Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Sadly, I think its going to be Bowman. Lots of stuff coming out today on how he has learned and deserves another chance.

Certainly trying to butter people up.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Ya if your gonna sign 13.5x5 atleast do both sides a solid and sign a 12x8 with an agreement to move him in 5 years if that's what he wants

Reactions: stewy04

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just like when you said you’d stop when they got Evander Kane?

If they hire Bowman (and I really, really, really hope they aren’t that dumb), it’s going to be the exact same cast of characters claiming they’re “done,” only to be back by November 1st at the latest. Complete with the mental math justifying the return. “It looks like Bowman really learned his lesson!”

Just like last time.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Seems weird but you never know.
It just doesn't make any sense from Draisaitls camp. A 5 year deal would have him go to age 34 which is passed his prime.

To put this in perspective, he would be passing on 13.5M from age 34-37. No one is going to come in and offer him that kind mkney at that age. He will be lucky to be getting 7-8M which is 5.5M less per season that taking an 8 year deal. In total that's 16.5M that he would be passing on.

I could see him doing a short term deal or a long term deal but a middle term deal doesn't make any sense for the Draisaitl even if it helps the Oilers down the road. Having said that, he helps the Oilers more to factor that all in and push for an 8 year deal at an even lower cap hit then it does freeing up money in 5 years.

Reactions: Skar

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If they hire Bowman (and I really, really, really hope they aren’t that dumb), it’s going to be the exact same cast of characters claiming they’re “done,” only to be back by November 1st at the latest. Complete with the mental math justifying the return. “It looks like Bowman really learned his lesson!”

Just like last time.

I'm all for second chances if a guy has atoned and earned it.

I just think Bowman is a terrible GM and isn't good enough to work for one of the top teams in the NHL.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The 5-year contract makes little sense given that Draisaitl will be 30 when it kicks in and his next contract would start when he's 35. I doubt he'll make as much on his next contract at 35 as the $40.5M that he would leave on the table signing for only 5 years. I don't know why Staples was saying "it would make a lot of sense" for Draisaitl.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I honestly think Escott is thinking that because of the Byfield deal. This is JJ. I’m guaranteeing an 8 year deal

Reactions: Sanchez

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I honestly think Escott is thinking that because of the Byfield deal. This is JJ. I’m guaranteeing an 8 year deal
Except that they are two different players at two very different points in their careers.

If Escott is thinking that way he needs to quit huffing and we need to beg Stauffer to come back from vacation.

Reactions: McDoused

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm all for second chances if a guy has atoned and earned it.

I just think Bowman is a terrible GM and isn't good enough to work for one of the top teams in the NHL.

Me too.

Can’t for a second understand the logic of putting a target (deservedly) on your franchise for the benefit of an objectively mediocre at best GM. Would piss me off.

Not going to grandstand and pretend I’m “done” though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad