Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Sounds a lot like people associating his political views with his play. Same stuff was said about Kane on this board, too.
It's absurd that people are speculating Deangelo has run out of options in the NHL. He doesn't like what's being offered. He's made it pubic he wants to bet on himself with a team friendly one year deal. But only with the right team. That takes moxy.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
The nucks had a seriously fluky season. Their shooting percentage was ridiculous. They will come back down to earth and regress. I guarantee it.

Yeah they aren't going to finish the year with a 1.028 PDO I wouldn't expect. However, they did have a relatively high PDO in the playoffs as well (tied with Rangers for the highest) at 1.019. The Nucks goaltending is very good, so their PDO is going to be higher than normal most years on that alone, but you are right that their RIDICULOUS 10.61% shooting % will very likely come down next year. Their ES shoot% for the 3 years prior was a more "normal" 8.27% as an example (good for 17th in the league over that 3 year period). Even if their ES shoot% drops to only 3rd in the league, so 9.73% last year, that is a drop of 0.88% or roughly 18 goals on the league average-ish 2000 shots. 18 goals less is roughly 4-5 less wins on the season.

They are still a good team though, and 100% will still make the playoffs. Their xGF% was 52.27 last year, good for 8th in the league. They are a legit team, as long as their goalies get healthy, they will be fine. They just aren't as good as they were last year in the playoffs as they were riding a LOT of luck in the first 3rd of the season. I think they had a ~104 PDO at New Years for christ sakes, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: MessierII

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah they aren't going to finish the year with a 1.028 PDO I wouldn't expect. However, they did have a relatively high PDO in the playoffs as well (tied with Rangers for the highest) at 1.019. The Nucks goaltending is very good, so their PDO is going to be higher than normal most years on that alone, but you are right that their RIDICULOUS 10.61% shooting % will very likely come down next year. Their ES shoot% for the 3 years prior was a more "normal" 8.27% as an example (good for 17th in the league over that 3 year period).

In a lot of the Nuck games I watched last year they seemed to either score a few goals very quickly in the game and then kind of salt it away, or score a few at the very end to mount a last min comeback. The middle of the game was a lot of nothing a lot of the time.

The Cinderella Flame over performing teams of yesteryear had the same traits. Jump quick, score early and defend, or ride the PDO to last second comebacks. Either way, not a sustainable way to win games over multiple seasons.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
People still doesn't get it, Stauffer basically works for Oilers and if he release some cryptic info, then it's something Oilers allows him to say.

This is made up nonsense.

He doesn't work for the Oilers. He is not privy to info automatically. He is a reporter like everyone else.

Stauffer gets info cuz he works his ass off and is an info hound, no matter how big or small it may be.

The org likes dealing w/ him cuz he respects their process and doesn't leak nonsense cuz he is obligated to every week like Friedman. He has built great relationships thru the org

This notion that he is an Oilers schill is just pure bs

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is made up nonsense.

He doesn't work for the Oilers. He is not privy to info automatically. He is a reporter like everyone else.

Stauffer gets info cuz he works his ass off and is an info hound, no matter how big or small it may be.

The org likes dealing w/ him cuz he respects their process and doesn't leak nonsense cuz he is obligated to every week like Friedman. He has built great relationships thru the org

This notion that he is an Oilers schill is just pure bs
If he doesn't work for the Oilers why is he on OilersTV? I like Bob but he definitely gets info that others don't because he's so close to the team. Props to him as he's earned everything he's got but he does have an advantage as well IMO.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yeah they aren't going to finish the year with a 1.028 PDO I wouldn't expect. However, they did have a relatively high PDO in the playoffs as well (tied with Rangers for the highest) at 1.019. The Nucks goaltending is very good, so their PDO is going to be higher than normal most years on that alone, but you are right that their RIDICULOUS 10.61% shooting % will very likely come down next year. Their ES shoot% for the 3 years prior was a more "normal" 8.27% as an example (good for 17th in the league over that 3 year period). Even if their ES shoot% drops to only 3rd in the league, so 9.73% last year, that is a drop of 0.88% or roughly 18 goals on the league average-ish 2000 shots. 18 goals less is roughly 4-5 less wins on the season.

They are still a good team though, and 100% will still make the playoffs. Their xGF% was 52.27 last year, good for 8th in the league. They are a legit team, as long as their goalies get healthy, they will be fine. They just aren't as good as they were last year in the playoffs as they were riding a LOT of luck in the first 3rd of the season. I think they had a ~104 PDO at New Years for christ sakes, lol.
Their goalies are both hurt still. I think the coach bump will wear off a little too.

And the team will just sewer because they lost

Vasily Podkolzin. ;)

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If he doesn't work for the Oilers why is he on OilersTV? I like Bob but he definitely gets info that others don't because he's so close to the team. Props to him as he's earned everything he's got but he does have an advantage as well IMO.

He works for the production and media side. They don't get weekly meetings or memos on what happens in manager meetings.

Bob goes fishing for info like everyone else.

This "schill" bs has gone back as far a Chiarelli. Anyone that's worked around Chia knows he was a terrible communicator and often made decisions on his own.
When info leaked, it was from employees who handled paperwork or contracts. People like Bob know where to look and connect alot of dots.

Again, this notion that he gets handed info on what to say regularly is nonsense. He works to get his content 99% of the time like anyone else

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Interesting that the Miller story was BS. Lots of typical buzz words “misogynist, bigot, anti vaxxer” used when you look Tony up but really nothing to back it up.

Seems like a hot head and kind of an asshole but that’s about it.

The bolded are the go to insults that get thrown around so much by a certain segment of the population that like the word “Nazi” they have almost no meaning or gravitas anymore.

Like Kane and others who’ve come here, let him prove himself one way or another.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

@belair 🥲

Hoping they drop the development camp roster soon and we get some spicy camp invites.

"Marcel Marcel"

1625023734364.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Interesting that the Miller story was BS. Lots of typical buzz words “misogynist, bigot, anti vaxxer” used when you look Tony up but really nothing to back it up.

Standard talented alpha-pretending hockey-bro prima that gets diplomatically knocked down a peg and into place in any functioning locker room. Many of us have played with 'em. I'd have near zero concerns.

It's not like Panarin or Zib strike you as strong leaders (Kreider yes), but it's a huge advantage for us that guys like McD, Drai and Ekholm also happen to be be our best players (or the best players in the world). TDA isn't going to try and mess around with such an established pecking order - if he did, quiet words would be spoken to cool it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Deangelo? He also a racist from all accounts. I don't need him to drop the 'N' word at Nurse or Kane to "lighten the mood"

He also just sucks at hockey now.

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Lol perfect example ^
Usual culprits, too. As an organization who has obviously had a history of bringing in players with "questionable characters", they have become locker room and fan favorites and the moves typically worked out for the better. See Kassian, Kane, Perry. I am not writing DeAngelo off, he is one season removed from 51 and 42 points, one with a +/- of +30 and one with a -27 on a terrible Flyers defense.

The pitchforks for comments made in the past should be on reserve, he has acknowledged his faults and it's time to put political biases aside and focus on hockey. :)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Deangelo played the least amount of ES time for a D on Carolina last year with 11:43 only, and he doesn't PK at all. No idea why we would want him for anything but a 7th Dman in case Bouch gets injured and we need a PP replacement. But honestly, I think I'd rather just play Nurse on the #1 PP should that happen.

I could care less about the stuff off the ice. Yes, he is an asshole, that is widely acknowledged. Maybe he has some strange political beliefs as well. On a team without McDrai on it, or Nurse/Kane, I would see it as a problem. He would know the pecking order on the team, and his VERY low position on said pecking order. If he is a racist as rumored, even with as dumb as he clearly is, he isn't going to speak up with Nurse/Kane on the team, lol.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
TDL played with Nurse in S.S. Marie (I believe they played on the same pair) so I’m quite confident if he comes in on a PTO that Darnell would be consulted by management prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad