Team Righty vs Team Lefty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team Are You Taking In A Head-2-Head Best Of 7?

• Team Righty

• Team Lefty

• Coin Flip

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Mario>McDavid
Howe>Hull
Ovi>>>Bure
Chelios<Orr
Makar>Nieds (projected)

So Team Righty
I see you edited this, but you continue to have Chelios vs Orr and Makar vs Niedermayer

The lineups were created to mirror each other in handedness, so Makar and Orr are the offensive D-men playing on the opposite side to the way they shoot

No, not in my opinion. McDavid is unbelievable, but Lemieux was just such a mammoth of a man that in a best of 7 I think he'd be too much for 97 to handle at 5v5.

If they were both wingers, I think it'd be a bit closer.
I have Lemieux as the most talented player of all-time, but I also think McDavid is right there knocking on the door

In terms of too much to handle at 5v5, do you think a-pack-a-day Mario is gonna like having to play a 200-foot game at McDavid's pace?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I have Lemieux as the most talented player of all-time, but I also think McDavid is right there knocking on the door

In terms of too much to handle at 5v5, do you think a-pack-a-day Mario is gonna like having to play a 200-foot game at McDavid's pace?
It's always hard to do these comparisons across generations, but I'm thinking of these comps as each player in their peak with the benefits of modern fitness and equipment.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's always hard to do these comparisons across generations, but I'm thinking of these comps as each player in their peak with the benefits of modern fitness and equipment.
Modern equipment, yes, but my thinking is you take them as they were at their peak

The reason being, we would have to know the training and practice history of each player involved to know just how much additional value modern techniques would have provided

On the flip side, any current player can pick up a wooden hockey stick without a curve, or put on an ancient pair of skates, and get a fairly good idea of the impact modern equipment has had on how the game is played

Last edited:

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I don't know any song called Righty.

Meanwhile, Lefty from Title Fight is pretty great.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Team Righty

Ovechkin - Lemieux - Howe
Makar - Chelios

Team Lefty

Bobby Hull - McDavid - Bure
Niedermayer - Orr

Crap that’s a good one. Something tells me McDavid would almost matchup fairly equally with Lemieux head to head at their best, Bure could give Howe a run for his money given the difference in eras and the combo of McDavid and Bure with Orr behind them would give you 3 players who can go end to end in the blink of an eye and score with ease. Actually make that 4 with Bobby Hull. That first line would be a little tougher with slightly more offensive ability, but the collective speed of the other line could be enough to propel them to victory.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Crow

May 19, 2014
I am honestly not sure which is better here but I would take the stance that Bobby Hull is a bit better than Ovi. If he played his whole career in the NHL instead of nhl and whl it would make a large difference to most people. And this is coming from a person who thinks he is kind of a trashy human being from both documented sources and personal experiences with him at bars around town.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Crap that’s a good one. Something tells me McDavid would almost matchup fairly equally with Lemieux head to head at their best, Bure could give Howe a run for his money given the difference in eras and the combo of McDavid and Bure with Orr behind them would give you 3 players who can go end to end in the blink of an eye and score with ease. Actually make that 4 with Bobby Hull. That first line would be a little tougher with slightly more offensive ability, but the collective speed of the other line could be enough to propel them to victory.
Bure would be lined up opposite Ovechkin, not Howe...

Overhead view of the opening faceoff would look like this:

Chris Chelios - Makar
Howe - Lemieux - Ovechkin
=======O=======
Hull - McDavid - Bure
Niedermayer - Orr

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Bure would be lined up opposite Ovechkin, not Howe...

Overhead view of the opening faceoff would look like this:

Chris Chelios - Makar
Howe - Lemieux - Ovechkin
=======O=======
Hull - McDavid - Bure
Niedermayer - Orr

Right you are, was just comparing by positions but yes that makes more sense to look at it from that perspective. That would be a good matchup on both sides for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad