Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Reactions: Oilhawks

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Any interest in JVR or Patches?
Not at all. Neither is a good skater and I really think we need to be careful about depleting our team speed any more.

I’m very optimistic about this season but one area we could struggle in a little is team speed. We’ve lost some great skaters this off-season in Broberg, Holloway, and Foegele and while Arvidsson can still fly, the other guys we have brought in aren’t really known for their wheels.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
After looking at the analytics that I actually understand, my order of preference for the D-men we're all talking about:
1. Schultz
2. Shattenkirk
3. Barrie
4. Lindstrom
Which analytics are they and where does Schultz rank offensively and defensively at ES among those 4?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Which analytics are they and where does Schultz rank offensively and defensively at ES among those 4?

Was looking at moneypuck. Wish there was more defensive based analytics but Schultz was the only one to have a >50% corsi & fenwick. Had the best xG% of the list and his xG% was higher for Seattle with him on the ice than off the ice. He also achieved this with less OZ starts than Shattenkirk and Barrie.

Shattenkirk wasn't too far behind but both Barrie and Lindstrom were caved-in defensively.

I'd very much welcome more information from someone that has access to more analytics, I only have a basic knowledge myself.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Letang is traded to Montreal, I could see the Oilers grabbing David Savard at 50%. Ideally we would get another team involved and have it at 75% so that we are still accruing cap space.

I'd also like Jake Evans. Both are UFAs so it's only a matter of time before they are traded.
No thank you to that guy, he's been toast for years.

Also in terms of Barrie/Schultz, what do they bring that Stecher doesn't at this point in their careers? Seems like a waste. The Oilers have depth on the right side, it's the lack of a 2nd pairing guy that's the issue. Emberson/Stecher/Brown are fine as the #6-#8 guys, hopefully Emberson is more than that. Barrie and Schultz are just more of the same thrown into that pile unless they want Barrie around as a locker room guy to fill the Ceci void.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wonder what it would take to get Andersson from the Flames. 2 years at 4.5 is crazy good value.

This is a future forecast move of course, as we approach the deadline. It's looking like if (and when) the Flames crash and burn that Rasmus will be for sale and that he will be the top RD available. So many have said that other teams will be much better set up than we will be.

I happen to think he is a great stylistic complement to Nurse, and I don't see other Dmen who could be available who compare. I'm not a huge expert on him but I have watched him and I like what I research. He seems similar to Ekholm actually in that he can look elite but will buckle under big minutes.

So should the trade cost be similar? I'd say marginally less, so maybe a 1st and a key prospect?
The Flames aren't trading him to Edmonton, Conroy already showed how vindictive he is by trading Tanev elsewhere when apparently the Oilers made a better offer. He'd be the perfect add though, but it's not happening.
They have Little Brother Syndrome. It's quite sad actually.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
No thank you to that guy, he's been toast for years.

Also in terms of Barrie/Schultz, what do they bring that Stecher doesn't at this point in their careers? Seems like a waste. The Oilers have depth on the right side, it's the lack of a 2nd pairing guy that's the issue. Emberson/Stecher/Brown are fine as the #6-#8 guys, hopefully Emberson is more than that. Barrie and Schultz are just more of the same thrown into that pile unless they want Barrie around as a locker room guy to fill the Ceci void.
Agree, also despite the CF% we need someone who's not going to be a void at the back playing with Nurse who on his own causes lots of problems in our end without the puck. Would rather give Stetcher a shot or live with Shattenkirk's age 35 decline than go back with either.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
if knob just tells the team to shoot at 20%, we probably don’t need draisaitl.

Maybe he’s onto something
Yes. This is correct. Knob needs to tell the team to be more efficient out there like Tocchet has had his boys doing. I am sure we can beat them at their peak and get TEN 20% shooters at one point and beat their EIGHT that they had

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If he makes it to the TDL without a contract, I'd seriously trade him for a hell of a haul. You cannot afford to risk losing him for nothing.

Yep. Hopefully there is an internal deadline for the organization to get Drai re-signed so that we don’t lose him for nothing. At least get some assets back.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If he makes it to the TDL without a contract, I'd seriously trade him for a hell of a haul. You cannot afford to risk losing him for nothing.

I would be making this trade (if no contract) way earlier than the trade deadline. Drai has a modified no trade which allows him to pick 10 teams that he would accept trade to (or not be traded to - I am not sure on this).

I would assume that he has to submit this list by some agreed upon deadline early in the season or prior to the season sometime.

If there is no possibility of a deal, you have to move him for the best you can. Can't run the risk of a Tavares type move.

Reactions: Vagabond and McDrai

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Too small and I think he's pretty done.

Bellemare would be interesting to look at. He's a bottom-6 forward, but he had decent results last year on the Kraken.

Bellemare is 39. Johnson is 34. How can Johnson be done but not Bellemare?

Johnson had 17G last year but did probably get more playing time with Chicago

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad