Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What are you laughing at?

Have you looked at Emberson at all? Just curious.
I watched a few games of him with San Jose to see what kind of player he is. He's tough defensively and he can make an ok first pass but there is not much there offensively. He definitely has upside but I see him as a #5 guy who, when needed, can fill in #4 for a short period of time.

So kind of like what Kulak is

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Our 1st, 2nd and 3rd + Akey or Wanner for Ratmouse?
We don’t have a 1st. Or a 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th for that matter lol.

If we let Broberg and Holloway both go we’ll have a 2nd and 3rd in next years draft along with our own 6th and 7th.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Maybe there is some steam to the Rasmus Andersson rumor?
Maybe. Do you know which day stauffer brought this up?

I think the writing is on the wall:

Podkolzin is here to replace Holloway
Emberson is here to replace Broberg
We add a 2nd and some room for a deadline upgrade on D.

That is it.
Then that is disgusting

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
no doubt, if we're talking futures (picks and prospects), I'm not sure Edmonton even has enough to land him. With us already owing one of next 2 first rounders because we traded up into the first round this year, our lack of prospects, and the need and demand around the league for quality, puck moving, top 4 RHD, even if we were to put Savoie in a package, I feel another team would be able to outbid us. That isn't even taking into account, that this Edmonton and Calgary, which may or may not matter, but it won't help that's for sure.
This weirdly took life in the "I want to believe" land. Idle speculation and hate the player but the guy would be highly sought after. Sure the Flamers would find a better offer than in its hated rival's shadow a car drive away.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Has Stauffer been bringing up Rasmus Andersson's name all week or was it like only once? It's been a fast wedding week for my friend so I got real busy ahah

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It’s so funny to see all the losers freaking out before the season even starts, the circle of life.

Were bringing back 4/6 blue liners including the top 3 and the ones that are gone are probably the most yelled at guy on the team, a #6 who was scratched most of the playoffs and possibly a kid who wasn’t even on the team for pretty much all of last year. Yet somehow with all these catastrophic personnel losses that we can’t even recover from, a team that was one of the best defensively for most of last season will suddenly fall apart defensively without Cody Ceci, clearly such an important part of our defensive core now that he’s gone.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I watched a few games of him with San Jose to see what kind of player he is. He's tough defensively and he can make an ok first pass but there is not much there offensively. He definitely has upside but I see him as a #5 guy who, when needed, can fill in #4 for a short period of time.

So kind of like what Kulak is
So, your assessment is wrong. He has an excellent first pass, great at zone denials and zone exits. Played 18Mins a night in San Jose with tough QoC. He also won AHL d-man of the year, small NHL sample size but he played top 4 mins and did very well. He is better than Broberg right now and better than Ceci, he is a top 4. You’re in for a surprise with him next year

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Twitter wannabes are having fun. Most are saying we are matching neither while other say we are matching one.

So much for the dog days of August. We are just over a month to campa

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kane is getting surgery and will miss months. Not sure how much of the season that will equate to though.
I said months ago Kane would not be back until around March. I still stand by that. A fresh healthy Kane will be a beast come playoff time

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think Kulak goes at the deadline for an upgrade

This should be the next move
I think if we are matching the Broberg offer sheet we need to move Kulak now and put Broberg on the left side bottom pairing.If he is playing well and Nurse is still sucking you move Nurse to the bottom pairing.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
If we don’t match Broberg, I wonder if Utah would be open to trading Soderstrom. They added a bunch to their blueline in the off-season and he seems destined for the AHL.

He’s from the same draft as Broberg, has had a similar career path, and I like the idea of gambling on a younger player (assuming the acquisition price is the 3rd rounder from the Holloway deal) more than signing a guy like Schultz.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Emberson
Kulak-Soderstrom
Stecher

We are such a strong team that we should be able to play with a weakened blueline. If Soderstrom or Emberson struggle we can move Kulak or a forward at the deadline along with a younger asset like Savoie, the 2nd rounder from Broberg, or next year’s 1st for a blueliner.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think if we are matching the Broberg offer sheet we need to move Kulak now and put Broberg on the left side bottom pairing.If he is playing well and Nurse is still sucking you move Nurse to the bottom pairing.
If Kane is out until March he is out the whole year. I can't see any way the Oilers could bring him back that late in the year unless another bug contract is LTIR'd.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Leaving the team in this shape is not okay, hoping we have another move up our sleeve for a RHD

I mean we basically have until March to replace them. This is still a playoff team (favourite) without them.

Keeping both and going the LTIR route basically means that's the team for the year and would eventually lose Kane/Kulak/etc when Kane is healthy.

Reactions: Macblender

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So, your assessment is wrong. He has an excellent first pass, great at zone denials and zone exits. Played 18Mins a night in San Jose with tough QoC. He also won AHL d-man of the year, small NHL sample size but he played top 4 mins and did very well. He is better than Broberg right now and better than Ceci, he is a top 4. You’re in for a surprise with him next year
I know that stuff man but you’re saying you’re just going to give a top 4 to a player who played 30 NHL games? Emberson will be a top 4 maybe in the future but he’s not ready yet. You can’t gift wrap the role to him just like that.

Sounds like what an OBC move would be. If we don’t get a legit top 4 Dman for that spot, I don’t know what we are thinking

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad