Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I don’t know how effective DeAngelo would be without much PP time but he’s likely going to be pretty motivated and there’s basically no downside in at least giving him a spin. Worse case if he sucks or he’s an issue then you just cut him loose and move on.

Gives you the opportunity to try Nurse with a strong puck mover who he has some
Familiarity, without having to break up Ekholm and Bouchard.

It’s not like we have an abundance of great options on the right side and you’d be getting a guy who’s a year removed from 40pt and 50pt seasons for league minimum.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t know how effective DeAngelo would be without much PP time but he’s likely going to be pretty motivated and there’s basically no downside in at least giving him a spin. Worse case if he sucks or he’s an issue then you just cut him loose and move on.

It’s not like we have an abundance of great options on the right side and you’d be getting a guy who’s a year removed from 40pt and 50pt seasons for league minimum.

But I heard he's maybe racist!!!!!!

Reactions: Stauf4Prez

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Seravalli said we aren't after him. We are talking with Justin Schultz

Reactions: joestevens29

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
But I heard he's maybe racist!!!!!!
IMG_3256.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just spray paint nwo on the logo and call it a day

But what does the Dutch Research Council have to do with being blackhearted badasses?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Apparently he was slightly better than Barrie last season defensively, but to be honest it's not a very high bar...
None of the three have sufficient enough defensive prowess to be considered a 'safer bet'.

I take TDA today because he has a history of staying healthy and he has a consistent history of even strength production. He's the better fit to play more minutes if the idea is pairing him with Nurse.

That said, any of these guys could be trade bait by the deadline.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To be fair he also tried to fight a white, Russian goalie team mate. So his racism technically knows no color.
I thought he f***ed with K'Andre Miller which sparked all of that. Either way, despite points in the past, he was useless last year, and there's little suggest he's improved. If he can swallow the Russian issue, he should play there.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If it's between TDA and Schultz you take TDA. Neither are good defensively but there's a chance the TDA has the chops to pair successfully with Nurse. Schultz is just another bottom pairing guy at this point

Reactions: Biltmore

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Schultz would be interested in returning because he isn't interested in learning any Russian which would be his next option.

That said, I don't really want any of these names. Barrie for familiarity I would have been able to get behind but the other guys don't have that edge and aren't any better than what we've got already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad