Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If DeAngelo is available and would do the same 1.6 mil we can fit him in. Yes he is feisty but we like those guys. If he has his act together then we have a solid D corps. WE can spend up to 1.9 on him and be cap compliant. Brown goes down.

Eks Bouch
Nurse DeAngelo
Kulak Emb

Stecher
It’s almost Sept, why pay him more than league minimum?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah his name makes alot of sense, if they can make it all fit
Kulak out, Fabbro in, DeAngelo in at 1-1.2. Cap compliant. That's another 2 RHD though, and one LHD hole that needs filling. We'd be awash in RHD and needing a LHD for our bottom pair.

Frank Seravalli saying on Oilers Now that Edmonton is looking to make a trade for a defenceman before training camp
Staples discusses:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kulak out, Fabbro in, DeAngelo in at 1-1.2. Cap compliant. That's another 2 RHD though, and one LHD hole that needs filling. We'd be awash in RHD and needing a LHD for our bottom pair.

Staples discusses:
No to DeAngelo and he's a bad RHD. Scandella if he comes cheap would be a nice replacement there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't buy that some trade for 2RD is coming. There aren't sellers now. When has this happened before? Teams have too much hope now. Even the bad ones

I'm assuming it is a 2RD trade. I don't see the point of another bottom pairing

Reactions: McDoused

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Tough to say how they could shake things up as is reported.
"This in from NHL insider Frank Seravalli of The Daily Faceoff, his take that the Edmonton Oilers are considering a significant trade, not just bringing in a veteran d-man on a Professional Try-Out."

So what would shake things up? The Forward group has to be pretty set.
Sure Leon not being signed yet can cause some stress hearing talk like that, but I think they're just waiting for him to get back to announce it, and have a presser. He's part of the core leadership, and this will probably be the biggest contract in Oiler's history (until McDavid's of course) - It would only make sense.

So who then? Hyman, can't see it, RNH (NTC), Skinner and Arvisson just signed - same with Janmark/Henrique/Brown who all took less to come back. Perry? Just resigned. Kane???

For D, I can't see them doing anything with Ekholm, Nurse is locked tight, Bouchard is now part of the core leadership. That leaves Kulak as a possibility due to his contract and age. The other D were all just signed. That leaves a gap in our 3rd pairing LHD though.

1724728314563.png

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I hate to bring up rumours that are on Twitter because I know some people don't like it on here when it comes to knowing if its legitimate, but the NHL Network spoke last week about the Oilers and Predators discussing Fabbro and Tomasino in a trade. It was a Nashville reporter who discussed it on there.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Tough to say how they could shake things up as is reported.
"This in from NHL insider Frank Seravalli of The Daily Faceoff, his take that the Edmonton Oilers are considering a significant trade, not just bringing in a veteran d-man on a Professional Try-Out."

So what would shake things up? The Forward group has to be pretty set.
Sure Leon not being signed yet can cause some stress hearing talk like that, but I think they're just waiting for him to get back to announce it, and have a presser. He's part of the core leadership, and this will probably be the biggest contract in Oiler's history (until McDavid's of course) - It would only make sense.

So who then? Hyman, can't see it, RNH (NTC), Skinner and Arvisson just signed - same with Janmark/Henrique/Brown who all took less to come back. Perry? Just resigned. Kane???

For D, I can't see them doing anything with Ekholm, Nurse is locked tight, Bouchard is now part of the core leadership. That leaves Kulak as a possibility due to his contract and age. The other D were all just signed. That leaves a gap in our 3rd pairing LHD though.

View attachment 903376

I am sure it’s mostly click bait. The only way to really shake up the team while making sense is if Nurse or Kane are involved. Cant see Kane moving when he’s hurt and Nurse is very likely unmoveable.

Only other player might be Nuge but I can’t see it.

Guessing its mostly click bait or he has a very funny definition of shaking things up.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I am sure it’s mostly click bait. The only way to really shake up the team while making sense is if Nurse or Kane are involved. Cant see Kane moving when he’s hurt and Nurse is very likely unmoveable.

Only other player might be Nuge but I can’t see it.

Guessing its mostly click bait or he has a very funny definition of shaking things up.
Don't think Seravalli is clickbait lol. The article was by David Staples. He's definitely clickbait

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hate to bring up rumours that are on Twitter because I know some people don't like it on here when it comes to knowing if its legitimate, but the NHL Network spoke last week about the Oilers and Predators discussing Fabbro and Tomasino in a trade. It was a Nashville reporter who discussed it on there.
Honestly I don't see why it would be less worthy to be brought up than Seravelli's best guesses.

Still, if Nashville is trading Fabbro wouldn't they be trying to upgrade? They added Stamkos. They are going to try to win.

Then again they added Skjei.

Plus, RD and depth C are our exact needs.

Plus, we've traded with Nashville in the recent past. Trades tend to lead to other trades

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Honestly I don't see why it would be less worthy to be brought up than Seravelli's best guesses.

Still, if Nashville is trading Fabbro wouldn't they be trying to upgrade? They added Stamkos. They are going to try to win.

Plus, we've traded with Nashville in the recent past. Trades tend to lead to other trades
Agreed. I bet if this happens, we will trade Wanner. This team tends to trade my favourite prospects

Reactions: McDoused

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Its crazy you guys didn't buyout Nurse this offseason. Cap hit would be 1.5 mil forever but that is easy to live with especially if you have the best player in the NHL for most of that time period. He's not a good enough player to care if you see him on the Nucks or Flames.

Was Broborg just not that popular for a former top 10 pick? He's still pretty young.
Nurse is fine. Though they should probably work on a power play with him involved so the neigh sayers are looking to trade for him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Fabbro makes sense. Statistically hes a match for what Nurse needs. He is good at denying zone entries and puck retrievals.

1724731318310.png

1724731292560.png

Reactions: walktheboulavard

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Not at all. Neither is a good skater and I really think we need to be careful about depleting our team speed any more.

I’m very optimistic about this season but one area we could struggle in a little is team speed. We’ve lost some great skaters this off-season in Broberg, Holloway, and Foegele and while Arvidsson can still fly, the other guys we have brought in aren’t really known for their wheels.
You mean we’re going to miss guys that never played much?

Oct 15, 2017
My Offer sheet tweak.

The team who has players OS should be allowed a 24-48 hr bargaining window with other teams to try and increase what they receive.

Player still gets a contract, but this allows even more action as well as might force teams to offer a bit more up front for fear of losing to another team. That way these bull poop 1$ below a 1st round pick is payment crap won't happen.

In this scenario what if another team approached the Oilers offered a 1st for Broberg at 4.6 over 2Y?

That should be allowed for the amount of $$ a team put into drafting and developing. Not a throw away 2nd.

Just an idea

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Yeah, Skjei is a LD like Josi but with Fabbro in his final year it may not be in their budget to re-sign him.

Their other RD are Carrier and Schenn, so the subtraction of Fabbro would leave them pretty thin.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Oilers fans have mostly written it off as impossible, but someone with fresh eyes looking to shake things up would be exploring options for trading Nurse. You have to. You’re either looking for the mystery partner that completely turns 9.25 Nurses game around, or you just remove Nurse. The contract is a horrific, Nurse is deteriorating as a player, if it’s possible I would expect a new GM like Bowman to strongly consider it, he didn’t give Nurse that contract and he needs to do what’s best for the team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oilers fans have mostly written it off as impossible, but someone with fresh eyes looking to shake things up would be exploring options for trading Nurse. You have to. You’re either looking for the mystery partner that completely turns 9.25 Nurses game around, or you just remove Nurse. The contract is a horrific, Nurse is deteriorating as a player, if it’s possible I would expect a new GM like Bowman to strongly consider it, he didn’t give Nurse that contract and he needs to do what’s best for the team.
NMC though. He'd have to be convinced to leave.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
hope it’s Nurse, but very doubtful. But if we do end up trading him…. I’d question why Broberg was not matched.
I mean Broberg is not a proven top 4D. Having him anchor our 2nd pairing was setting him and the team up for failure unless he truly was ready to take that step.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad