Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still holding out for Shattenkirk.
Not sure what kind appetite he has to come to Canada, but again beggars can't necessarily be choosers at this point.

Unless of course he's waiting on an early season injury before signing

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure what kind appetite he has to come to Canada, but again beggars can't necessarily be choosers at this point.

Unless of course he's waiting on an early season injury before signing

I heard he has a hair transplant appointment in south Korea mid September and he’s waiting to get back to NA soil before making a decision.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
How do you know what his “intensity” is?

A lot of what you said is your “perceived” notion of him is. In reality, he is one of the best zone entry defenders in the league. He is one of the best zone exit defenders in the league. He is excellent at puck retrievals. He is excellent playing traditional zone defence. The notion that Ekholm carries him is ridiculous as Ekholm was considered a d man on the backside of his career. Playing with Bouchard, he is hitting career highs in the everything. Bouchard carries an 88% xGAR (meaning he measures in the 88th percentile for d men playing his role across all metrics). Ekholm is 82%. He had better defensive metrics than Hughes and Makar last year. To say Bouchard can’t play both ends of the ice is completely not supported by actual facts and numbers.

Hahahahahaha what? Stopped reading there, completely ridiculous post

July 1 , 2025 for McDavid and Jan 1, 2025 for Bouchard.
Bouchard can be signed anytime. The Jan 1 deadline is the latest point that he can be signed and still be eligible to play in the 2025-26 season. That is, his deal must be signed before than or he sits out the whole year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
40+ NHL games under his belt. Would be incredible if he can somehow add an extra gear to his game this year.

To be honest I thought he kind of short changed last year. He was playing very, very well, and was a contributor during a good portion of the 16 game streak only to be pushed out by numbers. The 4th line as ass the whole season, but I feel like they got back on track when he got the call up and didn't look back even after he went back down.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him cement himself as the full time 4C at some point next year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
To be honest I thought he kind of short changed last year. He was playing very, very well, and was a contributor during a good portion of the 16 game streak only to be pushed out by numbers. The 4th line as ass the whole season, but I feel like they got back on track when he got the call up and didn't look back even after he went back down.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him cement himself as the full time 4C at some point next year.
The 4C spot is wide open right now. Ryan has the inside track but it would be great if one of the younger players steps up and takes it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He would know he doesn't have to play everyday, he's won a cup and been through the battle, there's a lot to like here, I hope he still has some game left, is my only concern.

If he's cooked you wash your hands of him, but he has a weird habit of having a good season after every bad one. He has experience with two Cup wins in Pittsburgh and has some skill, think he would be OK as a plug n' play option for Knob/Coffey on the bottom pair. I would assume his salary is waivable so if he sucks, it's like whatever.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah. Well he can play the waiting game if he wants. Look at the PTOs that are being handed out right now. I think he will take it eventually. All it takes is a nudge or a slight push ;)

A nudge or a call from his buddy 'The Nuge'

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Between Ryan, Pederson, Hamblin or Philp I only hope that someone comes and grabs it and it's not just splitting hairs between players who can't perform.

Philip will need at least a half year to a year to get his game back in order after taking a full year off. I could see him as our 4C next year but we probably trade for a larger veteran right shot C at the TDL is my guess.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
The 4C spot is wide open right now. Ryan has the inside track but it would be great if one of the younger players steps up and takes it.

On top of Ryan, Hamblin and Lane Pederson, I'd like to see Ryan Carpenter get a PTO. He's the prototypical 4C, and I think a unit of Podkolzin-Carpenter-Perry would be boring in the best way while bringing a decent amount of sandpaper- about all you can ask for out of a fourth line.

Reactions: K1984

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
He played 11 mins of ES time per game last year, by far the lowest on his team. He is a 3rd pairing/#7 guy at this point.

Yeah I have time for Schultz as a #7. He can ride the press box for most of the time, and he is a serviceable replacement for Bouchard on the PP if Bouchard ever gets injured. We don't really have another option for the PP QB right now, unless you want to load up 34 year old Ekholm's minutes even more. Let Schultz be an insurance policy for league minimum and hardly ever play. I'm fine with that.
He played that little because he was playing behind pesce burns slaving orlov skjei. I don't think you can gleam anything from last year for him especially es minutes when the team he played for had that sort of depth.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad