Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
What fake rumour is out there now?

No rumor, I'm just asking because he's costing the oilers games in the playoffs, is not good, and they could really use the $$$$$ for cap space.

Like, do something with him, play him at forward. He's a liability, move him, or tell Mcdavid if he costs them games like last year, it's on him, if he wants to use the buddy card.

and I want the oilers to win...

• Love
Reactions: bobbythebrain

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No rumor, I'm just asking because he's costing the oilers games in the playoffs, is not good, and they could really use the $$$$$ for cap space.

Like, do something with him, play him at forward. He's a liability, move him, or tell Mcdavid if he costs them games like last year, it's on him, if he wants to use the buddy card.

Move him and have kulak play top 4?

That makes the team worse

Reactions: capazzo

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Move him and have kulak play top 4?

That makes the team worse

you would have 4-9 million dollars to play with, sign any competent NHL defensemen and you would be better off. Giordano etc..

Anyone who's a proficient basic first pass out the zone structurally sound Dman.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
you would have 4-9 million dollars to play with, sign any competent NHL defensemen and you would be better off. Giordano etc..

Anyone who's a proficient basic first pass out the zone structurally sound Dman.
Giordano isn't that guy. I'm not happy with Nurse either, but moving him isn't in the card, especially with Broberg gone.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Dude what are you talking about? If we move Nurse, our defence is

Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak Emberson
Stecher Brown

Does that strike you as Cup quality?

Nurse gets paid way too much but he’s still a good defenceman even if he has faults. He’s not a 9 mill Dman but we can’t do anything about his salary anymore.

He had a bad season but he can have a comeback season. If the guy was making 6.5-7 million, a lot of people in Edmonton would be kissing his ass. Complaining won’t fix this or odd ideas of playing him at forward or forcing McDavid to trade him.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016

Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak Emberson
Stecher Brown

Nurse gets paid way too much but he’s still a good defenceman even if he has faults. He had a bad season but he can have a comeback season. If the guy was making 6.5-7 million, a lot of people in Edmonton would be kissing his ass

That's the problem, he's not a good dman, he makes tons of hockey IQ mistakes every game. He has great physical traits, but serious teams wouldn't even play him. He a liability on the ice. He's not 23-24 anymore when you could let it slide. he's nearing the end of his career. Like, it's not remotely ok to continue to say it is, unless you want to accept he's going to cost you in some serious situation, if they think they have the horses to make up for it.. sure.

Playoff hockey is about who makes the lowest amount of mistakes. that's all there is to it, and nurse is the total opposite of that.

The only thing teams would want, is his salary to reach the cap floor on a bottom feeder.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That's the problem, he's not a good dman, he makes tons of hockey IQ mistakes every game. He has great physical traits, but serious teams wouldn't even play him. He a liability on the ice. He's not 23-24 anymore when you could let it slide. he's nearing the end of his career. Like, it's not remotely ok to continue to say it is, unless you want to accept he's going to cost you in some serious situation, if they think they have the horses to make up for it.. sure.

Playoff hockey is about who makes the lowest amount of mistakes. that's all there is to it, and nurse is the total opposite of that.

The only thing teams would want, is his salary to reach the cap floor on a bottom feeder.
We're all aware, and we're all not pleased with it, but there isn't a solution. Maybe Nurse getting fewer minutes, more focused work with the coaching staff and the right partner to offset him will help.

We've seen good hockey from him in the past, but like get over it I guess, because as much as we all want him gone, beating that dead horse won't bring it back to life.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We're all aware, and we're all not pleased with it, but there isn't a solution. Maybe Nurse getting fewer minutes, more focused work with the coaching staff and the right partner to offset him will help.

We've seen good hockey from him in the past, but like get over it I guess, because as much as we all want him gone, beating that dead horse won't bring it back to life.

Short of a miracle trade where we could move Nurse, stay as good or get better, and not have to sell basically every good asset we have to do it, the solution is going to be internal.

There is a player there, but Nurse and the team both have to change their approach to fix things. Nurse needs to recognize his faults and work hard to stop them, the team needs to manage him different until he’s proven he can handle a 25+ minute role again.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Some talk today about the captain skates last year wearing the guys down a bit going into the season.

I actually don’t think it was a bad idea, it worked for the Canucks who did the same thing. Maybe some guys just went too hard, I know Ekholm was basically competing in the gym with Hamblin instead of his usual routine and got hurt.

I think for the guys that played deep in the playoffs, especially the guys that played big minutes, don’t rush it. But the new guys, or role players, I love seeing them so eager to skate.

I’m not counting on Savoie to even play this year but man I have a great feeling about this kid. Really wanna see him play with top 6 regulars in the pre season.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Trade Nurse? Why didn't we think of that.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nurse is 29 and near the end of his career.

Im 33 and nearing retirement age I guess.

I like how you suggest Nurse is near the end of his career and then provide Giordano as an example of someone who could replace him, whos 40.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

Would it hurt you to look at his contract before posting? Maybe to have a better understanding of why they cannot move him or buy him out? Take the 5 minutes man...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
IMG_0354.jpeg

I’ll just leave this here for the “trade Nurse” crowd.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak Emberson
Stecher Brown

Nurse gets paid way too much but he’s still a good defenceman even if he has faults. He’s not a 9 mill Dman but we can’t do anything about his salary anymore.

He had a bad season but he can have a comeback season. If the guy was making 6.5-7 million, a lot of people in Edmonton would be kissing his ass. Complaining won’t fix this or odd ideas of playing him at forward or forcing McDavid to trade him.
Well you see if you clear up 9mill on defence, you have cap to you know, add someone on defence.

I'd rather have Philp there
You’d rather someone who was completely away from hockey for an entire year and wasn’t as good as Hamblin when they played at the same time, play 4c this year?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any rumours on the Darnell nurse situation floating around Edmonton?

What Darnell Nurse “situation”?

Kneeordano at 40 is not better than our #9 D and I don’t even know his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad