've made 2 Stanley Cup finals and 3 Conference Finals in 6 years, likely with a Cup win included. That seems like a lot to crow about and it's largely due to their A level pro scouting.

Not all of their trades have been positives but they've built rosters that consistently contend in the playoffs without the gifts of generational players that the Oilers have because they're never resting on their laurels, are always looking to improve through proactive moves.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Pretty much yeah, Holland has rarely been able to find goaltending even in his hey days. Got Hasek when Hasek was like a senior citizen, but generally Holland is a GM that doesn't find goalies because he lived the charmed life of having Nik Lidstrom solidify his blue line for years.
He brought in a few decent goaltenders.

Vernon
Hasek
Cujo
Osgood
Cheveldae
Legase- underrated
Mrazek
Howard

A few awesome goaltenders and a few that were solid enough to get the job done.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And yet he and Ceci were absolutely caved by Vegas. Nurse should be elevating his partner, shouldn’t he? And then there’s the Nurse-isms that happen every game: bad icings, poor passes, losing his head in key moments… I certainly agree we should upgrade on Ceci but Nurse has never elevated his game come playoff time.

Nurse may be “the best” D on the team (I don’t think he is), but would you call him a great D man? I mean if he’s that good then trading him should net something of value, right? We have seen this player for basically a decade now and he’s a glorified Staios. He had his chance to make an impact and in the final game he puts up a -3. Regular season means little when you’re on the wrong end of a beat down come playoff time.
Glorified Steve Staios.

You’re such a waste of time.

I don’t think Nurse is a “great” player. I think he’s a very good player who is overpaid. No, unfortunately he can’t turn a 4-5 dman into a top pairing dman. He’s never been that guy. He never should have gotten the idiotic contract he did. But he’s much harder to replace than you’re suggesting regardless of being overpaid.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hart would be awesome. Great goalie brought up way too soon and on a terrible team.

Please no stat replies, cuz his stats are completely irrelevant without context and I doubt many here have that context

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
More of a glorified Jason Smith maybe? We're stuck with him, but imagine if Holland could unload that contract. It's the Oilers way. Stuck with atrocious contracts. Campbell being the other. Hope to God the cap goes up the rumored 8sh mill in two years
Glorified Steve Staios.

You’re such a waste of time.

I don’t think Nurse is a “great” player. I think he’s a very good player who is overpaid. No, unfortunately he can’t turn a 4-5 dman into a top pairing dman. He’s never been that guy. He never should have gotten the idiotic contract he did. But he’s much harder to replace than you’re suggesting regardless of being overpaid.

Carter Hart is super meh. Overrated from his junior days. Hasn’t accomplished much as a pro.
What is ten levels under super meh? That's what we had in the playoffs lol

Reactions: kurtcobang

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
What we saw from Cody Ceci was an elevated player. Nurse makes Ceci better, Ceci makes Nurse worse. And Ceci's flaws are magnified against a good forechecking team who targets his corner. This is two years of WOWY

Screenshot-2023-06-06-at-14-38-36-Line-Stats-Natural-Stat-Trick.png

This is the playoffs (holy shit):

Screenshot-2023-06-06-at-14-37-57-Line-Stats-Natural-Stat-Trick.png

The only way that makes sense to me is if Philadelphia likes Jack Campbell enough that the trade doesn't involve a huge asset flush. Obviously trading Skinner, who played a level that Hart hasn't in several years, isn't a thing that's gonna happen here.

Running Hart and Skinner, prioritizing the hotter hand, makes about as much sense as anything else these days. Goaltending is more unreliable than ever and there are maybe 3 guys who you can actually count on consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad