Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner McDavid Hyman
RNH Drai Arvidsson
Holloway Henrique Perry
Janmark Ryan Brown
Lavoie (?)

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Barrie/Schultz
Kulak Ceci
Stetcher

As an opening night roster perhaps?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Has Bowman said anything about this offer sheet? I remember a lot of GMs being very vocal about being offer sheeted.

Guy is just sitting there not saying anything. Time to step up like the other GMs did.

What would you have him say exactly? And if he spoke to the media what would that accomplish?

Or would a personal phone call to satisfy you?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If its 1 mill or some waivable amount of salary, why not. The playoffs don't start in September, we can look to add at the deadline.

Yup, exactly. That roster above is still good enough to likely compete for 1st place in the division (barring crazy injuries, etc). Go with that, get a D upgrade at the TDL and bury Barrie. I think this is entirely too obvious a path.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup, exactly. That roster above is still good enough to likely compete for 1st place in the division (barring crazy injuries, etc). Go with that, get a D upgrade at the TDL and bury Barrie. I think this is entirely too obvious a path.

The other thing is it's not ever bad to have a piece like him in your back pocket for times of injury. Barrie knows the team and can step right in and play in any kind of a situation, like say someone gets suspended or hurt in the playoffs or something, you don't have to throw some shell shocked 19 year old into the mix.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Because it bails the Oilers out, why would you bail another team out? Ceci isn't that much of difference maker.

Because, again, you don't do favours for other teams for free.

Ceci is, at his absolutely best, is a #5 and isn't important to this team at all. The fact the team treats him like he holds a bunch of value is very frustrating.

Again, if all of you are sure that someone would take Ceci for free, then you waive him so find out.
How do you figure he’s at best a #5 when he was averaging 19:22 in the playoffs for a team that almost won the cup?

There’s quite a few teams who’s blue line would improve by getting Ceci for free not to mention you can pick up assets for him at the trade deadline.

If you would forgo making your team better and adding an asset for free just because it also helps another team then you’re stupid. But gm’s don’t think like that, only stupid people do.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Has Bowman said anything about this offer sheet? I remember a lot of GMs being very vocal about being offer sheeted.

Guy is just sitting there not saying anything. Time to step up like the other GMs did.

I'd hope he's been spending his time in meetings and on the phones seeking a solution rather than wasting it pandering to media

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I think it was Seravelli that said there’s teams that have interest in Ceci and not with sweeteners. Although I think Broberg is still likely gone.
Ceci should have value at his contract, he’s exactly what he’s paid. People thinking no one has interest unless adding a first are crazy. Ceci a legit vet Dman for 1 year you’re not going to find many better than him at 3.25. Unfortunately when your paired with nurse we need more than a 3.25 Dman

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Ceci should have value at his contract, he’s exactly what he’s paid. People thinking no one has interest unless adding a first are crazy. Ceci a legit vet Dman for 1 year you’re not going to find many better than him at 3.25. Unfortunately when your paired with nurse we need more than a 3.25 Dman

I think teams would have taken him for free or cheap earlier. Unfortunately we are over a barrel now so the cost to unload him will be ridiculous.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I think teams would have taken him for free or cheap earlier. Unfortunately we are over a barrel now so the cost to unload him will be ridiculous.
I’m hoping Bowman has at least one GM he can call a friend.

If Bowman is just trying to dump them for no return it shouldn’t require any sweetener

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

I remember reading someone report that when the Oilers were trying to add a goalie early last year because of the horrible start the Habs asked for Evan Bouchard in exchange for Jake Allen

I understand the concept of leverage of course but NHL GMs lose their damn minds in these situations.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I’m hoping Bowman has at least one GM he can call a friend.

If Bowman is just trying to dump them for no return it shouldn’t require any sweetener
It's funny because the narrative is Armstrong would NEVER do this if Holland was gm because they are friends.

This is part of the problem if the first day on the job, a lot of the league looks at you in bad light. Entire league is talking about how good it is Armstrong is bullying the Oilers.

I don't see Bowman having any friends in the league willing to help him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad