Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bellemare is 39. Johnson is 34. How can Johnson be done but not Bellemare?

Johnson had 17G last year but did probably get more playing time with Chicago
Because Bellemare is just a 4th line center/13 or 14th forward. Johnson, to be effective, is still more of a top-9 guy.

Oilers don't have a need or space for him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What about Tyler Johnson as a 4C?

1724690363752.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Flames aren't trading him to Edmonton, Conroy already showed how vindictive he is by trading Tanev elsewhere when apparently the Oilers made a better offer. He'd be the perfect add though, but it's not happening.
They have Little Brother Syndrome. It's quite sad actually.
We didn't make the better offer. Ours included them taking Ceci, who the Flames didn't want. So I'm not willing to buy into that little brother explanation just yet. They've traded with us before as well, and other rivals.

At the very least we could get to that point and if Andersson is a no go, just try with someone else.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Would Vegas move Theodore rather than potentially losing him for nothing if it looks like they are going to miss or may not have the chops to go far in next year's playoffs. He is lefty but is more comfortable playing on the right side.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
We didn't make the better offer. Ours included them taking Ceci, who the Flames didn't want. So I'm not willing to buy into that little brother explanation just yet. They've traded with us before as well, and other rivals.

At the very least we could get to that point and if Andersson is a no go, just try with someone else.

Calgary has literally never made a trade that resulted in us getting better. It’s always been us selling to them. The closest was the Lucic/Neal swap.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Calgary has literally never made a trade that resulted in us getting better. It’s always been us selling to them. The closest was the Lucic/Neal swap.

This one is different too in the sense that it could be the final piece to put us over the top to win the Cup.

Personally, I would be f***ing livid if we handed the Flames the final piece to a championship team, even if the return was technically the best. The 2nd best offer probably isn't that much worse to make it worth it for your fans to basically be tortured.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Would Vegas move Theodore rather than potentially losing him for nothing if it looks like they are going to miss or may not have the chops to go far in next year's playoffs. He is lefty but is more comfortable playing on the right side.
Theodore would be a great addition as he and Nurse have played together at the WJC. The problem would be he most likely be a rental as it would be hard to find the cap to extend him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Did the Flames have a trade like that with the Canucks before the Lindholm trade? The Flames at times has been a bigger rival with the Canucks than with us. Even culturally, Calgary has a lot of connections with Vancouver as well. Imo Conroy is ready to make trades coldly. The fact that the Flames are so bad basically kills any sense of rivalry

I bet if we have the best offer we could get Andersson.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What about Tyler Johnson as a 4C?

This is kind of an interesting one because I think there's a fair chance that Johnson is currently better than Derek Ryan, but he did get caved pretty hard in Chicago defensively. I might sign him if he's willing to sign for cheap.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think training camp starts on the 15th of Sept every season doesn't it (not including the covid years of course).

I assume they start with physicals on the 15th and then actual training camp on ice starts the next day.

Of course rookies/prospects start a few days earlier and they get folded into main camp after the 15th as well.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Is Bouchard at 12 really a possibility? I could see 9.5 just to put him a notch over Nurse

If I were Bouchard's agent I'm probably starting the ask at $12AAV over an 8 year deal. Cap is going to escalate massively and I think agents are much, much more wise to that now vs. 15 years ago when players signing long term deals for manageable AAVs was the norm (to their detriment).

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If I were Bouchard's agent I'm probably starting the ask at $12AAV over an 8 year deal. Cap is going to escalate massively and I think agents are much, much more wise to that now vs. 15 years ago when players signing long term deals for manageable AAVs was the norm (to their detriment).
That makes him the highest paid defenseman in the league. I don't see he has earned that sort of money even with the pending cap increase. Frankly he sits in a group with guys like Makar, Hughes, Heiskanen, Fox and Dahlin. Right now he is probably at the bottom of that group in terms of what he has done so far. For this reason I'd rather see a shorter term deal at a lesser cap hit. 4 years at $8.5M would be a deal that would set him up for a really big payday when the cap space was there to support it.

Frankly, I still think $47M for the four should be doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad