Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Guys we think we can get a Top 4 RHD at the deadline. Didn't we try that last year as well? The only time we got one via trade was Adam Larsson and that was after we had to trade Taylor Hall. This is a terrible plan
The difference being if things stay status quo right now we will be accruing cap space and have 4 million or so to play with at the deadline. At 50% retention that is absolutely enough for a top 4 d man.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The difference being if things stay status quo right now we will be accruing cap space and have 4 million or so to play with at the deadline. At 50% retention that is absolutely enough for a top 4 d man.
Yeah and thats all good and everything. But the other team has to agree don't they? Top 4 RHD are valuable. Teams usually don't trade them away that easily

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah and thats all good and everything. But the other team has to agree don't they? Top 4 RHD are valuable. Teams usually don't trade them away that easily
Not true top 4 d are traded almost every year at the deadline. We just never have the cap space to make the trades for them. This year we should have the room and assets to do it. Remember Ekholm was a top 4 d traded at the deadline

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
No idea what they are doing with Kane. Can they just put him on LTIR after they build up to 4 million in capspace? Would that allow the Oilers to have close to 10 million in space?

bleatbloop

Aug 20, 2024
You definitely ask Johansen if he wants to come chase a Cup for 1 mil. We can make room. Ryan and Perry shouldn't be in the NHL as it is.

Don't blame Broberg one bit for taking 4.5 mil when we were offering 1.1. Nobody here should question that decision. What bothers me a bit is Holloway getting to game 7 of the SCF as a young player and opting to force the clubs hand by signing a sheet for 1 million more than what we were offering ISH, probably less.

Pretty sure management said f*** this guy and Podkolzin is just as likely to make an impact at the NHL level.

We were never signing Broberg at 4.5 as a team desperate to win a Cup this season and we f***ed him around constantly for years. Good for him for getting that contract. Holloway on the other hand was disgraceful.

Reactions: The Nuge

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
After the disaster of a start last year you'd think they would learn not to handicap your team at the beginning of a season. Stetcher being a regular is worrisome now were slotting this guy on a pair with nurse in the top four? Unless Bowman comes out in a couple weeks with an add on defense this is beyond stupid planning

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Yeah, maybe we can take that money and sign someone like Broberg and Holloway only much older and less potential!
At this point we're not worried about potential. We're concerned with having someone who can play at a high level right now and not need further development. The cap room is a God send for a right hand dman.

Look at the caliber of dmen Florida added I've the course of the year.

Oel is worth way more than Broberg right now and that's what this team needs a solid dman right now.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
After the disaster of a start last year you'd think they would learn not to handicap your team at the beginning of a season. Stetcher being a regular is worrisome now were slotting this guy on a pair with nurse in the top four? Unless Bowman comes out in a couple weeks with an add on defense this is beyond stupid planning
Yet those same players on the team last year were the best team in the league after that bad stretch. They didn’t get better because they added players.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yet those same players on the team last year were the best team in the league after that bad stretch. They didn’t get better because they added players.
So you're cool with starting off with a terrible defence core?

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
People were fine with pairing Nurse/Stetcher in the playoffs? Not sure what has changed now. Maybe because it actually happened?

Reactions: nabob

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
To be fair we have no idea if that's how they start the season. Even if it is unlikely to make a sizeable trade right now.

People were fine with pairing Nurse/Stetcher in the playoffs? Not sure what has changed now. Maybe because it actually happened?
Nailed it.

People were wanting Ceci fired into the sun during the season last year, leaving the team with Stetcher and VD to slot into the top 4.

Now all of a sudden that's unspeakable.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I’m very happy to have the terrible Ceci not in our defense core. I don’t think our defense is proven to be any worse today than it was two weeks ago.

People are acting as if Broberg was going to be a savior and that Ceci is unreplaceable are hilarious.

Yeah I’m ok with running Stetcher and Emberson out there. Shattenkirk might be a good option. Maybe they have other plans. No point in jumping out the window in August.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not s
Something I think isn't really being talked about enough but with Holloway out and Kane on IR the bottom 6 to start the year is:

Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Podkolzin - Ryan - Perry

I know that third line caught lightning in a bottle down the playoff stretch but that is... not very good.

Its mainly the 4C which sucks but Holloway doesn’t really fix that either. Maybe Jarventie/Savoie/Philp etc does though.

I feel like people are mad but we still have a hole at RD and a potential hole at 4C. Same as we did a week ago.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Something I think isn't really being talked about enough but with Holloway out and Kane on IR the bottom 6 to start the year is:

Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Podkolzin - Ryan - Perry

I know that third line caught lightning in a bottle down the playoff stretch but that is... not very good.
Our top 6 is the best in the league. Our bottom six has a mix of a very good veteran in Rico, a couple elite PKers and a couple good forecheckers. It’s called the bottom six for a reason.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad