Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
The coach and the GM decide if he plays. Kind of sounds like a bit of a cop-out. Holland appeared to want him to play as the playoffs were in doubt.

Now this coming season may be a different story. Perhaps this is where the surgery questions are now raised.

The coach and GM can decide if they want to play Evander Kane but they can't force him on LTIR.

I think you can see how quickly this could become a problem is Knob/Jackson decide to "healthy scratch" Kane. Like it or not, Kane has leverage on the Oilers and historically complained when not given the ice-time and quality of linemates he thinks he deserves. It's actually pretty crazy how Kane will "blame" everything and everyone but himself. I hope for everyone's sake he figures it out because we need a player like him.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The coach and GM can decide if they want to play Evander Kane but they can't force him on LTIR.

I think you can see how quickly this could become a problem is Knob/Jackson decide to "healthy scratch" Kane. Like it or not, Kane has leverage on the Oilers and historically complained when not given the ice-time and quality of linemates he thinks he deserves. It's actually pretty crazy how Kane will "blame" everything and everyone but himself. I hope for everyone's sake he figures it out because we need a player like him.
Since he has joined the Oilers what has he blamed on anyone?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I don't think Larsson is the right partner for Nurse either sadly. I would love to have him as a pair for Broberg though.

I think he would help stabilize Nurse in terms of his defensive play. I don't see them being great together offensively, but we could do a lot worse than Larsson.

Since he has joined the Oilers what has he blamed on anyone?

Last year he complained about his lack of opportunity when he was pushed further down the lineup.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I feel like we’ve seen Nurse-Larsson the first go around and it wasn’t great. Maybe I’m remembering wrong though.
Larsson makes the entire team better, but you're right, Nurse needs someone that can move the puck, but that could be Stetcher or Barrie much more easily if you had Larsson and Bouchard about them.

Reactions: McDoused

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Why stuck on Larsson? Like a potato head trying to find the dick attachment.

There are more players in this league and Larsson isn't a particularly good puck retriever or puck mover. The two f***ing things needed in a partner for Nurse.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I feel like we’ve seen Nurse-Larsson the first go around and it wasn’t great. Maybe I’m remembering wrong though.

It wasn’t good from what I remember either. Nurse plays better when he has someone that can move the puck and he doesn’t try to do everything himself. Larsson is not that guy.

I could see Nurse - Bouchard being okay now that Bouchard is elite and maybe Larsson with Ekholm. Problem is, you’re breaking up a great pairing just to try to fit a guy onto the team

Even without considering the personal reasons for Larsson never being back, I’d look elsewhere

Reactions: Cloned

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why stuck on Larsson? Like a potato head trying to find the dick attachment.

There are more players in this league and Larsson isn't a particularly good puck retriever or puck mover. The two f***ing things needed in a partner for nurse.
Even for you this is pretty stupid.

People like Larsson because Larsson is good at hockey and fit in here well.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Even for you this is pretty stupid.

People like Larsson because Larsson is good at hockey and fit in here well.
No. Larsson isn't good at these two aspects of hockey, puck retrieval and puck movement.

Nurse needs as a partner someone who can retrieve the puck and move the puck.

Why don't you f***ing learn something about hockey?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hall's under construction house has a better chance of being finished then Larsson being an Oiler again.

We need a PMD as Nurse's partner. When you look back at his career and see who he did the best with it was Bear and Barrie. We need someone like that but with some size and better defending. Maybe a more mature Bouchard could work now and have Ekholm mentor Broberg.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Nurse needs a partner who can move the puck.

im somehwat of the opinion that you keep everybody until the last second considering their season .... but i dont know how they keep everyone over the next couple years without trading kane/rnh/nurse ceci might have to go this year?

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
I have been drinking so….

Karlsson for Nurse, 2nd, prospect, add to make work
Larsson for Ceci, plus XB
Kulak, 1st for best shutdown 2-way LHD at 50%

Ekholm Bouchard
Broberg Larson
LHD Karlsson

Kane LTIR or traded

Larsson is ok coming as we have Swedes.

Run each line 20 mins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have been drinking so….

Karlsson for Nurse, 2nd, prospect, add to make work
Larsson for Ceci, plus XB
Kulak, 1st for best shutdown 2-way LHD at 50%

Ekholm Bouchard
Broberg Larson
LHD Karlsson

Kane LTIR or traded

Larsson is ok coming as we have Swedes.

Run each line 20 mins
Get some water, if you're drinking in this heat lol.

I also love this, you sign Kylington to be 3LD, then you have all the Swedes and Bouchard.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Google Weather doesn't rate CGY either, they didn't make the cut for the map lmao.

11w4djyz3w!5e4!7b0!372386015m1!3b0!3m6!2sen-CA!12m4!1e68!2m2!1sset!2sCrisisThumbnailDark!4e0!5m5!1e3!5f1.0!7m2!1b0!2i85!20m1!8b1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad