Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ceci wasn't even that bad last year, everyone greatly exaggerates his issues due to a rough stretch with Nurse and the playoffs. But there's plenty of teams that are just trying to make the playoffs, that will look at Ceci's numbers over the last 5 seasons and see a player that can help them.

I know it's pointless to say this on this board, but there's no guarantee Broberg is a better defenceman next season than Ceci.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Super duper dumb question but could we match both, put them on waivers and have a side deal with San Jose to pick them up? I gotta assume that the league would say we circumvented something.
Matching then waiving would be super funny even without a side deal.
FU Blues, keep your second round pick.
FU Broberg, you are going to a crappy team.

• Haha
Reactions: Canovin

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Stauffer was suggesting last night letting Broberg walk and signing a puck moving UFA D from West Kelowna with 2 Cups. Who is he talking about?

Barrie also came up.

Reactions: Vagabond

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Sure, but if you're another team, are you going to take him for free?
If you could get a RD who would be an upgrade on your blue line for free who was playing 20 minutes a night and on a dominant pk for a team that almost won the cup, you wouldn’t do that? Especially knowing you have the option to extend him if you want or trade him at the deadline for assets?

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks. That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure. Would he even consider coming back here though? He got a pretty rough ride from the fans.
Times have changed and he isn't seen as one of the saviors of the team. He has a lot of experience and IMO could be a good partner for Nurse or Kulak. I'd give him a 2 year deal, let Broberg walk and go from there.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
lol why does Stauffer say things that way. Like obviously he's talking about Schultz, that isn't even cryptic.

I would have no problem with Schultz coming back, I think he would look great with our forwards. Honestly I think Barrie/Schultz is probably an upgrade on Broberg for next season, and both guys could potentially play with Nurse, allowing you to try Ceci with Kulak.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kind of in the same camp.

Keep Holloway but use the contingency of acquiring a 2x retained cheap salary forward

Sign one of Schultz or Barrie at 1 mill if possible.

Put Kane on LTIR.

Core of the team is largely intact and upgraded from the Finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vagabond

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If you could get a RD who would be an upgrade on your blue line for free who was playing 20 minutes a night and on a dominant pk for a team that almost won the cup, you wouldn’t do that? Especially knowing you have the option to extend him if you want or trade him at the deadline for assets?
Totally, or he's not that player and you know that team is actually in a very difficult place, so why again, would you take him for free.

If you suggest they would, it's why I suggest waiving him now.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Considering the absolute plugs that got paid and got term a month ago, why not? And I’m not a fan of the player.
Because it bails the Oilers out, why would you bail another team out? Ceci isn't that much of difference maker.

He would make lots of teams better, including a handful of playoff teams, so why not?

This narrative of Ceci not being worth his contract, is one of the most ridiculous recurring circlejerks I've seen running on message boards.
Because, again, you don't do favours for other teams for free.

Ceci is, at his absolutely best, is a #5 and isn't important to this team at all. The fact the team treats him like he holds a bunch of value is very frustrating.

Again, if all of you are sure that someone would take Ceci for free, then you waive him so find out.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Has Bowman said anything about this offer sheet? I remember a lot of GMs being very vocal about being offer sheeted.

Guy is just sitting there not saying anything. Time to step up like the other GMs did.
I'd rather he not say anything than look like an angry buffoon because another GM used the rule book to their advantage. You got to tip the hat to Armstrong. It's a well played move.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Has Bowman said anything about this offer sheet? I remember a lot of GMs being very vocal about being offer sheeted.

Guy is just sitting there not saying anything. Time to step up like the other GMs did.
What is there to say? He's likely looking at all options and working the phones vs. bitching about it in the media and wasting precious time.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Stauffer was suggesting last night letting Broberg walk and signing a puck moving UFA D from West Kelowna with 2 Cups. Who is he talking about?

Barrie also came up.
I really wanted us to sign Boquist as a 7th D and a backup plan if Broberg couldn't handle playing the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad