Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If you're going to wear the black cowboy hat anyhow, might as well go full bad guy. ;) I don't acre for the player, but would make things interesting just for the league wide fan outrage.
Hahahah gotcha and yeah I agree. I’d love the controversy and maybe watch him change Oiler fans minds

Reactions: bellagiobob

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
It seems like he’s only ever called stuff right before. And sometimes a day or two before anyone else. He had Skinner before anyone else and I remember at the time I went back and looked at his previous posts and they all lined up.

So probably a decent chance it’s true
He had Mark Hunter as the next Oilers GM. Seems like he just throws stuff at the wall and deletes whatever he gets wrong

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How about Matthew Robertson? High 2nd rounder in the Lavoie draft who's lost in the numbers game in New York. 6'4, decent mobility, low event and a good first pass. Might be worth a look if he slips through waivers.

Reactions: MessierII

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
How about Matthew Robertson? High 2nd rounder in the Lavoie draft who's lost in the numbers game in New York. 6'4, decent mobility, low event and a good first pass. Might be worth a look if he slips through waivers.
Played for the Oil Kings? From Edmonton?

Oh, he'll be an Oiler soon enough.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you're going to wear the black cowboy hat anyhow, might as well go full bad guy. ;) I don't care for the player, but would make things interesting just for the league wide fan outrage.
giphy.gif

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Stauffer did say on Oilers Now that he believes the Oilers will sign a 1 or 2 PTOs. He also said he doesn't believe Schultz is one of them. So maybe that's where that guy got his "info"

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
With how popular Barrie was in the Oiler room, how much of a plug and play player he would have been, and how it appears he likely would have taken the same deal in Edmonton, I am guessing Stan has something else in mind that is close but hasn't happened yet.
Maybe a throw back at the Versteeg deal some years ago. We sign Barrie right out camp....

Reactions: Valhallis

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It's now or never for Bouchard. It's a bad move for the Oilers to bridge Bouchard and it's a bad move for Bouchard to accept a bridge.

At the end of the day Bouchard's stats take a big hit without Draisaitl and McDavid and he likely never sees an enormous payday like he can get right now. Nobody can argue against this point in good faith.

I'd also say Bouchard's upside was reached only with the acquisition of Ekholm. Nobody can convince me otherwise. The players compliment each other perfectly but you have to give the veteran maximum credit. Then comes the influence of Paul Coffey on the scene with his playmaking philosophy.

I'll put it this way. If Bouchard signs a max term contract right now you make him the highest paid defenseman on the Edmonton Oilers. That makes him one of the highest paid defenseman in the league. This shows recognition on the player's part, to the unique situation that presents itself in Edmonton.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Although they always give a PTO to someone like Adam Erne and still sign them will a lacklustre performance in camp.
So I was just going to comment on Rich Winter's comments from yesterday. I missed half the segment, but will listen further.

He was talking about two of his UFA's in Erne and Gio, and how these are the type of guys where agents have to work. Said a guy like Leon his kids could figure out that contract.

With Erne, Winter and Holland talked a lot last year. With Erne he talked about how Blashill liked him and played him, but then new coach didn't like him and ended up hurting Erne's value to the point Winter had to convince a team to give him a tryout. Mentioned that during the year he was talking to Holland, but even Holland couldn't confirm if Erne was good or bad as he wasn't playing enough. Does sound like he's trying to get Erne on with the Rangers as it's close to home for the kid. Biggest thing Winter was saying with guys like Erne is finding a fit and convincing players at times to go somewhere where they might not like to go, but will benefit their career. The other problem as Winter has brought up as told to him by Trotz is once a guy clears waivers GM's no longer consider those players NHL players. That they are AHL players and that the player an agent both have to work hard to change GM's minds.

Now the real news I got is that Winter is trying to convince the Oilers that Gio is the guy to play with Nurse. Apparently Gio and Winter think that Gio is the guy to help get Nurse to the next level. But he said GM's don't want a 40 year old Gio. He threw out all sorts of stats that makes Gio sound still like a NHL player and is telling GM's that Gio is back training with the group that he trained with when he won the Norris. Although my question would be who in their right mind changes anything after winning a Norris?

Although after doing some fact checking this Winter might be full of shit. I'm sure he said Gio won the Norris at 37 years old. I'm sure he said Martin Straka was bought out. And I'm sure he said Hasek was making 11mil a year at one point. I don't see any thing supporting those claims lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So I was just going to comment on Rich Winter's comments from yesterday. I missed half the segment, but will listen further.

He was talking about two of his UFA's in Erne and Gio, and how these are the type of guys where agents have to work. Said a guy like Leon his kids could figure out that contract.

With Erne, Winter and Holland talked a lot last year. With Erne he talked about how Blashill liked him and played him, but then new coach didn't like him and ended up hurting Erne's value to the point Winter had to convince a team to give him a tryout. Mentioned that during the year he was talking to Holland, but even Holland couldn't confirm if Erne was good or bad as he wasn't playing enough. Does sound like he's trying to get Erne on with the Rangers as it's close to home for the kid. Biggest thing Winter was saying with guys like Erne is finding a fit and convincing players at times to go somewhere where they might not like to go, but will benefit their career. The other problem as Winter has brought up as told to him by Trotz is once a guy clears waivers GM's no longer consider those players NHL players. That they are AHL players and that the player an agent both have to work hard to change GM's minds.

Now the real news I got is that Winter is trying to convince the Oilers that Gio is the guy to play with Nurse. Apparently Gio and Winter think that Gio is the guy to help get Nurse to the next level. But he said GM's don't want a 40 year old Gio. He threw out all sorts of stats that makes Gio sound still like a NHL player and is telling GM's that Gio is back training with the group that he trained with when he won the Norris. Although my question would be who in their right mind changes anything after winning a Norris?

Although after doing some fact checking this Winter might be full of shit. I'm sure he said Gio won the Norris at 37 years old. I'm sure he said Martin Straka was bought out. And I'm sure he said Hasek was making 11mil a year at one point. I don't see any thing supporting those claims lol

Bringing Giordano here after nearly ending McDavids career is worse than bringing Manning here. No thanks. Let him rot.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hope not, he just really sucks at hockey.
Guy seems like a cancer as well he doesn't PK which is more of a need than anything if we are adding a RS d-man

Bringing Giordano here after nearly ending McDavids career is worse than bringing Manning here. No thanks. Let him rot.
Well we did bring in Kassian who broke Gagner's jaw

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you're going to wear the black cowboy hat anyhow, might as well go full bad guy. ;) I don't care for the player, but would make things interesting just for the league wide fan outrage.

We should change our uniform colors to black and white and the logo to Johnny Cash giving the finger. Like totally embrace the bad guy persona.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I like to crap on Stauffer too from time to time, but the Oilers were totally neglecting player development.

Most teams have like 2 or 3 people in player development and the Oilers had no one. Tyler Wright and Bob Green doing amateur scouting and Keith Gretzky as Assistant GM and in charge of the AHL team. Most, maybe all, other teams have 2 or 3 people helping to prepare drafted players for pro hockey.

They used to have Scott Howson in that role, but he left in like 2019.

It seems weird, but Jeff Jackson is slowly getting the organization out of the stone ages.
And yet the blues just bought into oilers player development.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad