Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Bowman officially coming.

God damn it.
No way.

giphy.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd almost look for a GM that has strong ties to the NCAA or Europe.

Someone that understands those programs to help us first of all identify players from those leagues and then second of all bring those players in. Whether it's at draft age or free agent age.

Not going to be your regular day to day type of GM, so might as well try bring someone in to help us seek talent from places we haven't exactly had the best results.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Lol who cares! JJ has done everything right so far. Maybe he knows something we don't. Hope he's right but people saying they won't watch McDavid because of the new GM are crazy. Everyone loves to hate!

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

The dramatic narrative, pronounced via Gary and the Board of Governors, news officially delivered by their number one stooge.

Utterly abysmal, he should know no peace from fans until he resigns

Let the dominoes fall.

Lol who cares! JJ has done everything right so far. Maybe he knows something we don't. Hope he's right but people saying they won't watch McDavid because of the new GM are crazy. Everyone loves to hate!

The counter point.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
A great offseason all down the drain. This season went from must watch to easy skip for me.

Don't you think you are over-reacting? I mean, yes, the Kyle Beach incident wasn't good, but if you read the amount of work he put into correcting himself (I read tons of things he did in his time being suspended, as well as Quennville and they definitely did more positive than negative), and trying to better himself, isn't that something to consider as well? Is he perfect? no. But there must be a reason for the Oilers organization going with him. I can't see them passing over every possible stone to see what would be the best fit for this team, and to say "I'm gonna throw this season away", just shows how much of a fan you and others over-reacting really are.

Am I happy about Bowman? It's to be determined for me. But I never would ditch my team because of an incident we don't know much of and I will not over-react on any situation that happened in the past.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Don't you think you are over-reacting? I mean, yes, the Kyle Beach incident wasn't good, but if you read the amount of work he put into correcting himself (I read tons of things he did in his time being suspended, as well as Quennville and they definitely did more positive than negative), and trying to better himself, isn't that something to consider as well? Is he perfect? no. But there must be a reason for the Oilers organization going with him. I can't see them passing over every possible stone to see what would be the best fit for this team, and to say "I'm gonna throw this season away", just shows how much of a fan you and others over-reacting really are.

No.

I feel like what he did doesn't warrant him a second chance in the NHL.

Reactions: ChasinWaterfalls

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

It seemed pretty clear that Wirtz was an old school type of geezer and his direction for the org was buck up Man Up quit screwing with my toys.

Quenneville was “in the room where it happened”, figuratively speaking, and Bowman is somewhere in between these 2 dudes.

At the end of the day, I feel he’s somewhat less culpable than others but also he could have done more and if necessary extricated himself from the situation (he was really like 3rd on the chain with involved ownership and POHO and other execs).

Ultimately, I dont know that his track record justifies jumping through hoops. He must have interviewed well. Planarian for Saad is garbage, and the beach situation is garbage. Hard to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad